Our first 5 games last year

getnasty

Reaction score
If you look at our record though 5 games last year we were 4-1, this year 3-2. The only difference between this years and last years record is that Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak gift wrapped a game tying interception, and Terrence Williams made a amazing catch to steal a win from us. 9 times out of 10 we lose that Houston game and 9 times of 10 we win that Cowboy game. I'm not saying were playing well by any means but at the same time were 3-2 with our two loses coming to teams that our playing very well, and wins against two very good teams in Green Bay and Denver.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Nevermind, Pocketprotector just said the same thing in another thread i just read after posting. My bad!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You want me to delete the thread? I prefer not to given it's focused on a particular subject. My thought is that we just faced some of the very best quarterbacks in the game with rules making it a guarantee that they will be successful no matter what. People have mentioned sacks league wide are at an all time low...riddle me this, why is that even a question given the current incorrect and slanted enforcement of certain rules?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Last year we were a lot healthier at this time though.. thats the biggest difference. This team is getting gutted by injuries and the depth is not what it was a year ago.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ugzzj4r said:
You want me to delete the thread? I prefer not to given it's focused on a particular subject. My thought is that we just faced some of the very best quarterbacks in the game with rules making it a guarantee that they will be successful no matter what. People have mentioned sacks league wide are at an all time low...riddle me this, why is that even a question given the current incorrect and slanted enforcement of certain rules?

A lot of the reason the sacks are down is the lack of enforcement on offensive line holding penalties. I've seen tons of egregious stuff let go this year, and I'm not just talking Seahawks games.

The whole penalty thing is starting to make the NFL almost unwatchable anymore. I couldn't even tell you what a penalty is half the time. Either rules have become entirely subjective, the referees are getting worse, or the NFL keeps tweaking things to the point where it's impossible to be accurate anymore.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawks46":223i333x said:
MizzouHawkGal":223i333x said:

A lot of the reason the sacks are down is the lack of enforcement on offensive line holding penalties. I've seen tons of egregious stuff let go this year, and I'm not just talking Seahawks games.

The whole penalty thing is starting to make the NFL almost unwatchable anymore. I couldn't even tell you what a penalty is half the time. Either rules have become entirely subjective, the referees are getting worse, or the NFL keeps tweaking things to the point where it's impossible to be accurate anymore.

+1
I am saying the same thing in blatant PIs where defender is not turning their head. Not just the one that should have been called against Dallas but I am seeing them in just about every game.

Meanwhile non impacting hand in the back etc and penalty called

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't know about being much healthier, I remember our O line being decimated with injuries and a very bad McQuiston starting at L Tackle for much of the first half. Rice was injured as was Harvin, Clemons coming off an ACL, irvin suspended.

We were far from healthy, but found a way. that's what i'm hoping on.