We will be better because of this!

october12thMAN

Reaction score
Nashville via Arlington High school, Arlington, WA
This team has seemed off all season! They haven't had the attitude that they played with last year, nor the physicality. PH contributed probably .3% to the season we had last year. Yes he "can be" an impact player, but how many impact play of his throughout the season got us to the SB or won us the SB? The 2nd have kick-off return is it! And, we still would have won that game!

I understand the frustration with the outcome of the trade in regards to what we gave up to this end result, but honestly, how much of an impact do you think Harvin will have in NY with a new OC and a new system? We have great receivers now, same as last year minus 1, and we have two potentially great rookies who already KNOW OUR OFFENSE! Getting them up to game speed will be the only issue. However, Harvin in NY will most likely end similarly to how it did here, probably worse. He won't pick up the offense that quickly, thus lessening his impact greatly, and bringing his attitude to the forefront, yet again.

If the "rumors" are true, and he was the cancer that he's purported to be, I give this organization a ton of credit for swallowing their pride, realizing their mistake, and doing what is best for the team, regardless of timing or fan/public opinion. We had a definitive identity last year, damn, the last two to 3 years to be honest. That was gone this year, and even before this new broke, you could not convince me that it was exclusively due to the loss of BB, Clem, Red and Tate! It was more than that, way more, but I just couldn't put a finger on it, until today. I, to be honest, welcome the perceived "shove off of our pedestal", get us out of the lime light, let us get back to work as the misfits, the underdog. Let them underestimate the Seahawks and the 12's and see where that gets them!

GO HAWKS!

-On a side note, Did any of you see BB stiff the receiver off the line last night?

raisethe3

Reaction score
Seafan":qfn6x7w4 said:
If this means we can keep KJ, Max and Wags then it will be a GREAT thing.

Pretty much this. Those are key players I was hoping that we can keep when contract looms.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seafan":z1wfff9k said:
If this means we can keep KJ, Max and Wags then it will be a GREAT thing.

Yup, that's how I'm looking at it. I really thought Avril, KJ, and Wagner were going to be goners. Now it's very likely we can find a way to keep them.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta cut a man loose

We will be fine

WHAT'S NEXT
GO HAWKS!!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
In the long run... yes. For now we have yet another gaping hole to cover. You have to worry wheneved you lose a huge talent. With the injuries, talent turnover and schedule this year i think we will be lucky if we get back to the superbowl.

Your starting WR corps are undrafted talents.... Who says Wilson hasn't had to overcome adversity?
With our defense slumping this sets up Wilson for MVP if we win it all this year.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I hope my post doesnt seem like im unconcerned and happy about this. It breaks my heart to hear about how Percy didn't fit here and how he probably gave up so quickly now he's healthy... And for an unconditional pick?

Uhhh.... speechless..

sturg78

Reaction score
Damn right. We were playing cutsie college offense because of our shiny little malcontent. We get to get back to our angry, ugly, bruising, hard nose goodness that took us to paradise last year. Our defense gets rested and invigorated and starts laying the boom. NFL teams weep, earth is moved, all is well.

hawkporvida

Reaction score
I'm glad there was a change ... something needed to be done even though we may not like the results ... but Harvin was not the answer ... Now we can develop our young core of wrs.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We very well might be better because of this.

Doesn't change the fact that we just gave away an exceptionally talented player for peanuts.

sturg78

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":43zw94sf said:
We very well might be better because of this.

Doesn't change the fact that we just gave away an exceptionally talented player for peanuts.
Conditional peanuts*

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We needed this change,it just wasn't working..Our O line is hurt and there isn't enough time to wait for something that may be a problem all year..Russ cannnot just hang in pocket due to this so we have to go back to our basic"feed the Beast" offense..It works and gives us TOP and rest for the defense..I know we will be ok but others will panic of course..We can't do anything fancy when we have a weak line and that will take time to fix,this is why you see top O line guys get drafted so high..Russ can go back to doing what works best Create and run as needed..It can be boring but it wins games..Go Hawks!!!