pehawk

Reaction score
I like this guy and I'm not sure why.

byau

Reaction score
pehawk":2i1okqsz said:

Some salient points from the article

* Seahawks offered a workout, he declined. Seahawks would have offered vet min, he wants more.
* Jets say that was a no-show for a preseason game against the Giants WITHOUT TELLING THE TEAM. It wasn't until the next day they confirmed he wasn't in any danger
* His response was that his agent tried to reach out to the Jets organization multiple times the day before the game

I think I've heard enough

One more tidbit

* Last month he worked out with the Detroit Lions, left without a contract

The article concludes with

Although he still has the talent to help a secondary, it doesn't appear any team is willing to make the type of investment he's seeking. Between the bizarre situation with the Jets and the fact that he hasn't played more than seven games in a season since 2011, there's risk involved unless it's a simple, short-term contract.

Sounds like the Seahawks did the right thing: did not close any doors, offered a chance to a player still not signed to play with a playoff team at the vet min, let him filter himself out. And he did.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This sounds like a guy who is getting very bad advice from the people around him.

Or else a guy who needs to start listening to the advice of people around him and stop making his own decisions.

byau

Reaction score
HawkFan72":40r6sy2s said:
This sounds like a guy who is getting very bad advice from the people around him.

Or else a guy who needs to start listening to the advice of people around him and stop making his own decisions.

Well, he could be banking on teams having injuries throughout the season and needing his talents.

Agreed that if I were one of his peoples I'd be telling him a 1-year vet min to show his commitment to a team and he plays lights out and he'd be right again next year. And I'm sure in a few weeks if his agent were to be reaching out to every team saying his client would be ready for such a deal he'd get some workouts

That being said, the no-show definitely lowered his value. That's a bonehead play no matter whose fault it is. How can an agent not get ahold of an ORGANIZATION during an entire day?

pehawk

Reaction score
byau":i294g32n said:
pehawk":i294g32n said:

Some salient points from the article

* Seahawks offered a workout, he declined. Seahawks would have offered vet min, he wants more.
* Jets say that was a no-show for a preseason game against the Giants WITHOUT TELLING THE TEAM. It wasn't until the next day they confirmed he wasn't in any danger
* His response was that his agent tried to reach out to the Jets organization multiple times the day before the game

I think I've heard enough

One more tidbit

* Last month he worked out with the Detroit Lions, left without a contract

The article concludes with

Although he still has the talent to help a secondary, it doesn't appear any team is willing to make the type of investment he's seeking. Between the bizarre situation with the Jets and the fact that he hasn't played more than seven games in a season since 2011, there's risk involved unless it's a simple, short-term contract.

Sounds like the Seahawks did the right thing: did not close any doors, offered a chance to a player still not signed to play with a playoff team at the vet min, let him filter himself out. And he did.

Oops, accidently hit PM vs quote first time.

Anyways, yes, I understand dude's a wreck. But, any time I read a story about him it makes me smile. Dude's money.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Patterson sounds all kinds of flaky. NEXT.

When the Patriots didn't activate Brandon Browner after his suspension was up I was secretly kinda hoping we'd get him back...but it looks like he's on for Sunday.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
He couldn't hang in the Jets secondary???

That is all anyoneneeds to know.

PASS.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Patterson is awful from what I remember seeing of him. Not having him is really a blessing in disguise.

Would rather bring back Terrell Thomas for a couple of weeks.

mikeak

Reaction score
Smart guy realizes that veterans minimum for 10 games is more than 1.4 times minimum for 5 games

Point being I laugh when some guys are holding out for more and while they will earn more per game it often works out to less for the season

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":3gzqdm8s said:
Patterson sounds all kinds of flaky. NEXT.

When the Patriots didn't activate Brandon Browner after his suspension was up I was secretly kinda hoping we'd get him back...but it looks like he's on for Sunday.

Actually, you can watch him catching passes from Geno Smith tonight.