OMG we looked like crap against Tennessee!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawks looked sloppy. Against a crap Titans team! And last week we lost to the Colts. And the week before that we barely beat Houston. It's a miracle we didn't just go 0-3. This team doesn't look anything like they did the second half of last year. The offense is no where near as good.

Oh wait, same week, wrong season.

Nevermind.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Last year's team went 19-0 and beat everyone 50-0. At least that's the way everyone on this board talks about them.

seabowl

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":fr3vnc7t said:
Hawks looked sloppy. Against a crap Titans team! And last week we lost to the Colts. And the week before that we barely beat Houston. It's a miracle we didn't just go 0-3. This team doesn't look anything like they did the second half of last year. The offense is no where near as good.

Nevermind.

If you think that last years team and this team are the same, you ain't watching the games. In our 2 losses this year we were absolutely manhandled. There's one thing to keep it close and another to be lucky it wasn't worse. The whole "it was hot" excuse vs the Chargers is ridiculous. Guess what folks, the Chargers played in the SAME heat. Last week we could not stop them and if it were not for a couple of bonehead plays by the Cowgirls (punt returner fumble and Romo bad snap fumble) it would have been even worse. Did we have a chance to win both, yes but were were lucky to be in those situations. I'm not saying we can't turn this around but from what I've seen so far it's going to be an uphill battle with all the personnel losses in the offseason and now injuries.

Through 5 weeks, this is not the same team as last year.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
seabowl":169mpq7w said:
SalishHawkFan":169mpq7w said:

Nevermind.

If you think that last years team and this team are the same, you ain't watching the games. In our 2 losses this year we were absolutely manhandled. There's one thing to keep it close and another to be lucky it wasn't worse. The whole "it was hot" excuse vs the Chargers is ridiculous. Guess what folks, the Chargers played in the SAME heat. Last week we could not stop them and if it were not for a couple of bonehead plays by the Cowgirls (punt returner fumble and Romo bad snap fumble) it would have been even worse. Did we have a chance to win both, yes but were were lucky to be in those situations. I'm not saying we can't turn this around but from what I've seen so far it's going to be an uphill battle with all the personnel losses in the offseason and now injuries.

You do know last year we were a Sherman pick 6 away from being 3-2 as well right? The team played like crap vs Houston. We gave up 506!!! Yds to a Matt Schaub led offense and to a 2-14 team. Even though we won we were outgained by over 200 yds on offense. Color me not worried.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
My point being that through five weeks last year, we were not the same team as the year before either.

Which makes your point, well, what's your point ACTUALLY?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This time last year the defense looked a lot better though. I think we had like 3 times more takeaways and we were not concerned with the defense's ability to get off the field. We were only concerned with the Offense's ability to score points and it was easy to point fingers at O Line health and Percy and Sidney both being out and trying to figure out who were our main offensive weapons.

Like Angry Doug Baldwin said let's not f'n BS ourselves. There are problems and they need to be addressed.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2qezgswe said:
seabowl":2qezgswe said:
SalishHawkFan":2qezgswe said:

Nevermind.

You do know last year we were a Sherman pick 6 away from being 3-2 as well right? The team played like crap vs Houston. We gave up 506!!! Yds to a Matt Schaub led offense and to a 2-14 team. Even though we won we were outgained by over 200 yds on offense. Color me not worried.

To be fair, Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman did eat Houston's heart in that game. They lost Cushman in that game and never looked right after that.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
You guys and these threads.

Different year same ole people trying to tell other people that they themselves are the voice of reason. Predictable.

A

Anonymous

Tech Worlds":1gzhytck said:

Different year same ole people trying to tell other people that they themselves are the voice of reason. Predictable.

Let me guess Dom; you have a hull breach and need to dry-dock to repair it. Your bilge pumps are working overtime and this morning you had to jump the boat because shore power blew a fuse?

Besides that, you stopped by Starbucks (which you rarely do) on the way in and the latte you bought got set aside during the debacle and now it's cold with no microwave?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
At this time last year, we had faced the murderers row of Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Chad Henne, Matt Schaub, Andrew Luck, and the mighty Ryan Fitzpatrick and their offensive juggernaut teams.

I am guessing this contributed, in a not insignificant way, to defensive stats that looked much better than this year when we faced Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Kirk Cousins, and Romo, the best three of which have thrown a combined 6 interceptions this year.

Yes we should have had more interceptions against the other two, in more ways than one. They were there, we just dropped them. Better hands against the Cowboys and the Indians and our defense is looking much more like it did a year ago.

The two things I am worried about with our defense this year, hands and injuries. There have been some blown coverages and schemes. Not worried. Those things happen this time of year as the kinks get worked out, the backups get real reps, and the team figures out how to play as a team. On defense, we aren't that much worse than this time last year.

- bsd

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
As long as we won the game, we played perfectly, and there's no room for improvement. True story!

:thirishdrinkers:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":u9gicsvs said:
Tech Worlds":u9gicsvs said:

Let me guess Dom; you have a hull breach and need to dry-dock to repair it. Your bilge pumps are working overtime and this morning you had to jump the boat because shore power blew a fuse?

Besides that, you stopped by Starbucks (which you rarely do) on the way in and the latte you bought got set aside during the debacle and now it's cold with no microwave?
I never spend my money at Starbucks.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
For comparison, through the first 7 weeks of last season the INT totals for opposing QBs looked like this

Newton 5
Kaep 5
Henne 5
Schaub 9
Luck 3
Fitzpatrick 4 (in 3 games)

Compared to this years INT totals by opposing QB's

Rodgers 1
Rivers 2
Manning 3
Cousins 8
Romo 5

A combined 31 INTs at week 7 for last seasons opposing QB's compared to 19 combined INTs this year (granted we had a bye week in there this year).

We have faced a very different set of QB's this year

Just for comparisons sake, the INT stats in the first 7 weeks of last season for the QB's we have faced this year

Rodgers 4
Rivers 5
Manning 3
Cousins n/a
Romo 5

- bsd

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1g84i7or said:
As long as we won the game, we played perfectly, and there's no room for improvement. True story!

I think the uproar after the Washington game would argue against this.

- bsd

pehawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":gm07vdv0 said:

Like the spirit of the post, not the execution.

Nothing relegates a post to bickering quicker than the "I'm the authoritative voice of reason guy here, dangit!". It's corny and intellectually dishonest to the spirit of this community.

My personal favorites, from this week have been;

1 ) "Who would you replace (pronoun) with?" - Love it. Love all of it. Not only is it a strawman (in most circumstances) because no one's actually discussing firings, but it's just horrific logic. If that logic was adhered to, we'd still have had Hass slinging his INT's in 2011 and may still have Holmgren pacing the sidelines.

2 ) "It's what he was suppose to do, Dallas put 9 in the box" - That's a great one. The tone is usually "umm, you guys don't really see the game like me, rubes, I understand the X's and O's". Nevermind the fact every team has been putting 8 or 9 in the box vs the Seahawks since, oh, 2010 or so.

3 ) This very thread (not picking on anyone or you, Salish). Trying to come in and speak since to all us "reactionary" types. I'm not sure what conversation its trying to start other than "oh, you're right, we can only speak in terms of hindsight. no point in even discussing anything then"

All that being said, anyone of you is welcome to crash on my kitchen floor tonight. I usually make pancakes on Saturday AM's and watch the directors cut of "Chairman of the Board" starring Carrot Top. Good times, good times.

Regards,

Michael Frier's Clean Shoes

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":yczda30t said:

Oh wait, same week, wrong season..

The difference is we won a couple of those close games, and now we haven't been as good winning the tight games this year.

That's the NFL. I think the disappoint lies in that a lot of people didn't think we'd have the same shaky and sloppy play in the first half of the season due to an improved offense and not missing a beat on defense.

But that hasn't happened, for a lot of reasons.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So wait... we suck? or we're still good?

I think we need 6 or 7 more threads on the subject

Latest posts