Is Doug Baldwin becoming the leader?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
After his outburst after the game and during the game with RW and with the departure of PH, do you see Dougie Fresh taking the reigns?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I don't know if he strikes me as the leader type, so much as the "this is what's wrong, so you better fix it" type.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think he already was the vocal and emotional leader of the WR corps. I don't see him all of a sudden playing like a bon-a-fide #1 WR now, because he is not a #1 WR.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1veftqyo said:
I don't know if he strikes me as the leader type, so much as the "this is what's wrong, so you better fix it" type.

Yea I agree. Sorry Baldwin fans, I like him I just, meh...

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":sg0w2bp8 said:
I think he already was the vocal and emotional leader of the WR corps. I don't see him all of a sudden playing like a bon-a-fide #1 WR now, because he is not a #1 WR.

Then who? Doug is as much a #1 as we have on the roster. He may not be a Brandon Marshall or Megatron but he is ours and he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. I dig that about him.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3t9czoff said:
Missing_Clink":3t9czoff said:

Then who? Doug is as much a #1 as we have on the roster. He may not be a Brandon Marshall or Megatron but he is ours and he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. I dig that about him.

Then who? Probably no one. That type of player is not on the roster. I like those things about Doug too. He's a great guy to have as a #2 or 3. We don't have a #1 so we'll see what happens in the pass game going forward.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2v1yyhx0 said:
Evil_Shenanigans":2v1yyhx0 said:
Missing_Clink":2v1yyhx0 said:

Then who? Probably no one. That type of player is not on the roster. I like those things about Doug too. He's a great guy to have as a #2 or 3. We don't have a #1 so we'll see what happens in the pass game going forward.

even with Harvin we did not have a #1. Harvin is not a #1 wr he is more of a RB. One of the reason I keep saying imagine Wilson with a legit #1 like say De3z and an o-line that is top 12 in pass blocking like most of the other top QB have.

firebee

Reaction score
I don't think you have to be a bonafide #1 WR to be the leader of a receiving corp. Bobby Engram was the leader for our receiving corp back when we had D-Jack and K-Rob, and he was not our #1 WR. Doug Baldwin is the leader of our receiving corp. He sets the tone for what's expected out of our receivers. He practices hard, he's reliable on his routes, he has reliable hands, he's physical and he's disciplined. Wes Welker was a leader for the Patriots receivers, but he was not a #1 WR. He was a slot guy. I don't think you have to be a #1 WR to be a leader for the receivers on offense.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Baldwin's production for us has mostly come in the slot where he finds holes in zone coverage or gets leverage on slants. I like Baldwin too, but you'll have to show me where he has produced on the outside before I start buying him as our #1. And yes, we didn't really use Harvin as a #1 either.

sutz

Reaction score
The whole "#1 WR" line of thought strikes me as FF BS. I'm sorry, I know I harp on this a bit, but this team doesn't NEED a "#1 WR" as seems to be described by posters around here and the league.

We run the ball. When we throw, the catch and YAC is more important than flashy "he can make a TD on any play" style. Give me a "possession" WR that can move the sticks, and I'm happy. Hell, that was Steve Largent's game and he had a fantastic career. In so many ways, the current Seahawks are a throwback to that era, where a WR's hands are far more important than his feet. You get limited attempts so you'd better make the catch.

I know nothing about any behind the scenes problems other than some recent rumors starting to float about, but it seems clear to me that Percy was an on-field distraction, taking plays away from the true stalwarts of our offense, without any production to speak of.

If any WR has earned "leader" status on this team, Doug has.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think this dude is about to play with huge chip and do some amazing things the rest of this season.

kearly

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1bz5ewgr said:

Said it better than I would have with 10% of the typing.

Also agree with DavidSeven and others that Baldwin is going to come alive production-wise. Starting in this very next game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":rbvl4obn said:
This.

He plays the I been dissed card too much to be a leader imo

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3gxzuhxm said:
Doug Baldwin hasn't done shit this year.

Maybe that's because Harvin was gaggling up the mojo. I guess we'll see if DB is worth his contract over the next few weeks.

OrFan

Reaction score
sutz":27jzjfnt said:
The whole "#1 WR" line of thought strikes me as FF BS. I'm sorry, I know I harp on this a bit, but this team doesn't NEED a "#1 WR" as seems to be described by posters around here and the league.

We run the ball. When we throw, the catch and YAC is more important than flashy "he can make a TD on any play" style. Give me a "possession" WR that can move the sticks, and I'm happy. Hell, that was Steve Largent's game and he had a fantastic career. In so many ways, the current Seahawks are a throwback to that era, where a WR's hands are far more important than his feet. You get limited attempts so you'd better make the catch.

I know nothing about any behind the scenes problems other than some recent rumors starting to float about, but it seems clear to me that Percy was an on-field distraction, taking plays away from the true stalwarts of our offense, without any production to speak of.

If any WR has earned "leader" status on this team, Doug has.

Well said.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Per Bob Condotta:

One source confirmed a report that Harvin had gotten into an altercation with former Seahawk Golden Tate prior to the Super Bowl that resulted in Tate getting a black eye.

A source also said Harvin had an altercation with Seattle receiver Doug Baldwin in the week leading up to the final preseason game this August at Oakland that resulted in Baldwin getting a cut on his chin and each player being excused from practices that week. Harvin, who did not practice for two days prior to that game, did not make the trip to Oakland for what the team said at the time was “a personal matter.”