Bobby Wagner out indefinitely

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So far no report on timeline, surgery, etc. But this is the pull from Pete's Presser

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Looks like my adopt a rookie, Brock Coyle, is about to be thrown in at the deep end. Big shoes to fill and we'll inevitably see a drop off, but I think Coyle can step in and do a respectable job for us.

Still, really disappointing for us and Bobby, he was having himself a Pro-bowl year.

King Dog

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if they move KJ to the middle and go with Smith and Irvin, or if they go with Coyle.

I guess we could see some Schofield on the outside as well if KJ moves inside.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The middle of the Defense was bleeding while Wagner was out on Sunday. Badly.

They gave up multiple 3rd down conversions for firsts, including the horrible 3rd and 14. Dallas attacked the middle of the field and had their way.

This is not good at all.

Largent80

Reaction score
HawkFan72":26huprak said:

They gave up multiple 3rd down conversions for firsts, including the horrible 3rd and 14. Dallas attacked the middle of the field and had their way.

This is not good at all.

A week of knowing it will be this way and practicing as such makes a world of difference plus the Rams O-Line is not even 1/4 as good as Dal-Ass.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":7cnxiuyb said:

This is not good at all.

This week Wright will be in the middle and he'll have a week to prepare. Last week they threw Coyle out there because nobody else had the reps at the position. We'll be better prepared for the middle this week. It will help if we can get Simon back to play outside and get Burley back on Nickel as well. Moving Burley out of the middle just softened it up even more

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd rather they move KJ Wright to MLB, start Smith and Irvin on the outside. Nothing against Coyle, I just think that Wright would be better in middle. He was a MLB his first year, if I remember correctly.

hawker84

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ujmypu0 said:
I'd rather they move KJ Wright to MLB, start Smith and Irvin on the outside. Nothing against Coyle, I just think that Wright would be better in middle. He was a MLB his first year, if I remember correctly.

I like the idea of KJ in the middle, he did great last year filling in for Bobby, and this will give Malcom a chance to get more reps in, who I personally think is our best OLB...

And i agree, LB depth is good, CB is the position that concern me with Kam hurt and Maxwell dinged up.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawker84":2635v1im said:
hawkfan68":2635v1im said:

I like the idea of KJ in the middle, he did great last year filling in for Bobby, and this will give Malcom a chance to get more reps in, who I personally think is our best OLB...

And i agree, LB depth is good, CB is the position that concern me with Kam hurt and Maxwell dinged up.

KJ not as effective in coverage as Malcolm Smith is, plus not as fast either. Irvin right now is the best pass rusher from LB spot. We saw what Coyle did against Dallas when Wagner went out. That was when Randle got his big run and Dallas' run game started getting some steam. Coyle is a rookie and inexperienced. That is the main reason I'd like KJ to move to middle.

Hawks46

Reaction score
King Dog":3ow08t3x said:
It will be interesting to see if they move KJ to the middle and go with Smith and Irvin, or if they go with Coyle.

I guess we could see some Schofield on the outside as well if KJ moves inside.

I think this is the route they will go, unless Croyle steps up and improves. I don't blame Croyle for a dropoff from Wagner, but this week he will get a lot more reps.

I'd like to see Wright slide inside anyways for a few weeks. I'm curious as to how the combination of Irvin and Smith will look at OLB; that's a ton more speed than what we have out there now. Also, KPL will get more reps and might see some playing time.

LBer is a position we are very deep at. I'm not super worried about it overall.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Pete said as much in his presser, KJ with play the Mike.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is a huge loss. Some of you can sugarcoat this, but when Bobby has been hurt or out, our run D has suffered immensely.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
These injuries are really stacking up for us now...................losing Bobby is a huge loss. The Rams chances of winning just went up considerably.