Is anyone RELIEVED that Percy's gone?

gadgor

Reaction score
First of all, I admit that Percy is a world-class football player that can make any team lethal. But the baggage he brought is not worth his talents. In fact, I truly believe that he is primarily the reason that this team has lost its identity. All those jet-sweeps and the coaches trying to appease him led to the offense being so inept. The thing I hate the most is the fact that Percy basically QUIT during the last quarter of the Cowboys game (presumably the Chargers game as well?).

I really think that if the team ignores all the media distractions, we will do well for the rest of the season. Team chemistry is a huge factor in football, and Percy was obviously a detriment to that.

Go Hawks :thirishdrinkers:

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
If he was one of the issues that our offense was sputtering, then of course I'm glad. All in hindsight, of course.

Attachments

• ph traded.jpg
    ph traded.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,128

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
If the reports we've been hearing are true I'm relieved we got rid of him before he seriously hurt somebody on this team.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
At least we won't have to see a dozen forced and failed screens for anymore games.

hawk45

Reaction score
No.

Because we didn't know any of this was going on. We were just waiting and excited to see us threaten other teams with him. And that was the majority opinion before the Dallas game.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
only if the "rumours" are true..otherwise this team is not as good today as it was yesterday..at least at WR. Seems like some players have taken to twitter and were shocked to hear the trade...any speculation on a locker room divided?

Steve2222

Reaction score
I laugh at the thought of Percy being a locker room bully. Where are guys like Kam who is vocal when there are distractions in the locker room when Percy is beating people up?

sturg78

Reaction score
I assume offense handles offense and defense handles defense in kicker room situations

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":3clabof1 said:
I laugh at the thought of Percy being a locker room bully. Where are guys like Kam who is vocal when there are distractions in the locker room when Percy is beating people up?

I doubt Percy went over into the D area at all.

As for being relieved - I'm not quite there yet. If the Seahawks look like their old selves over the next few weeks, I will be.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I guess if the cost of keeping him was a locker room coup - yes.

But it still is an area I was hoping to be wrong on. Weirdly enough I was supposed to change my Username to IwasAMoron because that was my promise if I was wrong about Harvin.

And after the SB, I was hoping I was wrong. Not only was there that great KR, but Harvin was starting to catch passes in the offense and Harvin was doing none of the weird attacking teammates and coaches he did in Minny.

Even better, a guy with a reputation for being lazy and pretending to be hurt sounded like he was working with Wilson who is known for driving people (and himself) pretty hard.

So I was pretty excited about watching him this year after spending all last year ripping him at every available opportunity.

Crap. I won't say I feel relieved at all. I feel like all the stuff I feared hit in one big crapball and immediately got that sinking feeling.

Even worse, Harvin apparently stoked fires of resentment among other players. The disease of laziness, entitlement and complacency is contagious and he seems to have given it to several of our other players.

We won a SB with him but the effects of bringing him in will scar this team for a while.

On the plus side, I don't have to change my username now....ick.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Not really the WR we needed eating up all that cap to be honest. We need a big go-to guy and redzone threat. Excited to see who we go after now/at the end of the season.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Relieved wouldn't be the word to describe how I feel. I'm pretty pissed about some of things that are coming out.

Not playing last year when team doctors said he could have?

Fights with teammates? How could you get into a fight with a teammate on the way to a Superbowl? That doesn't even compute. I can imagine if the team was losing every week, but we're talking about altercations on the way to a Superbowl!

Highest paid player on the team, awarded a SB ring, while basically doing nothing last year?

Fumbling the ball in SD, which was a huge factor in the loss, and still acting like you're too good to improve?

Potentially causing a mutiny and distractions in the locker room?

Pouting like a baby on the sidelines when we still had a chance to win on Sunday?

Saying all the right things in the media, but acting like the complete opposite in the locker room?

Yea this cancer needed to be eradicated.

I wouldn't say I'm relieved though. I just hope a lot of this stuff isn't true.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
After reading this, yeah. I guess I am.

In Seattle, it was just as bad. Said one source regarding the situation, “Believe everything you hear about Harvin and the Seahawks.” The reported fracas with former Seahawks receiver Golden Tate happened, we’re told, the night before Super Bowl XLVIII. The source said Harvin body slammed Tate at the team hotel, and that players initially feared Harvin broke Tate’s neck.

While there’s a theory making the rounds that the Seahawks feared Harvin would launch a mutiny against quarterback Russell Wilson, there’s a separate theory that Harvin was in danger of being on the wrong end of a Code Red from teammates who had enough of his angry, moody, erratic ways.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-jets/

seahawks187

Reaction score
As far as the locker room goes, we lost a lot of leadership in the off season (red bryant, clemons, mike rob) .. One of those guys would of been on him.. Harvin has been in the league longer than kam / wagner / RW,/ DB / RS so he prob thought he had some seniority .. IDK tho but if PC and JS determined that this was the best decision for the team then I think we all just have to go with that.. Just like when they went with RW over Flynn after paying Flynn all that money.. Sunday cannot come soon enough and we need to win for this to go away.. if we end up losing or whateve this will linger all season long

gonzhawk

Reaction score
relieved that we don't have to keep pretending he is something he is not-
this deal (draft captial/and $) should have brought a guy that is a top 5 receiver, not top 5 potential-
I admit I was on board initially, but I really really hope we are done "trading" for potential and stick to drafting for
it instead.

He is so overrated its not even funny.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Relieved?

we just lost a huge part of the team. Problems aside he was part of the plan this year.

so tired of seeing so many people acting like this is no big deal and we are somehow immediately better for it

like I keep saying, it was the right choice. That doesn't mean its a great situation to be in.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I had no idea that the locker room was in turmoil, if it truly was AND #11 was to blame, then hell yes.
Not only relived but HAPPY.
And I wish I would have happened sooner.
Maybe we don't fall to the Cowboys.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hawknballs":jezeesei said:
Relieved?

we just lost a huge part of the team. Problems aside he was part of the plan this year.

so tired of seeing so many people acting like this is no big deal and we are somehow immediately better for it

like I keep saying, it was the right choice. That doesn't mean its a great situation to be in.

I just feel like we've been pretty not good on O this year so far the chances that we get better because of this are just as good as they are that we get worse, IMO. He's a world class talent but it just wasn't working. I'm not like rejoicing, like he was the sole reason we were struggling, but I think it opens up some opportunities. It'll definitely be interesting.