Looks like Simon will start

pehawk

Reaction score
Of course there's been no confirmation, but, I'd assume Burley goes inside and Simon starts in Maxwell's place. I'm pretty damn stoked for that. I really, really, like what Simon can bring. And love the fact he's getting some seasoning vs the Rams and Panthers and NOT against the Eagles and 49ers.

I'm projecting a bit, but, just imagine that secondary 4 weeks from now with; Lane, Simon, Maxwell, Sherman and Burley. The Hawks will be able to put a CB on a TE (Simon or Maxwell) if they ever needed too.

Sucks its coming at the expense of a grinder like Maxwell, but I'm really excited to see Simon. How perfect is it for him to start vs the Rams, which will eventually become a street fight? Nice!

Yes, this is rambling nonsense and keyboard diarrhea. But, I'm genuinely stoked to see this dude play.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I am too. He seems to have the Physicality of a Brandon Browner with more ball skill. Hopefully they don't share the same brain.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete specifically avoided answering when asked if Simon or Burley would get the start in which position. He did say they would both play. I'm with PE in hoping that it's Simon outside. I want to see what he can do in a real game.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":oa354nu5 said:
Pete specifically avoided answering when asked if Simon or Burley would get the start in which position. He did say they would both play. I'm with PE in hoping that it's Simon outside. I want to see what he can do in a real game.

Ha, yeah, I think Pete likes to embody Belichick whenever the moment's right. At least that's my interpretation. I'd bet good money Simon's outside.

SImon seems a bit chippy too. A good fit for this Sunday. Love it.

suppaball

Reaction score
Simon reminds me of a browner for sure he may just be what we need to spark some attitude on D

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
The sportsradio hack in me want's to spew that Maxwell wont get his job back.

jblaze

Reaction score
Simon will be outside. Why would you put the 5'10" burley on the outside. He's perfect for the slot.

Simon is 6'3" and embodies more of what PC looks for in an outside corner. Put a 6'3" CB in the slot and you're getting toasted all day.

Simon on the outside for sure.

I will be watching for him and Scruggs to show up. We need some role players to start making plays.

kearly

Reaction score
As long as they don't allow St. Louis to dictate the matchups (Quick on Burley), then I'm fine with whatever arrangement Pete chooses.

firebee

Reaction score
jblaze":3plg5ktq said:
Simon will be outside. Why would you put the 5'10" burley on the outside. He's perfect for the slot.

Simon is 6'3" and embodies more of what PC looks for in an outside corner. Put a 6'3" CB in the slot and you're getting toasted all day.

Simon on the outside for sure.

I will be watching for him and Scruggs to show up. We need some role players to start making plays.

I actually have high hopes for Cassius Marsh to turn the corner and start making a big impact on games the 2nd half of the season. He's been just a step off in the early going this season, but he's right there.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Will be interesting...

Only thing I remember Simon doing on the field was getting in a fight and getting thrown out of a PS game. That's not a lot of data to pin hopes on.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Is Simon healthy enough to start ?

Typically, Pete likes to ease guys in, especially guys that haven't played football all year long.

I will agree, getting significant playing time against the Rams' Wrs and Austin Davis throwing the football is a great place to kick off the training wheels.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":38nmnwse said:
Will be interesting...

Only thing I remember Simon doing on the field was getting in a fight and getting thrown out of a PS game. That's not a lot of data to pin hopes on.

I thought Simon also had a pick that was a pick-6 that got called back, possibly in that same PS game.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Simon got ejected in the Broncos preseason game, got the pick 6 (NFL said they made the mistake on the call and had it called back) in the Chargers preseason game. He has looked good when he had those chances hopefully they translate into tomorrow's game.

mikeak

Reaction score
I loved his tape. Awesome skill at turning his head and locating the ball while staying glued to the receiver. I am excited to see him for real

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I agree I also like the way he tackles, i mean he really goes at em. Physical like Browner and as intelligent as Sherman, we might have another diamond in the rough CB, if he plays well, he will take Maxwell's job.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Burley outside in the base...Simon on the outside in the nickel. Thats what I read somewhere anyways