Good Organizations know when to cut bait

gowazzu02

Reaction score
All of you who are calling the trade of harvin a fail......sure in some way...but we ALSO have a Ring last year, due in some part to his performance in the superbowl...... not ideal,,, but now we save 11 mill next year.

we also drafted two WRs

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Good organizations make the tough call when they have to, and if there was ANY hint this past offseason that today's events were going to happen, Percy should have been cut or traded this summer so that Tate could be re-signed.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Yeah, credit where credit's due, it would have been really easy to keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Still a bummer.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
if this lets us get back to our roots. Pound the damn rock, play action off of that.

Then maybe were able to resign bobby and kj,,,maybe we keep the beast around another year......

For our run first option, im not opposed to Not having a WR make 11 mill

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I will give them credit for realizing their mistake. They realized it too late but they realized it non the less.

It's like getting a divorce from that chick you should have never married in the first place.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Yep!!!

Cut the cancer out quick and clean, to many ego maniacs insist on trying to prove their move right and end up running a franchise into the ground and eventually loose their job.

GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
And at the end of the day.........We still got a ring! He had a great game in the superbowl........ Cut bait.... HOPE richardson and norwood can play ,.,,, Run the ball

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I will also add this:

How many NFL teams would trade a SUPER BOWL TITLE for the money and draft picks invested in PH?

Answer, EVERY last one of them.

Cancer is cancer, cut it out or it spreads, sometimes very fast.

If we win the next seven in a row, nobody will care.

GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
12HawkFan":25lkjt3z said:
I will also add this:

How many NFL teams would trade a SUPER BOWL TITLE for the money and draft picks invested in PH?

Answer, EVERY last one of them.

Cancer is cancer, cut it out or it spreads, sometimes very fast.

If we win the next seven in a row, nobody will care.

GO HAWKS!!!

Bingo..... bingo bango...... If this season does have more hiccups.... we still got that ring!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Not going pat P&J on the back for this one. Sorry, not happening. They won last year without PH, he's been an enormous waste.

Mick063

Reaction score
I don't think the kid was a cancer and I sort of dislike such talk. You can be sure that you will never hear one bad word about Percy from Pete Carroll.

They have Richardson on a rookie contract who is quicker and needs a shot to show what he can do. They need Wagner, Wright, and possibly Okung (whenever healthy) more than they need Harvin.

It just makes sense from an accounting standpoint. Harvin would be a great fit at 6 mil per if Richardson wasn't around. He is a terrible fit at 10 mil per with Richardson around. Bad fit = too expensive. It doesn't mean cancer. It means they want to keep some other players that would otherwise be in jeopardy.

hawk45

Reaction score
Cutting bait when it so obviously highlights mind blowing failure is to be commended, no snark whatsoever.
The initial failure has shaken my confidence though. This is how your depth drops through the floor: wipe your hiney with 3 draft picks then light them on fire.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
doesn't have to be a cancer per sey.... he's the what 3rd highest paid player on the team. The offense is struggling trying to get him the ball. He's not a great route runner........... cut bait, get back to seahawks football.

shefty was on espn radio said based on his production could be a 2 or as low as a 4.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2o1xr9ww said:
Not going pat P&J on the back for this one. Sorry, not happening. They won last year without PH, he's been an enormous waste.
It was all P. J had nothing to do with this except negotiation.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I get the cut bait part but for a conditional pick? I would have thought we could have traded him to a team for a starter we could use right now! We might have gotten a dang good OL or a TE from some one?

12HawkFan

Reaction score
It's also being reported that PH was on the trade blocks for a while, issues of some sort.

I trust Pete & John to realize when you have pasted a point of no return headache and issue wise, and I think it's now clear that point had come and gone already.

GO HAWKS!!!

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
The national media bias is too obvious.

Seahawks admit to terrible mistake, free cap space, and rids themselves of cancer.

Jets now have weapon to go deep in playoffs with explosiveness with an element they do not have.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is brutal.

Maybe it is just not the year. A lot of guys are hurt and now the passing game scares nobody.

At least if Kam got his surgery he could come back next year strong. Clearly he isn't right this year and it is killing our D too.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38zup5e6 said:
Um, the Jets are 1-5

you might be on to something here. I was upset that we didn't get enough for the move but maybe the reason he was sent to the Jets is simply because Harvin will be very very very unhappy there. Maybe they were so fed up with him that they shipped him to the worst place they could find.