Seahawks record following MNF

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I believe that a bit of that less-than-stellar performance against Dallas can be attributed to the fact that the Cowboys had much more prep time during the week than the Seahawks did. They started Monday after an early home game on Sunday. The Seahawks didn't get any downtime before starting to prepare for Dallas on Wednesday. No excuses, but this was a big factor IMO.

With that in mind I looked back over the past three years (RW era) at our post MNF games. It won't surprise anyone to know that the team is 4-0 on MNF with Russell at the helm, but what may surprise some of you is that they are 1-3 the week following those victories. That one win was at home against Tampa Bay last year. A vastly inferior team that forced us into overtime and the biggest comeback in Seahawks history. This was very close to being 0-4 the week following MNF.

So last week was not an aberration. It was pretty typical for this team. As long as the rest of the season is "typical" of this team, I'm good. In better news, we have zero MNF appearances remaining in 2014.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It's an interesting stat, but I think it's more coincidence than anything else.

The team looked off, but the Cowboys played outstanding football.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
What would be more interesting would be compiling data of win-losses both after MNF, TNF, and RS Bye Weeks with point differential added in.

Something tells me most of the teams more recent struggles the last few years have always been when their systems and schedules have been thrown off by shortened or pro-longed weeks.

Too little time = not prepared enough.

Too much time off = loss of momentum/rhythm

I know Heath Farwell last year said something similar on the difficulty of staying on schedule when you have more or less time to prepare tends to throw players of their schedule.

And I think Pete or some player repeated the sentiments around the time after the SD game.

I think in these next 5 weeks or so, you'll see a more consistent Seahawks team from game to game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Interesting point, this is definitely something that Pete needs to address and maybe change up the way they prepare after a Monday Night game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Well then SoCal, based on this you are in great shape for Sunday.

Not only are you playing a lessor team, but they just played MNF so can't actually prepare. :roll:

OP
OP
SoCalSeahawk

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":2qdby1t4 said:
Well then SoCal, based on this you are in great shape for Sunday.

Not only are you playing a lessor team, but they just played MNF so can't actually prepare. :roll:

I'm not sure how you correlate the Rams post MNF performance with that of the Seahawks, or any other team for that matter. For all I know the Rams may have a history of being great the week after MNF. I wouldn't know, I'm not a Rams fan and don't care enough to look it up. The point of my post is that the Seahawks have not played well the week after MNF.

As far as me personally playing a lesser team that is not prepared; see this post.