Very Frustrating Development -- Losing An Elite Player

chet380

Reaction score
There is nobody on this team, INCLUDING WILSON, who is as "head and shoulders better" than Harvin -- elite players rarely become available and somehow we have allowed this one to get away.

If this happened b/c the OC couldn't develop offensive schemes that didn't exploit Harvin's exceptional skills coherently, then an OC who could do so should have been found -- it's not as if any OC brilliance has been evident this year.

For those poor-mouthing Harvin now that he's gone, let me remind you about his 3 called-backed TD's -- how many other WR's in the whole league could have made those plays? ELITE!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Regardless of whatever else is true, it sucks to watch such a supremely talented player go to another team.

End of story.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
chet380":bh06id8d said:
There is nobody on this team, INCLUDING WILSON, who is as "head and shoulders better" than Harvin -- elite players rarely become available and somehow we have allowed this one to get away.

If this happened b/c the OC couldn't develop offensive schemes that didn't exploit Harvin's exceptional skills coherently, then an OC who could do so should have been found -- it's not as if any OC brilliance has been evident this year.

For those poor-mouthing Harvin now that he's gone, let me remind you about his 3 called-backed TD's -- how many other WR's in the whole league could have made those plays? ELITE!!

One penalty was against him, and who says he gets all three if there were no calls on the plays, he has done jack shit this year but get one TD that should have been called back. We went to the SB without him last year, and really did not need him to win it at all.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
chet380":3hdowjg7 said:

Doesn't matter how good he is if he is poisoning your entire locker room. It's like cutting off a limb to save the body. I think in the long run your team will be better without him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm not so sure Harvin is better than Wilson...if you're talking about athleticism, sure...nobody is more athletic than Percy. But as a complete player, give me RW

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1bhr05n6 said:
This needed another thread?

The thread was started to try to counter the overwhelming negativism that has been generated by totally unsubstantiated rumors and to underscore the fact that Harvin is an exceptional player who we somehow lost.

ensett

Reaction score
I'm not sure Harvin was elite. MAYBE on paper, and maybe in madden. But in reality, no way in hell. Fast feet only get you so far

Hawks46

Reaction score
Look at it this way:

Wilson is a great player than makes other players better.

Harvin didn't make anyone better because of his talent. Not one person. He didn't open up the run game, make opportunities for other WRs, anything.

We're starting to find out it was his attitude. He probably demanded the ball behind the scenes (which he did in Minny), and it made it hard to spread the ball around. Wilson is at his best spreading the ball around, and we saw how well the offense did trying to force touches to Harvin.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hawks46":2bzrw07j said:
Look at it this way:

Wilson is a great player than makes other players better.

Harvin didn't make anyone better because of his talent. Not one person. He didn't open up the run game, make opportunities for other WRs, anything.

We're starting to find out it was his attitude. He probably demanded the ball behind the scenes (which he did in Minny), and it made it hard to spread the ball around. Wilson is at his best spreading the ball around, and we saw how well the offense did trying to force touches to Harvin.
He certainly drew a lot of Green Bay's attention and opened things for others in that game.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Richardson was able to run jet sweeps and has speed....If you think the Jet sweep is what Harvin was earning 13M to do and not actually run routes and get open, your mistaken.....addition by subtraction folks....

hoxrox

Reaction score
Didn't like that we only got a conditional pick for him, but going to have to side with the FO on this one.

His BBL on the Wilson interception could have been the final straw.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I'm guessing if we were all privy to the actual reason JS and PC dumped a guy with elite talent after 2.5 games last year and 5 regular season games this year for a conditional pick, at the price tag that came with it, we wouldn't be to upset about the deal.

It's a shame it didn't work out, but at least it shows that it doesn't matter who you are, if your not with the program, your out of the program!

What a huge statement this is, wake up call, whatever you want to call it. Hopefully our boys will go on about a 7 or 8 game terror.