Hopefully this money can resign Marshawn

mistaowen

Reaction score
First hearing about the trade hurt. I wont deny it. But when I think about it. If this means we can resign Marshawn for an honest contract means we can pound the ball with our best player.

And this is my endorsement of both rookies. Percy sounds like a 'PERSON' who cant buy into a team format. Lets see PRich and Norwood prove why they deserve to be in the NFL. Both were fantastic in college. Big reality check for both of them, let's see what they are made of.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Unsure about resigning Lynch, at his current pay...I'm just hopeful PC and JS don't decide to make Okung the highest paid LT in league history (Sorry, I don't use emoticons).

BUT...the optimistic me saw some good things from Geno Smith last night. Hopefully Harvin becomes his favorite target , racking up both TDs and losses for the Jets.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This money we saved will buy a few players.

I can't see us giving Marshawn more than 5mil/year at this point in his career, with a balky back and turning 30....he won't get more than that anywhere else. Guarantee it, and that figure is pretty accurate.

drdiags

Reaction score
Before talking about resigning Lynch, you have to ask yourself what is the prognosis for his back. It has kept him from starting a game this season and has had him miss games in the past. Tough call for a sentimental favorite.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
We should definitely try to keep Lynch for 2 more years, unless he shows signs of slowing down he should remain the focus of our offense. So far his YPC is up to 4.6 this year... no signs of slowing down yet.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The only reason I can see behind this is the looming contract of Russell Wilson. Percy was not performing as expected, so we move him now when we can get something back rather than cut him in offseason. Now we have cap room to fit RW in without losing more stars.

But the timing can also mean throwing in the towel for this season. There are a few key injuries and the team does not look like a squad in the middle of a championship run. This way we can start building for next year, because Percy obviously was not part of that plan. Look, I am not saying that definitely is the case, but it can be one interpretation. One of many.

Maybe the Rams game proves that to be the wrong interpretation? Lets hope so.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The "savings", if you can call it that, should be applied to resigning Russell, Wagner, and KJ before we throw anymore money at Beast. I don't want another Shaun Alexander deal given to a RB that's approaching 30.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I think this about Wilson, Wagner and Wright's contracts as well as Harvin's diva bullshit/locker room "presence". But I also believe it's about a possible Marshawn extension too IF his back holds up. I'm basing this in part on Aros' insider info on Michael as well as what I expect will be a whole lot more production from Lynch with Harvin now gone and the team getting back to their true identity.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
drdiags":3ajo9zqs said:
Before talking about resigning Lynch, you have to ask yourself what is the prognosis for his back. It has kept him from starting a game this season and has had him miss games in the past. Tough call for a sentimental favorite.
Sounds like Randy Johnson all over again.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hope things like this are just made up gossip as well:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/523492939293818880[/tweet]

Yeah, the whole back issue not being as bad as the team made it out to be is true. Lynch could be good for another 3-4 years or more. That is why they pay to have a top-notch medical staff. But you can bet it would go into any thinking the team has in regards to keeping Lynch around past his current contract.

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
drdiags":1zszmrzv said:
Hope things like this are just made up gossip as well:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/523492939293818880[/tweet]

Lynch could be good for another 3-4 years or more.

Lynch COULD be good for 3-4 more years..... I think that the plan has been all along to let Lynch go after this season, HENCE, no REAL contract restructuring this past offseason.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
There is no issue as it pertains to Marshawn's contract status.

Marshawn is signed through 2015. We wouldn't have to entertain contract discussions until 2016. And at his age, and entering his third contract, there isn't really any reason to entertain extension talks. Extensions are really only done with low value contracts to spread out a huge raise. Lynch is already being paid top 5 money. There is no advantage in spreading out a raise for what would be Lynch's age 30, 31 and 32 seasons.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I agree that Wilson, KJ, Wagner, and Avril will all see contract offers before Lynch does this offseason.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RiverDog":3uvhgj8o said:
The "savings", if you can call it that, should be applied to resigning Russell, Wagner, and KJ before we throw anymore money at Beast. I don't want another Shaun Alexander deal given to a RB that's approaching 30.
Understandable that's why I want to be absolutely sure Micheal is a bust (put him in!!!) because only if he is does it make a lick of sense to even entertain extending Lynch.