Pete on KIRO....Links Included.....

kidhawk

Reaction score
Dang, he's early today....looks like he's talking about the Rugby guy and pretty much deferring.

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
Uh oh..... Bobby Wagner with the dreaded "a couple weeks out" diagnosis...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":315lidt3 said:
Uh oh..... Bobby Wagner with the dreaded "a couple weeks out" diagnosis...
Ugh....That sucks balls.
My brother will be happy though. He thinks Coyle is the real deal. I beg to differ.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I like what Coyle did in pre-season games, lets give him a chance.

Pete didn't even mention him...hahaha

kidhawk

Reaction score
My synopsis from where I joined (after the discussion or non discussion about the Rugby player)

Gave plenty of props to the Rams as he always does about our opponents.

Asked about Davis and gave him a good review

Asked about our third down problems he said it's always hard on 3rd and long and that we've had a lot of penalties that put us into those long situations. Said we need to be better at putting ourselves in better situations. said it took until the 2nd half last year to get there but hopes it doesn't take this long. Also added that 3rd down is an issue on both sides of the ball.

Went on to say that we win when we run more, but we need to get more first downs to get more runs.

KJ will likely play for Wagner while he's out with Bruce and Malcolm playing as well.

Says Simon is practicing today. They'll see how it goes, but is looking forward to his return.

If Simon can't go do we need to add anyone? he said we'll address that when the time comes.

We need to combine good coverage with good rush to get good pressures on the qb.

Said he'd love to have Paul and Kevin playing, thinks that they are both starter quality. Said it's a battle to the end of each week. Basically it's a numbers game and we have a lot of receivers.

Gave Dallas credit for keeping Percy under wraps. Said we didn't take advantage of a few things we could have done different when they were focused on stopping Percy.

Reiterated that the situation of the game is why we haven't had as many runs as we'd like in our 2 losses.

Says there is still stuff in practice that they do that has yet to be used in games.

Speaks highly of the Rams ability to pressure the qb

Kam will be practicing today and should be ok this week.

Lynch is good to go and there is no issue holding him back.

Asked again about Rugby players, said they are extremely good athletes and there is a lot of general carry over between the sports. Says it would be a tremendous challenge to make the jump to the NFL without having played organized Football. Says very few could likely do it.

On Percy's short passes. Said he has been sent on routes and that we just haven't hit it or that Russell hasn't seen him.

Asked more about C-Mike I think and he went on a tangent about how he sees no reason for the NFL to have inactive players. Thinks it would be better for everyone if they were all active.

When asked about the difference in healthy players, he says it would be cool to be able to activate a few players from the practice squad to fill the holes from injured players to have balanced squads.

On Baldwin, says he was just venting.

Shead is in the mix at corner (I'm assuming as a backup)

First thought Coyle would be an outside LB...it was early in camp that they asked him about playing inside and they then moved him inside and he has done great with that.

on Lane...said he's on schedule to start practicing next week, then 2 weeks later he comes back (I believe he's eligible to play against the Giants)

That's it for Pete today

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2mprhaaw said:
Sorry Kid, I know you usually do these, but I was sittin here and it started.

Not a problem. I'm glad you gave the head's up.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":3f4h1mg9 said:

I just picked him up in one of my IDP fantasy leagues. lol

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2ufetz5e said:

He was asked about him later and gave him some good props

hoxrox

Reaction score
kidhawk":g2vk6z43 said:
Largent80":g2vk6z43 said:

He looked pretty good in preseason but was pretty lost on that Witten TD.

Glad KJ's gonna take that spot instead.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":16ttjavh said:
kidhawk":16ttjavh said:
Largent80":16ttjavh said:

He looked pretty good in preseason but was pretty lost on that Witten TD.

Glad KJ's gonna take that spot instead.

I have no problems with Coyle. he's a little inexperienced, but he was thrown to the wolves without too many snaps in practice. Given a week to get practiced up, either will be great, but moving Wright over, makes room to put Smith outside and I think that is a better overall combination

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Plus remember, Smith is just now getting his football legs under him after surgery.

He is going to improve as the season goes along. I want to see KJ Wright play more consistent. He is screwing the pooch in pass defense so far. I do like that combo of He and Smith/Irvin, that is a lotta speed.

hawk45

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ivj0q7w said:
Said he'd love to have Paul and Kevin playing, thinks that they are both starter quality. Said it's a battle to the end of each week. Basically it's a numbers game and we have a lot of receivers.
Thanks for these as always.

Ugh, yeah it's a numbers game but these are guys who can do things that your other receivers can't do. I mean I guess Lockette is fast like PRich and Lockette is a special teams beast so fine, whatever, but Norwood gives you something you don't have out there. Sit Walters down and let Baldwin return punts if you need a space for Norwood and he's "starter quality."

Latest posts