I guess what ticks me off the most about all this....

akscoundrel

Reaction score
is we didn't get much in return. We'll maximize what we got, but still....

I think bevell dropped the ball big time on this whole situation. That said, I trust in Carroll and Schneider. Knowing how much Carroll liked Harvin, if he felt Harvin needed to go asap, then I can take comfort in that.

What I'm most excited about, is to see Richardson get more reps and opportunity's. Time for him to man up and play with the big boys. I'm not expecting superstar numbers, just want to see him hang and handle his own.

[youtube]KLcPxymyQ-Q[/youtube]

pocketprotector

Reaction score
An early jets second round pick is not that much worse than our late first round pick.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
pocketprotector":2w7oo581 said:
An early jets second round pick is not that much worse than our late first round pick.

Lmao, true and good point, but still. That's only 1 pick. One, second round pick. And last I heard, we're still hoping its even a second round pick.

There are plenty of dumb organizations who we could have raked over the coals on this one.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It opens up playing time for our rookie receivers and gives us more cap room in later years to re-sign guys or get free agents.

endzorn

Reaction score
We got swindled by Minnesota, but when the dust settles I think we'll see that JS got fair value in return. I hope this trade contributes to our team finding the identity they've lost since last season.

Seabean

Reaction score
Put yourself in another gm's shoes. If the second team in two years was looking to unload a disgruntled, but elite playmaker in less than two years (especially coming from a team and coach where supposedly "bad apples" can flourish), would you sell the farm to get him? No way!

Like it or not, there was no way we were going to recuperate a first round pick or, likely, even a second for him (I think we will end up receiving a 3rd or 4th round pick). Not to mention, we seemed to have wanted him gone immediately.

You can certainly argue that the trade for Harvin in the first place largely backfired (and I'd agree with you), but I think you would have a real tough case to make that we could have gotten any more from this current trade (remember Randy Moss going to New England? He was a bit older, but frankly, a far better and multiple system-friendly player).

Hawkpower

Reaction score
akscoundrel":xiyus5if said:

I think bevell dropped the ball big time on this whole situation. That said, I trust in Carroll and Schneider. Knowing how much Carroll liked Harvin, if he felt Harvin needed to go asap, then I can take comfort in that.

What I'm most excited about, is to see Richardson get more reps and opportunity's. Time for him to man up and play with the big boys. I'm not expecting superstar numbers, just want to see him hang and handle his own.

Its all he is worth, otherwise they would have gotten more.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3vjukqfd said:
akscoundrel":3vjukqfd said:

Sure. I'll be sure to remember it was all he was worth when he starts having another MVP season because the oc didn't run a predictable gimmick offense, has him run routes....beyond the los......and has a qb that isn't afraid to make a mistake.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
What ticks me off most about it are all the new threads stating the same stuff that is in the original threads.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
akscoundrel":20ukxxsk said:
Hawkpower":20ukxxsk said:
akscoundrel":20ukxxsk said:

Sure. I'll be sure to remember it was all he was worth when he starts having another MVP season because the oc didn't run a predictable gimmick offense, has him run routes....beyond the los......and has a qb that isn't afraid to make a mistake.

Christ.

Its not all he is worth because of his play, its all he is worth because of his off field question marks/contract/durability concerns.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Bitter":e65zuyve said:
What ticks me off most about it are all the new threads stating the same stuff that is in the original threads.

Problem is, good points often get buried or ignored in other threads.

Its huge franchise news, and is a hot topic. Threads are gonna be created on it. If that bothers you, perhaps you should log off....

JustTheTip

Reaction score
akscoundrel":2ustdqf2 said:
Bitter":2ustdqf2 said:

Problem is, good points often get buried or ignored in other threads.

Its huge franchise news, and is a hot topic. Threads are gonna be created on it. If that bothers you, perhaps you should log off....

Or maybe I prefer being bitter.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1ypl1qtj said:
akscoundrel":1ypl1qtj said:
Hawkpower":1ypl1qtj said:
akscoundrel":1ypl1qtj said:

Christ.

Its not all he is worth because of his play, its all he is worth because of his off field question marks/contract/durability concerns.

Christ.

You seem to be underestimating the stupidity of other GMs in this league. The bottom line is, Percy can ball. Everybody knows that. Plenty of GMs would have no problem taking a chance on a guy that's proven he can ball at the highest level. Plenty of GMs would overlook those....question marks. Look no further than our own gm. Who's probably the best gm at that. What was our gm willing to give up for Harvin?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
We got harvin to win a superbowl.......while he didnt do schit to help us....besides tthe return, which was huge....we won a superbowl so smile!

marko358

Reaction score
akscoundrel":ymorlocf said:
Hawkpower":ymorlocf said:
akscoundrel":ymorlocf said:
Hawkpower":ymorlocf said:
akscoundrel said:

Christ.

Christ.

You seem to be underestimating the stupidity of other GMs in this league. The bottom line is, Percy can ball. Everybody knows that. Plenty of GMs would have no problem taking a chance on a guy that's proven he can ball at the highest level. Plenty of GMs would overlook those....question marks. Look Jo further than our own gm. Who's probably the best gm at that. What did our gm give up?
You seriously think the Jets are the only ones we called?

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
^no, but I also don't think we/they cared to give it any time. More of a statement to gtfo.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Its all he is worth, otherwise they would have gotten more.[/quote]

Sure. I'll be sure to remember it was all he was worth when he starts having another MVP season because the oc didn't run a predictable gimmick offense, has him run routes....beyond the los......and has a qb that isn't afraid to make a mistake.[/quote]

Christ.

Its not all he is worth because of his play, its all he is worth because of his off field question marks/contract/durability concerns.[/quote]

Christ.

You seem to be underestimating the stupidity of other GMs in this league. The bottom line is, Percy can ball. Everybody knows that. Plenty of GMs would have no problem taking a chance on a guy that's proven he can ball at the highest level. Plenty of GMs would overlook those....question marks. Look no further than our own gm. Who's probably the best gm at that. What was our gm willing to give up for Harvin?[/quote]

This is now the second team he has run himself off of.

His reputation is worse now than it was when we traded for him.

but you knew this.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
There's probably more to the story, but at the same time a lot of the players are shocked/wtf'ing as well. So yeah, how big of an issue were his 'issues', really? And how much of this is just the epitome of bevells incompetence?

Baldwin got in Wilson's face last week too, you know? Is he a cancer too, who we need to trade?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
There are 2 things to consider her about the trade return:

1) Idzik and JS know each other. They worked together. I don't know if they are friends, but it wouldn't surprise me. JS isn;t going to rip Idzik off. JS was probably very open and up front about why they are trading Harvin because he knows Idzik isn't stupid. In that sense, this is why we are lucky the pick could escalate to a 2nd rounder. Idzik probably said, I know he's worth at least a 2nd, but with the risk we're talking about I can only offer a 4th. JS probably said, "Ok then, let's make it conditional." But JS was never going to try to rip Idzik off.

2) We had to consider who we were trading Harvin to. We may have received more in return from another team. But would you trade Harvin to an NFC Playoff team? Would you trade him to a team that we have to play this year? The Seahawks traded him somewhere safe. He's out of our Conference, he's off our schedule, we don't have to see him anymore. Plus, trading him to a contender would be rewarding him for his behavior. He went to a team that is in the gutter. It sends a message: Don't like it here? Then go play for a crap team.

So maybe the Seahawks could have gotten more. But maybe it just wasn't worth it.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
akscoundrel":25kxcuhg said:
There's probably more to the story, but at the same time a lot of the players are shocked/wtf'ing as well. So yeah, how big of an issue were his 'issues', really? And how much of this is just the epitome of bevells incompetence?

Baldwin got in Wilson's face last week too, you know? Is he a cancer too, who we need to trade?

I agree with you, we need to know more of the story.

But your point was that we needed to get more of a return for him, and deserved (or not) he has a poor reputation around the league now which diminishes his value despite his talent.

If JS could have gotten more, he would have.