RB Christine Michael
C Max Unger
T Andrew McDonald
WR Kevin Norwood
TE Zach Miller

This week we already have been told that we have 2 out

TE Zach Miller
LB Bobby Wagner

This leaves 5 left to make inactive. Let's assume reports are true that the foot injury for Marsh is a broken foot, putting him out as well

DE Cassius Marsh

This leaves us with 4 to put on the inactive list.

I think it's safe to assume Unger is out, and as of now, until I hear differently I'm assuming that Maxwell misses at least this one week.

CB Byron Maxwell
C Max Unger

This leaves us two players to add to the list. Currently we have 2 players with huge question marks that haven't been answered as far as the injury list is concerned and that is Jordan Hill and Luke Willson. If neither play, then the list is full. If both play, then two guys sit out. Since a lot of out dinged up players are on defense, you can likely expect that the recently re-signed Scruggs won't be on the inactive list. I believe Richardson is ahead of Norwood, and will be active over him. I still think we'll likely see Norwood and Michael inactive if both Hill and Willson play. If one of them is playing, and they need to choose to activate either Michael or Norwood it will be interesting to see which one

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I would think it would be Michael. I cannot believe that this guy can't get the nod over Turbin. A Michael-Lynch combo is intoxicating. Michael can also catch the ball out of the backfield. This is so frustrating!! :evil:

Basis4day

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1otzahr0 said:
I would think it would be Michael. I cannot believe that this guy can't get the nod over Turbin. A Michael-Lynch combo is intoxicating. Michael can also catch the ball out of the backfield. This is so frustrating!! :evil:

They like Turbin's blocking more.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Basis4day":176ec1z3 said:
seahawk12thman":176ec1z3 said:

Did they watch the tape of him blocking TJ Ward? He pulled an el matador.

Basis4day

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2h524vgz said:
Basis4day":2h524vgz said:
seahawk12thman":2h524vgz said:

Did they watch the tape of him blocking TJ Ward? He pulled an el matador.

You're right. They probably forget to watch the tape. :sarcasm_off: They don't make decisions like that based on one play. Also depends on if the correct assignment was called.

Kidhawk,

Looks like you're predictions are likely correct. If Simon can play and Maxwell is iffy i doubt they push it against the Rams and activate Maxwell.

Richardson has gotten the nod over Norwood thus far. I think they go heavy at O-Line and keep McDonald active and Scruggs for Marsh.

I almost want Willson and Hill inactive to force them to activate Michael and/or Norwood. The coaches would then need to be asked why Michael doesn't get carries as they had no problem having a 6 man WR rotation and Lynch needs to be spelled even if he does get his 20ish carries.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":imlxtw7n said:
I'm gonna way out on a limb here..................Michael will be inactive. :sarcasm_off:

:shock: Not even Nostradamus could Nostradamus that hard!

Tumblr mc4m1azMpM1qlyh48

Jville

Reaction score
Now that Eric Pinkins has been activated as a CB, there are at this moment 54 listed on the active roster. So, someone will need to come off the active list within 24hrs. I'm guessing someone is headed to the injured reserve list.

Project defensive back Steven Terrell has reappeared on the practice squad list ...... as expected.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jville":2bghiaof said:
Now that Eric Pinkins has been activated as a CB, there are at this moment 54 listed on the active roster. So, someone will need to come off the active list within 24hrs. I'm guessing someone is headed to the injured reserve list.

Project defensive back Steven Terrell has reappeared on the practice squad list ...... as expected.

I believe that Pinkins is able to practice with the team but we have a roster exemption for a few weeks to decide if we want to actually play him or not. This would mean that he is automatically inactive until the team makes a decision one way or the other. We can do that sooner, but there is a deadline that they must activate him or shut him down for the season and that is a few weeks away. I'm hoping Pete will cover this and a few of the injury issues in his presser today. Should be around 1:30 Seattle time.

pehawk

Reaction score
This is a great thread, btw. We're really getting three-knuckles deep into nerdy hypotheticals.

My gut is telling me we'll have a "surprise" active for the game. I'm going Norwood is active. And no Basis, I have no idea who's out in place of Norwood.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":2w2x3k81 said:
Jville":2w2x3k81 said:

I believe that Pinkins is able to practice with the team but we have a roster exemption for a few weeks to decide if we want to actually play him or not. This would mean that he is automatically inactive until the team makes a decision one way or the other. We can do that sooner, but there is a deadline that they must activate him or shut him down for the season and that is a few weeks away. I'm hoping Pete will cover this and a few of the injury issues in his presser today. Should be around 1:30 Seattle time.

That is generally correct on how someone comes of PUP or NFI after the 6 weeks. There is a window where he can practice but not count against the 53. He's listed on the active roster, but not as activated on the transaction page right now. To be fully activated or play they would need a roster move.

Largent80

Reaction score
This is a tough call, especially with the many question marks on both sides of the ball.

Whomever is active, I hope they get in the game and make some Hay, ya know what I say?

XOXO

Fred Dryer

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":1o20re5s said:
This is a great thread, btw. We're really getting three-knuckles deep into nerdy hypotheticals.

My gut is telling me we'll have a "surprise" active for the game. I'm going Norwood is active. And no Basis, I have no idea who's out in place of Norwood.

I doubt he'd get the nod over Richardson only because that is the pattern. But your opinion is your own.

I'll go with:

Unger
Miller
Wagner
Marsh
Norwood
Willson
Michael

pehawk

Reaction score
Didn't Willson annihilate a projected injury window last year? Didn't he not miss a game after a high ankle sprain, or something (I could look it up, I guess, but there's no skill in that)?

I think Willson will find a way.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":30d0t89z said:
Didn't Willson annihilate a projected injury window last year? Didn't he not miss a game after a high ankle sprain, or something (I could look it up, I guess, but there's no skill in that)?

I think Willson will find a way.

He was carted off with an ankle injury in week 17 against the rams, but returned against the Saints in the playoffs. He had two weeks though due to the first round bye.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Willson is going to be a gametime decision per the presser just now.

Hill and Maxwell have both been ruled out. So, if everything else stays true from above, there will be one healthy scratch and that would be Michael, unless Willson can't go.

Largent80

Reaction score
Actually, I hope the scenario we talked about in another thread happens and that is to let Gilliam play at T.E. and also Bailey at the same time. Can you imagine the blocking for Beast with 7 OL !!!!!!

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
With Marsh going to IR today, the door is now open again for Michael to be inactive. What will it say about our beloved backup RB if he's the only healthy scratch?

If the Hawks trading for Harvin is a 10/10 on the mistake scale, what is drafting Michael & not having him active? 7/10?

Jville

Reaction score
Looking forward to the 2014 season debut of Gregg Scruggs .... unleash the big dog!