20-12 lifetime vs Rams

kidhawk

Reaction score
I was looking at Football Database and noticed that we have a very respectable record vs. the rams at 20-12 lifetime. What I found that surprised me a little was that since our loss in the 2004 season playoffs to the Rams, we are 16-2 against them.

RedAlice

Reaction score
The Rams have the most losses of any team in the NFL for at least the last decade, so this is not surprising at all.

We are only down 1 game in overall record with the Niners because we had some good years prior to this lovely long decade.

Edit: Ok, it just feels like we are have the most. The Raiders beat us by a whopping: Three.

Last ten years:

Raiders: 49 - 111
Lions 50-110
Browns 51 - 109
Rams 51 - 108- 1

http://www.footballnation.com/content/t ... ars/27863/

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":17j15bys said:
The Rams have the most losses of any team in the NFL for at least the last decade, so this is not surprising at all.

We are only down 1 game in overall record with the Niners because we had some good years prior to this lovely long decade.

More interesting to me is the margin of victory difference

We are 7-2 in your house, but 5 of those wins were by 6 or fewer points. Also, we are pretty well split in St. Louis over the past 4 seasons, with each of us getting a 17 point victory and us winning by 5 and losing by 6. This tells me that this game should be closer than the average bettor believes it will be.

Margin of victory in St. Louis

Margin of Victory in Seattle

RedAlice

Reaction score
But these are two different teams than the whole of the last decade. I'm not surprised at the record over that time period, but I don't think it shows anything about this game on Sunday.

Last year's game does. It's closer to what our current teams are; however, Rams are also currently blowing out big leads and losing games they should win while the Hawks are winning games they could possibly lose.

That is the current numbers trend.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":2updj0t1 said:
But these are two different teams than the whole of the last decade. I'm not surprised at the record over that time period, but I don't think it shows anything about this game on Sunday.

Last year's game does. It's closer to what our current teams are; however, Rams are also currently blowing out big leads and losing games they should win while the Hawks are winning games they could possibly lose.

That is the current numbers trend.

Did you watch us play against the Cowboys last week? I think the teams within this division will always play tough at home against their division rivals. I believe that the historical data is actually going to fit in fairly accurately this coming week as well. This game will be within a TD and those giving up 7 in Vegas will be sorely disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I realize that our team is in a bad mood after that loss, and that alone may well change the history, but as far as matchups are concerned, the recent Rams teams match up with us alright across the board, so on the road our games should be close. This is the NFL though, so what should happen is very often not what does happen.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I can agree with any data that suggests a 7 point or less game.

We also played the Eagles in Philly when they were pissed after coming off their first loss of the season to the Niners. They started out hard and fast and took a big lead quick - then slowed off of it and Rams came back w 21 unanswered points.

Let's see what this week adds to the data here. :D

kearly

Reaction score
The LA Rams gave the Seahawks fits. Even when the LA Rams stunk worse than the Seahawks, they just had Seattle's number for some reason.

I guess that's the bright side for Rams fans. If the team moves to LA, maybe the Rams will start dominating the Seahawks again.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":2p4kqgvz said:
The LA Rams gave the Seahawks fits. Even when the LA Rams stunk worse than the Seahawks, they just had Seattle's number for some reason.

I guess that's the bright side for Rams fans. If the team moves to LA, maybe the Rams will start dominating the Seahawks again.

Kearly <3

If only....

This is the quote up on one of the good Rams sites front page (based on Fisher's coaching):
"Looks like Fish does not want to accompany this team to LA next year" - ramsyanks

Latest posts