Davis Hsu With an Interesting Take on Twitter

pehawk

Reaction score
He's not saying it's true, but he is hypothocizing Wilson may be difficult to deal with in the locker room. That he's had scrapes with ADB, Tate, and now Percy.

His timeline is worth the read, at least, IMO. There's actually decent discussion going on (as opposed to?). Baldwin even jumped in.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Was looking for somewhere to post this, glad you made the thread.

900x900px-LL-7f5469c3_53534.png

A LOT of interesting stuff on his twitter,

https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle

endzorn

Reaction score
I've been saying this for quite some time. Wilson doesn't like you...kick rocks.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Davis lays out some good logic. I don't necessarily agree, but, it's not nonsensical hyperbole.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If you're referring to this...

RW needs to develop his own young WR...always rumors of conflict w Tate, Harvin & obvi him & Doug don't always see eye to eye

Then I didn't read that the same way you did.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scour through his entire timeline, it gets a little tmzish, but it's not nuts.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2jo201u7 said:
If you're referring to this...

RW needs to develop his own young WR...always rumors of conflict w Tate, Harvin & obvi him & Doug don't always see eye to eye

Then I didn't read that the same way you did.

I can't find the tweet anymore, but it wasn't anything crazy. Something along the lines of,

Wilson has had issues with Harvin, Tate & ADB. Common factor: Wilson. They at times don't see eye to eye.

Something like that.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pehawk":1ovixtt1 said:
He's not saying it's true, but he is hypothocizing Wilson may be difficult to deal with in the locker room. That he's had scrapes with ADB, Tate, and now Percy.

His timeline is worth the read, at least, IMO. There's actually decent discussion going on (as opposed to?). Baldwin even jumped in.

Wilson may be in the middle of tiffs due to his role on the team, but if we are going to contemplate who is more likely to be blamed if a scuffle breaks out between RW and ADB, my money is on angry man.

Although I would imagine RW's choir boy/over the top working persona may irritate a few teammates secretly.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Unless anybody here has a personal relationship with Russ, I honestly don't understand why they pretend to know what is accurate and what isn't. Hsu isn't saying anything definitively, simply stating what he heard directly from ADB.

He (Russ) could be a phony... Or not. As long as he keeps his nose clean and wins ball games, I'm fine with it. At the same time, I hope he's a good teammate. I don't know any of the players but I'm fairly certain that each have their flaws.

irocdave

Reaction score
RW hasn't shown a character weakness yet, the others, maybe. Having sex with your friends wife is a character flaw if the rumors are accurate. To determine if PH was justified in giving Tate a shiner and or threatening RW in 2014 would require much more information from Wilson and the coaching staff. Not going to happen. We are left with reading between the lines and assuming what happened. The truth wont come out while RW is playing, at least not all of it.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Seems to me it is impossible to keep all these egos in check. We were the youngest team to win the super bowl and in many ways we are starting to act like it. I am wondering about the hunger of this team and if these distractions are starting to materialize on the field.

Baldwin is tough as nails but seems like a head case.

Tate was immature but reliable from game to game.

Russell Wilson's seems to be a great leader but his personality is so robotic that I wonder if players relate to him? Perhaps he needs to act like a goofball once in a while???

Pete has a real challenge keeping players hungry and focused on their opponents and not on each other, I don't envy the man. Seems to me Pete really dropped the ball not disciplining Harvin for punching Tate last year and I don't care if it was the super bowl. This will reek of a double standard in the locker room and sounds like the other receivers are crying foul ball. The Hawks lacked focus and in spite of their half ass effort, they still almost beat the Cowboys. This Sunday is a real benchmark to the character and the ultimate direction of this team.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
irocdave":3c0d1dt8 said:
RW hasn't shown a character weakness yet, the others, maybe. Having sex with your friends wife is a character flaw if the rumors are accurate. To determine if PH was justified in giving Tate a shiner and or threatening RW in 2014 would require much more information from Wilson and the coaching staff. Not going to happen. We are left with reading between the lines and assuming what happened. The truth wont come out while RW is playing, at least not all of it.

There is never an excuse to hit your teammate. Harvin should have been suspended.

kmedic

Reaction score
A few months ago I had the pleasure of playing a couple of rounds of golf with one of Russell Wilson's cousins, who used to play on the Cowboys himself many years ago. Great guy, very courteous and upstanding individual. We talked about Wilson and his upbringing and the 'choir boy' image and all. He told me straight up that it's all true. Ever since he was a kid the family knew he was special. He said over and over that he deserves everything he's gotten because of the hard work and dedication. It's all legit folks. There's nothing fake about Russell Wilson. It kills me that guys who don't know him personally are simply conjecturing now that Wilson is the issue. Crazy.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
kmedic":1b46ciyd said:
A few months ago I had the pleasure of playing a couple of rounds of golf with one of Russell Wilson's cousins, who used to play on the Cowboys himself many years ago. Great guy, very courteous and upstanding individual. We talked about Wilson and his upbringing and the 'choir boy' image and all. He told me straight up that it's all true. Ever since he was a kid the family knew he was special. He said over and over that he deserves everything he's gotten because of the hard work and dedication. It's all legit folks. There's nothing fake about Russell Wilson. It kills me that guys who don't know him personally are simply conjecturing now that Wilson is the issue. Crazy.

I don't doubt his character at all, I just think if he acted a little silly it might help his image. Russell might intimidate many players because he is so polished, but it is a guess on my part.

drdiags

Reaction score
Eventually having the nation, team and vested NFL hype machine blowing smoke up your butt, I can see where folks would have jealousy regarding the QB. This isn't a problem the longer Wilson is in the league but I am sure there could be some who feel he is the "teacher's pet" (just messing with Hugh Millen).

The WR cannot win in a pissing match or showdown of egos with the QB. These guys don't have to love one another but as long as they are here, there is an expected, enforced pecking order that must exist. You see it all the time where the HC wants his QB to take the leadership role. There is a fine line of how dynamics work, you want the guys going balls out for their leader. You cannot be a pushover, so though emotionally I may want my QB to be cool with his team-mates, they have to know who the boss is.

Tate, Doug and Harvin can come and go. If Wilson is the long-term face of the franchise, the org has to back him and not let this become a TO vs McNabb or Harvin vs Ponder or TO vs Garcia level of dis-respect. Quickest way to kill a team.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Anthony!":2s28yke8 said:
again this is pretty open and shut the all this BS speculation its Rw is nonsense

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/pe ... wks/244660

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/pe ... son/244668

Then add in PC said Harvin was not ready to go in last game in several 4th qtr plays.

We've all seen the tweets and stories. Harvin being difficult doesn't preclude the possibility that Wilson rubs some people the wrong way.

Neither of your links are related to the point that Hsu put out there.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I did see a tweet from Hsu hypothesizing that Wilson's struggles being explained away, blaming WR, OL, OC, etc. Could contribute to some tension, wouldn't surprise me at all if that were the case.
I don't care how "phony" Wilson comes across as being. As a fan, I root for the front of the jersey not the back. And he wins games
I could see why some people would have trouble dealing with him on a daily basis

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think Wilson might be that guy that goes by the book, and that might rub people the wrong way. Hate to say it but he is a brand now, you see him everywhere, but Doug's rant about the whole brand issue and that he won't be fake with it like some people pretty much points to Wilson, that's the rant Davis is talking about. I disagree that Wilson is being fake with it, i think him being a professional 24/7 alludes to Doug thinking he's all about being a perfect image for the NFL, which in a way he has to be, he's building a career for the long haul. I can also see Doug's point of view, he rather be the guy behind the scene doing unplanned things without it having anything to do with selling his brand.

If Russell was faking it for the kids then he wouldn't be going to the Children's hospital every week, without a miss. I would think after 2 years he would say ok I'm gettng tired of faking this, time to make an excuse why I wont' be back, he could have quit when he got divorced. The article that he has a team of entourage with him to help him market himself didn't help either, but this is the life he choose. Just like friends you know that have a certain kink to them, you accept them for who they are, even if they have issues. If anything the NFL needs a role model, football players are all stereotype and they need someone who can give them a better image, enters, Wilson.