Lynch upset about trade?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bigwrm":35k0xwqb said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/18/trading-problem-player-percy-may-create-a-problem-with-marshawn/

Well, at least we just have one headcase to manage now. I can't wait until Sunday when we'll have some actual football to talk about.

Which continues to make me wonder just how much of a "cancer" he really was.

Hope we find out more at some point.

warden

Reaction score
here is an interesting take from a journalist

Mike Florio of PFT added another interesting angle to all this, noting that the Seahawks were looking to avoid allowing Harvin create a rift in the locker room related to Russell Wilson's leadership style.

"As one source explained it to PFT on Friday evening, the Seahawks possibly feared that Harvin had sufficient influence over enough of the locker room to launch a mutiny against quarterback Russell Wilson, who despite not yet getting a franchise-quarterback contract possibly has become the target of some resentment among players who don't share his complete devotion to the game, and who regard the third-year quarterback as a player-coach."

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Oh please all those guys have multi million reasons to keep playing....you always hear this after a break up

Avril needs to do his damn job.
Lynch will get 20 plus touches this game and be happy
Irvin.......is still on my shit list from last week....you know romo will spin, thats what he does...fundamentals!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Marshawn may have been upset about the trade, but I'm not buying that he "almost didn't get on the bus".

What, he was going to stay home and pout about it? He was going to give up a gamecheck and possibly more just because his friend got traded away?

What, did some other people have to go and convince him to get on the bus?

This just sounds ridiculous to me. He may have walked off in shock for a minute or whatever, but to say he "almost didn't get on the bus" seems a little much. Sounds like someone trying to pump up a story to have a unique scoop.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It's Lynch. He's sufficiently "different" that it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he had thoughts of not getting on the bus.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
warden":3fjx4u9q said:

Mike Florio of PFT added another interesting angle to all this, noting that the Seahawks were looking to avoid allowing Harvin create a rift in the locker room related to Russell Wilson's leadership style.

"As one source explained it to PFT on Friday evening, the Seahawks possibly feared that Harvin had sufficient influence over enough of the locker room to launch a mutiny against quarterback Russell Wilson, who despite not yet getting a franchise-quarterback contract possibly has become the target of some resentment among players who don't share his complete devotion to the game, and who regard the third-year quarterback as a player-coach."

Good find warden...makes sense, this org is led by workers, sherm, wilson, et....js was quoted as saying it has changed how they evaluate draft picks......gotta have guys who love the game

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well this is just great............ What I find interesting is all these stories about Russell being a source of these troubles to some extent, after awhile one has to stay believing that they may hold some truth. I really don't think we have a chance this Sunday, way to many distractions going on right now.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Blitzer88":149riy2p said:
Well this is just great............ What I find interesting is all these stories about Russell being a source of these troubles to some extent, after awhile one has to stay believing that they may hold some truth. I really don't think we have a chance this Sunday, way to many distractions going on right now.

Work your ass off if you want to be on this team......

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
warden":71s33jd4 said:

Not sure how much credit that can be given, but if true, cut all their asses.

00de9a375ff5b6a96e4b81170bae96f67c42640a62f55e1697

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The Seahawks sold their sole to the devil to acquire Lynch. He is a malcontent even if he puts out 100% effort every week. He lives by one set of rules that doesn't apply to others. Now, Carroll wants to change those rules and that may not fly in the locker room. The Seahawks made their bed on this one and are going to have to sleep in it. Lynch's behavior might also lead to his exit and that might be why the Hawks are so focused on shifting a large portion of their playbook to the pass.

If the Hawks are ready to create a mutiny towards Wilson because they can't keep up with WIlson's work ethic, then perhaps the player aren't as dedicated to the cause as I thought. This team could implode and we'll see just how strong the leadership is.

I don't care if I get skewered for this but their brash cocky comments all offseason was a turnoff. I have been a fan of the Hawks but I am no fan of misfits and I would have cut Bruce Irvin a long time ago. As for Avril, he had better be focused on the field because he hasn't done crap this year. This team is slowly losing my interest.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I won't agree or disagree with "accounts" of what may or may not have happened, but I will say unequivocally that PFT is sensationalism at its best/worst.

PFT":33xhnsme said:
Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin both also indicated on Twitter that they weren’t happy about Harvin leaving.
Interpreting these tweets as "they aren't happy" is a huge stretch and blatant pot-stirring.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/523230838612164611[/tweet]
Yeah, that's what literally EVERYONE felt when they heard the news.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cliffavril/status/523228726385856512[/tweet]
Sounds like he just politely left off the "but life goes on" to me.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
gowazzu02":ewganyt4 said:
Oh please all those guys have multi million reasons to keep playing....you always hear this after a break up

Avril needs to do his damn job.
Lynch will get 20 plus touches this game and be happy
Irvin.......is still on my shit list from last week....you know romo will spin, thats what he does...fundamentals!
Go tell all-pro JJ Watt that too

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Blitzer88":35pzh96z said:

I'm sorry but this is craziness. This team will come out more fired up than you've seen all year. I would hate to be the Rams right now. Marshawn is going to run wild.

A

Anonymous

"One player, does not the Seahawks make" - Yoda :mrgreen:

At some point, regardless of what a handful of players might think about it, the FO has got to maintain control of this team and I think the majority of the players realize that. That means making the tough moves, however headscratching sometimes, to stay the medium to long-term course is going to ultimately win out in the locker room.

It is clear that there are going to be many details we may never know, but he is gone, and what's done is done. Not trying to move on so quickly here, just trying to get the process sorted out in my mind so I can move in that direction.

This business with Lynch is par for the course with stuff like this. By game time the beast will be ready to rock.

:thcoffee:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88":vtj5h2br said:

Of course you dont

Largent80

Reaction score
Maybe we can actually be a team again. RW is the general of this team, if these wr's can't get along with him then they need to "get along, little doggie".

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Folks.....let's not take this the wrong way.....Lynch, Harvin are types of people that you need as personalities to match up with all the tough guys/bad seeds that are spread out among the NFL.....Harvin is an attitude negative guy and everyone kinda knows that Lynch marches to his own beat.

We saw how upset Marshawn was at media day when Turbin sat in a seat at the end of the row, essentially boxing Lynch in and making it more difficult to leave quickly and avoid the media.

We also know that RW and Turbin are roommates during camp and my guess is there may be a Lynch is the bell cow and ringleader and RW, Turbin and perhaps some others are tired of seeing RW on Duracell commercials, mugging for the cameras after W's on TV postgame shows, when reality is, he has not proven to this point he can carry a team on his own......remember, every snap we have ever evaluated RW on has had Lynch as a focal point of the team and a determined and very close knit defense as well.

This happens with a lot of locker rooms and I call it standard Operating Procedure.....it's not different than back here in NJ, defensive players still to this day, quietly don't respect Eli Manning and believe that he's an average QB and not a carry the team type of player.....This is from contacts I know in and around the Giants.

So what does this all mean...??

It means that it appears that the franchise QB was given 5 to 6 games plus pre-season to "expand the offense" and we saw an up-tempo, hurry up offense that showed RW's skills in home games vs Chicago and San Diego. We saw this in the opener vs Green Bay, but as teams adjust and play SEA differently, RW is reading his own press clippings.....this is my opinion and I see things this way.

RW has had throws available to him in the pocket, but bails out too quickly to try and find a better vision spot or passing lane and at times that works and other times, not so much. The last drives vs Dallas probably was his time to shine from the pocket and RW does NOT consistently do that within the context of the offense.

Please don't take this as him not being a Top 5 to 7 NFL QB, he certainly is....at the same time, in this game of the NFL, eventually teams are going to slow-rush and not allow him escape routes where he can improvise and make plays with his legs or outside the pocket. That means he will have to force throws into spots, where he might get a pick or two. That may be where teammates are thinking he's so coached into not turning it over, that it may frustrate some WR's or players into thinking RW is just stat driven to avoid turnovers.....OR if his stat line is without TO's, he will lean towards keeping the team in games and in the W column.

That type of play says Kaepernick/Alex Smith/game manager vs a player that may command 25M per year and 6 or 7 years with 80M guaranteed money....that's a lot of money if you have Harvin, Sherman, Bennett, Zack Miller as most of your high priced players.

Harvin is addition by subtraction and Lynch has been treated as if he feels he's underpaid......and the truth is that Lynch controls the heartbeat and toughness of this offense, even with his street-edgy attitude and sometimes out of line attitude....he delivers the goods and toughness, while Wilson compliments it perfectly.

Let's just say that Lynch will get his 25 carries, Turbin 10 and Seattle wins by 17+ tomorrow....It will be back to "normal" and Wilson will get back to coaching on the field and leading a new piece in Richardson or Norwood, without the drama and hostility that Harvin brought to the table.....That doesn't mean Wilson has immediately vaulted to the top of the "respect in the locker room" pecking order, but when his contract is signed in this offseason, it will be.

Whether Lynch is back next year or not, the offense will then truly be RW's offense and the rest of the pieces around him as draft picks or FA signees, will need to recognize that.

That may seem like it's confusing or that I'm hammering RW, I love him and am not, he is the ultimate QB Seattle needs for the next decade....at the same time, I need more plays out of him without Marshawn on the field, to feel 100% comfortable that he should command 25M a year, which is where I'm hearing the number will need to be to get a deal done against this expanded NFL cap next year.

Is Lynch worth 4X less than Wilson in this equation (assuming Lynch carries a 6M price tag next year).....?? that may be part of Lynch's vision on how things went down.

hawk45

Reaction score
FFS Lynch. Gives 100% effort on the field more than any player I've seen but egads coaches must roll their eyes and reach for the Advil at times. If this is true.