Percy trade may be a positive from what I'm hearing

Jbo

Reaction score
Listening to various podcasts on 710 am , it seems as if Percy was a clubhouse cancer, so what I'm thinking is attitude might be the reason for our offensive struggles these past couple of games. What do you guys think?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
i find it odd all these bad things harvin was doing all of a sudden came out minutes after the trade but nothing before???? he is an explosive player that wasnt used right or cant be used in this offence. he seemed to do better in minny. not sure wth happened in seattle. a very talented player but IF the media reports are true it was time to go.i will always remember the kr in the sb for the td which was awesome. i am just hoping one day we will find another largent.....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
to answer the question. the oc calls the plays. the blame still lies on him imo. we still have walters for bubble screen 5 yd losses....will see what happens!

A

Anonymous

Cyrus12":2ab5hwan said:
i find it odd all these bad things harvin was doing all of a sudden came out minutes after the trade but nothing before????

Actually that's a rather innacurate statement. I do remember Vikings fans coming here last season to warn us about his attitude problems. We all didn't want to hear it so I can understand that they weren't taken seriously...but nontheless, we were warned last year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Largefarva":1u0m5l3a said:
Cyrus12":1u0m5l3a said:
i find it odd all these bad things harvin was doing all of a sudden came out minutes after the trade but nothing before????

Actually that's a rather innacurate statement. I do remember Vikings fans coming here last season to warn us about his attitude problems. We all didn't want to hear it so I can understand that they weren't taken seriously...but nontheless, we were warned last year.

There were lots of signs of Percy's attitude problems, even after the trade. Most of us just rationalized them away.

The first was his DUI arrest. A guy with a known drug problem is pulled over and hauled in on suspicion of driving while he was high on a drug that is banned by the league on a morning he was due in for a team meeting, and all people could talk about was that he was ONLY arrested and not charged, as if that made it OK. Hell, there were posters that didn't know the difference between being arrested and being charged.

Next was his refusal to heed to team doctor's advice about his hip and to go ask a surgeon for his opinion. Of course, a surgeon is going to recommend surgery. That's what they do. I'll admit that this red flag is much smaller than some of the others, but it nevertheless is one of those pieces of the puzzle some of us raised our eyebrows at.

And the biggest red flag of all was his mysterious return from hip surgery back in November through last January. If the scenario of his return from his injury wasn't enough to cause you some concern, nothing else would have done the trick.

Percy is just like Randy Moss. He only plays when he wants to play, and only on his terms, no one else's. Unless the draft pick we get from the Jets turns out to be a Pro Bowler, this trade will go down as the worst in Seahawk history.

Tokadub

Reaction score
What I find surprising from reading some of the other threads here is that apparently Harvin had multiple violent incidents in the past against his coaches or other players?

Like he threatened to hit one coach with a dumbell, and grabbed another by the neck and threw him to the ground?

I NEVER heard about that stuff before and I never saw it in any media stuff I read about Harvin...

If that is really true why did nobody bring this up? That should of been the first topic of conversation when we acquired him, and the coaches are TRULY FOOLISH if they knew about this and still wanted him.

I'm just going to assume Percy Harvin wasn't totally drunk when he was physically assaulting his coaches or teammates, etc...

Being drunk is no good excuse, but crap happens... guys fight sometimes when they are drunk. But if you are attacking people when you are sober...

Being sober and attacking people = Percy Harvin is a real psycho... literally he's insane and dangerous.

Why did we pay 10's of millions of dollars for a violent psychopath? Sigh... what a huge failure by our front office if any of those incidents really did occur. I'm just going off the forum posters comments I haven't looked into any of it officially... I'm done with that fool.

Now all there is to do is watch him put up 100+ yard games for the Jets on a regular basis. I really wouldn't be that suprised if he can somehow stay healthy... our offense is so frustrating for me.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tokadub":3gjob81w said:
What I find surprising from reading some of the other threads here is that apparently Harvin had multiple violent incidents in the past against his coaches or other players?

Like he threatened to hit one coach with a dumbell, and grabbed another by the neck and threw him to the ground?

I NEVER heard about that stuff before and I never saw it in any media stuff I read about Harvin...

If that is really true why did nobody bring this up? That should of been the first topic of conversation when we acquired him, and the coaches are TRULY FOOLISH if they knew about this and still wanted him.

I'm just going to assume Percy Harvin wasn't totally drunk when he was physically assaulting his coaches or teammates, etc...

Being drunk is no good excuse, but crap happens... guys fight sometimes when they are drunk. But if you are attacking people when you are sober...

Being sober and attacking people = Percy Harvin is a real psycho... literally he's insane and dangerous.

Why did we pay 10's of millions of dollars for a violent psychopath? Sigh... what a huge failure by our front office if any of those incidents really did occur. I'm just going off the forum posters comments I haven't looked into any of it officially... I'm done with that fool.

Now all there is to do is watch him put up 100+ yard games for the Jets on a regular basis. I really wouldn't be that suprised if he stays healthy... our offense is so frustrating for me.

If Harvin won't play for a team like ours, a SB champ and a player's coach like Pete Carroll, he's not going to play for a 1-5 team who's coach is almost certainly to be fired. As bad a trade as it was for us to spend a #1, #3, and #7 on Harvin, the Jets decision to trade a #4 for him is almost as bad. I can't envision him doing anything for the Jets other than figuring out how to get as much money out of them as he can while putting out the least amount of effort.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Tokadub":2rcr2dt7 said:

It would be impossible to know what is true, what is partially true, and what is complete BS. This is bad in a politics kind of way.

If Harvin was being a problem the team would probably put up with it to a certain extent because of his talent level and their investment. If Harvin was doing any reasonable percentage of what people blabbing then the team keeping it locked down is impressive.

Obviously it wasn't working out for one or both parties and the team found an out.

RiverDog

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":1v6qn77l said:
We bought Percy to win a Super Bowl. Mission Accomplished. Bye Percy

Except that he didn't win a SB for us. He didn't to jack chit in helping us get to the Super Bowl, and XLIII was so one sided in its result that no single player, whether it be Russell Wilson, one of the LOB's, or Percy was going to change the outcome.

Tokadub

Reaction score
RiverDog":gjc4jw8y said:
If Harvin won't play for a team like ours, a SB champ and a player's coach like Pete Carroll, he's not going to play for a 1-5 team who's coach is almost certainly to be fired. As bad a trade as it was for us to spend a #1, #3, and #7 on Harvin, the Jets decision to trade a #4 for him is almost as bad. I can't envision him doing anything for the Jets other than figuring out how to get as much money out of them as he can while putting out the least amount of effort.

Agreed, if he can't succeed here it's very unlikely he will do it anywhere.

I'm hoping he is a bust for the Jets, but knowing Harvin he's gonna play hard for at least a little while to try to stick it in our face. Similar to how he played just one game the whole regular season for us, which just happened to be against his old team the Vikings... coincidence? I think not :shock:

Tokadub

Reaction score
But to get back on topic, my initial reaction (gut instinct) to this news was that we would actually play better against the Rams without Harvin. I kinda expect the team to rally and maybe regain that chemistry or fire they seem to be lacking so far.

I know that sounds crazy given how talented Harvin is, but I suspected he was causing a lot of problems for our Offense and not really fitting in. So in the long run this could really be good news if Norwood and Richardson play up to their potential.

I still never expected us to trade Harvin, and I would of thought they'd give it a few more games to see if they can finally figure it out with him...

But I trust that trading him was the right move at this point. Just really hoping that our rookies can step up so that we really do improve and our Offense starts clicking.

Something was REALLY wrong with our offense, and it seemed to me it was Harvin even before we made this trade. But on paper we look really thin or lacking talent at WR now, Rookies need to step up big time for this to work.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
We can speculate all day long as to why this happened.

But Pete Carroll has 2 simple rules:

1. Always compete
2. All IN

Pete Carroll will allow you to be who you are. This team is filled with characters - Richard Sherman, Beast mode, ADB, Michael Bennett, etc. But you have to follow PC's principles. His rules. Period.

Something clearly wasn't right and while everyone will go back to his days in MINN and mention specific incidents. To me, that's not the point. PC has a cast of characters here, and people could say, their goes Harvin again, but you're OK so long as you compete and buy into the program.

With his history of taking plays off - a la ex-teammate Randy Moss - his surly attitude - not All In, there is no question that players like Beast Mode and ADB, players who are committed to the program, committed to PC principles , sees a double standard.

Harvin is not all in and that can cause a lot of problems in the locker room. I have seen this before and I'm sure most here have too. Whether it's on a playing field or a board room, I ran into these types of individuals that simply piss people off. This creates a double standard, someone who gets away with it and they let everyone know that.

Harvin is a very talented player, but clearly, he had no idea who he's dealing with. The triangle: Paul Allen-John Schneider-Pete Carroll don't give a shit who you are. How much money you got paid. You are either ALL IN, or you are out.

I'm sure a huge number of players are saying 'bout dam time.

I see a different team because now they don't have to deal with a high maintenance player on the practice field, locker room and on game days.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tokadub":32v9xwqb said:
But to get back on topic, my initial reaction (gut instinct) to this news was that we would actually play better against the Rams without Harvin. I kinda expect the team to rally and maybe regain that chemistry or fire they seem to be lacking so far.

I know that sounds crazy given how talented Harvin is, but I suspected he was causing a lot of problems for our Offense and not really fitting in. So in the long run this could really be good news if Norwood and Richardson play up to their potential.

I still never expected us to trade Harvin, and I would of thought they'd give it a few more games to see if they can finally figure it out with him...

But I trust that trading him was the right move at this point. Just really hoping that our rookies can step up so that we really do improve and our Offense starts clicking.

Something was REALLY wrong with our offense, and it seemed to me it was Harvin even before we made this trade. But on paper we look really thin or lacking talent at WR now, Rookies need to step up big time for this to work.

Good post.

We'll see just how the team reacts to the Harvin trade. It could go exactly as your gut tells you it's going to go, or it could go completely south on us, or somewhere inbetween. Time will tell, starting tomorrow.

If we were going to cut bait, now is the time. Our next 4 opponents have won a grand total of 7 games, and it includes just one divisional opponent. Even if we lose a game or two, there's still plenty of time to get things back on track and make another SB run. No one's going to run away and hide in our division, perhaps not in the entire NFC, either.

And as far as Pete's "Always Compete" and "All In" philosophy, I wish he would have applied that logic prior to the trade. Harvin hasn't been "All In" anywhere before he arrived here, and Pete's thinking that his personality and philosophy can tame a shrew when no one else could shows just how big his ego is. This was something a guy that is supposed to be as in touch and with such superior insight that Pete has should have seen a mile away.

AVL

Reaction score
Some are acting like whiners. No one mentions it was a LATE first round pick. We gave it up this year as well. Maybe some first round picks don't work in this system because they don't think they have to compete. Same with Harvin

Percy was none of that. The same could be said about Lynch in some ways but certainly not locker room, unless it's his absence.

God bless Earl Thomas III.

Can we buy a good left tackle now?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
truehawksfan":td5phksf said:
We can speculate all day long as to why this happened.

But Pete Carroll has 2 simple rules:

1. Always compete
2. All IN

Pete Carroll will allow you to be who you are. This team is filled with characters - Richard Sherman, Beast mode, ADB, Michael Bennett, etc. But you have to follow PC's principles. His rules. Period.

Something clearly wasn't right and while everyone will go back to his days in MINN and mention specific incidents. To me, that's not the point. PC has a cast of characters here, and people could say, their goes Harvin again, but you're OK so long as you compete and buy into the program.

With his history of taking plays off - a la ex-teammate Randy Moss - his surly attitude - not All In, there is no question that players like Beast Mode and ADB, players who are committed to the program, committed to PC principles , sees a double standard.

Harvin is not all in and that can cause a lot of problems in the locker room. I have seen this before and I'm sure most here have too. Whether it's on a playing field or a board room, I ran into these types of individuals that simply piss people off. This creates a double standard, someone who gets away with it and they let everyone know that.

Harvin is a very talented player, but clearly, he had no idea who he's dealing with. The triangle: Paul Allen-John Schneider-Pete Carroll don't give a shit who you are. How much money you got paid. You are either ALL IN, or you are out.

I'm sure a huge number of players are saying 'bout dam time.

I see a different team because now they don't have to deal with a high maintenance player on the practice field, locker room and on game days.
Damned good post and the root of the situation IMO. I said in one or two other threads 'addition by subtraction' for the team and it seems we're in agreement on that.

frosted21

Reaction score
Tokadub":dbggxurl said:

Now all there is to do is watch him put up 100+ yard games for the Jets on a regular basis. I really wouldn't be that suprised if he can somehow stay healthy... our offense is so frustrating for me.

That stuff has been out there, honestly. People just didn't want to hear it, it'll be different in Seattle, strong locker room, winning team, etc. Percy is Percy. Always has been, always will be. Can't say they weren't aware of this stuff when they brought him in.

frosted21

Reaction score
It sounds like Percy thought Russ Wilson was a weenie. So I'd say it was a huge positive getting rid of him. You don't want that kind of attitude growing in the locker room.

bigwrm

Reaction score
With all the mud slinging and locker room stories coming out, I'm amazed we hadn't heard a hint of any of this stuff until now. Compare it to the 49ers, where it seems like there's a new negative story coming out every week. Maybe the Seahawks just have a better relationship with the local media, but they obviously do a better job of keeping things in-house which demonstrates the solidarity of the organization.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
According to the Peter King, Percy was paid 20 million dollars for 258 snaps and according to his agent Percy is "pumped" to be moving on. So almost 77,500 per snap and he couldn't give full effort and was unhappy ?

Latest posts