2 trip reports for the free price of one!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Well, I didn't see that one coming either. You know what though, I dealt with this loss better than most before, and I don't know if that's a sign of me being fat and lazy after a Super Bowl victory, hangover in full effect, or if that just means that after watching the game unfold, I have to be honest with myself that the Seahawks deserved to lose this game and there was nothing that I could do about it. We'll see. Just in case it is the first option, and in an effort to save money now before the backbreaking costs of holiday flights/any 'Hawks home game now, I'm taking this journey back to it's original, gritty roots. I'll be taking a bus from NYC to St. Louis on Saturday. The bus leaves NYC at 9:00 AM and arrives in St. Louis the next morning at 6:15 AM. The bus back home leaves St. Louis at 5:15 PM and arrives in NYC at 6:00 PM the next day. It saves me some cash, and I get to say that I truly earned it this season and didn't rest on the laurels of last season. The motto still is, and always will be, earn everything! As Bob Marley would say, don't worry Seahawks fans and dear friends, everything's gonna be alright. Here's my writeup from the Dallas game, and the Washington game as well below it, as Aros pointed out to me at Temple the other day that I hadn't posted my writeup for the Redskins game on .Net last week. Just glad to know people are still reading, thanks!

http://www.seafense.net/2014/10/sunday-bloody-sunday.html

http://www.seafense.net/2014/10/youve-just-crossed-over-into-twilight.html

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3aup10lj said:
The bus? For like 24 hours? And I thought I was a fan.
:bow: :bow:

You ARE a fan! I do this for all those who can't. You're all there with me.

It'll be 48 hours of bus, with 3 1/2 hours (unless OT, then 4:15?) of game, and a total of 11 hours spent in St. Louis. I want to get home Monday night so that I can hang out with my lady, who's been nothing but a trooper since this whole crazy thing started.

byau

Reaction score
Hey cool! Not just read on the air, you got a video of your question on the air!

That's pretty awesome

mikeak

Reaction score
NYCoug - haven't seen you around in awhile. Good to see fire and passion is there. If I remember your ticket to last St. Louis game was invalid and you got one free so maybe some similiar luck and you stumble in an airline ticket :)

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
mikeak":287jydbp said:
NYCoug - haven't seen you around in awhile. Good to see fire and passion is there. If I remember your ticket to last St. Louis game was invalid and you got one free so maybe some similiar luck and you stumble in an airline ticket :)

Hey Mike! Great to hear from ya! I've been posting my writeup's here every week, although you've probably missed them amidst all the Harvin drama, Fire Bevell, and TMZ gossip that's polluted .Net lately haha it's human nature, so I totally understand why people gravitate more towards that type of negativity than something like what I'm doing.

You are absolutely right about me being handed a free ticket outside of the Edward Jones Dome last season. I also got to hang out with Kam Chancellor's brother in DC at the airport because our connector flight to Stl was delayed. You've got a good memory, Mike, thanks for finding my stories worthy enough for a spot in your memory bank, I appreciate it.

And I guess you could say you ended up being right about me stumbling into an airline ticket. I found a relatively cheap flight back home after the game, so I'll at least get to fly back. Basically, work on Monday will pay for my flight back home after the game. My bus voyage to St. Louis is underway though. Just left Baltimore, headed to Pittsburgh, then on through Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, then on to St. Louis.

And if that's not enough, I'll be bussing it to Charlotte for the Panthers game too. 12 hours each way from Chinatown in Manhattan to Charlotte. My girlfriend and I pulled off the trip to open the season last year, this time, I'll be doing it alone. Consider this me doing my part to try and get back to my roots of gritty, do whatever it takes to get there type mentality that this whole thing started with just as the Hawks try to do the same after the Harvin trade.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ guess you are still in the road so have a great trip and yeah sometimes when doing the math one realizes that back to work is better than staying in a bus for 24 hours :)

I expect them to come out tomorrow with something to prove. So hoping you can sit back tomorrow and enjoy the experience.

Will go over to your site and check out this years travel reports!