Goin back to our roots. Welcome back to smash mouth Seahawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Except for the fact defenses will be stacking the box. I'm sure Lynch wasn't thrilled about today's trade (nor Russell) at least from a pure football perspective.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Aros":t693r6q2 said:
Except for the fact defenses will be stacking the box. I'm sure Lynch wasn't thrilled about today's trade (nor Russell) at least from a pure football perspective.

Percy does nothing to get them out if stacking the box. If anything he has them creeping closer to defens all the screens. How often has he caught a ball more then 5 yards past the line if scrimmage?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Well we better be good in the run game now because we've got arguably the worst WR corps in the NFL now. Yikes

jkitsune

Reaction score
I honestly think that us without Percy will be better than what we were last week.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Aros":34fmg6xa said:

Did you hate last year? Run the damn ball, thats what this team is built to do.

Largent80

Reaction score
We'll see what happens however I feel this is the result of last Sunday.

If Michael is activated I sure in the bloody hell hope they let him run.

firebee

Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better. I was thinking after the last game that JS and PC needed to trade someone away that shocks the players on our team and tells them nobody is safe. They needed to trade away someone that represented the cutesy gimmicky crap we've been seeing from our offense the last couple of weeks. Not only did they trade someone away, but they traded away the exact player I thought they should trade away. Harvin was a representation of the cutesy gimmick playcalling we've been seeing, he's a soft player that's injured all the time and he wasn't a fit for this team. It's almost like PC and JS pulled a Billy Beane with Bevell in Money Ball... Oh don't want to run our style of offense because you have this guy that you can do a bunch of cutesy plays with... Boom!! Traded.

Now maybe we'll get back to playing smashmouth football and executing solid plays with discipline, instead of relying on cutesy gimmick plays that are poorly executed without any discipline.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Anthony!":1rx90w1v said:
Norwood and Richardson time, Norwood the big WR we need.

Yeah I am excited to see those 2. Time to let Richardson take off the training wheels and see what he can do to stretch the field. Then let Norwood roam the 7–10 yard range. Could be a good combo.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Seems to me that Richardson and Percy are very similar types of players. Not sure why Bevell would use him any differently than he used Percy, assuming it was purely his football sense dictating those decisions.

Anthony!

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1ofaqq5t said:
Seems to me that Richardson and Percy are very similar types of players. Not sure why Bevell would use him any differently than he used Percy, assuming it was purely his football sense dictating those decisions.

Richardson is more of a true Wr then Harvin was

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Anthony!":2ik6q6a6 said:
CodeWarrior":2ik6q6a6 said:

Richardson is more of a true Wr then Harvin was

I hope you're right!

kmedic

Reaction score
Does trading Percy release of his cap hit for next year? That's a lot of money freed up now to get a difference maker. Who are the big FA WRs out there who would fit in to our style? I think in the long run we are all gonna look back at this and marvel what balls it took by the organization to admit a mistake and move on for the good of the team. Love it.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":ycpzzh9s said:

It seems to me that when you have a guy like percy you might be inclined to force the ball to him given his price tag. You start getting predictable. I don't think that would be the case with Richardson.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2t72hp2a said:
Smash mouth, Beast Mode, physicality. Time to get back to it. No more cuteness.

Where you been?

Word bro, word, smash mouth football!

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3sqy4c10 said:
Aros":3sqy4c10 said:

Percy does nothing to get them out if stacking the box. If anything he has them creeping closer to defens all the screens. How often has he caught a ball more then 5 yards past the line if scrimmage?

I agree, he did not scare the Cowboys one bit and did nothing at all, he has not done much this year but one TD that should have never been.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
bigtrain21":24l66zny said:
CodeWarrior":24l66zny said:

It seems to me that when you have a guy like percy you might be inclined to force the ball to him given his price tag. You start getting predictable. I don't think that would be the case with Richardson.

That's a good point, even if it seems antithetical to Pete's coaching philosophy. Now make it so!

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Having a cancer on the team can retard the development of young receivers as well.

CHawK247

Reaction score
firebee":3e0fsr8t said:
Couldn't have said it better. I was thinking after the last game that JS and PC needed to trade someone away that shocks the players on our team and tells them nobody is safe. They needed to trade away someone that represented the cutesy gimmicky crap we've been seeing from our offense the last couple of weeks. Not only did they trade someone away, but they traded away the exact player I thought they should trade away. Harvin was a representation of the cutesy gimmick playcalling we've been seeing, he's a soft player that's injured all the time and he wasn't a fit for this team. It's almost like PC and JS pulled a Billy Beane with Bevell in Money Ball... Oh don't want to run our style of offense because you have this guy that you can do a bunch of cutesy plays with... Boom!! Traded.

Now maybe we'll get back to playing smashmouth football and executing solid plays with discipline, instead of relying on cutesy gimmick plays that are poorly executed without any discipline.

Really? Percy is a PLAYER, we tell him to run a sweep..guess what he has to do? The cute stuff is all on Bevell.

And calling Percy soft is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Dude runs harder than most runningbacks. Why is it lesser WRs like Keenan Allen, TY Hilton can rip our DBs with flag routes and double moves. But we can't use Percy who is far more gifted than them the same way?

That 50 yard bomb that got called back in Washington was the ONLY time we sent Percy Deep...lol unreal.