Russell WIlson will lead the team through all this noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Above all the din and the noise surrounding the Harvin trade, above all the supposed "chaos" (i.e. Marshawn unhappiness), one thing is clear:

Russell Wilson is a BOSS. And he's going to be the reason this team will come through all these distractions, and be even better than before.

I'm so proud of Russell Wilson after hearing that he laid the pimp-hand smackdown on Percy the Bum. That's boss stuff right there. Franchise quarterback stuff. Game manager? Russell Wilson is a greatness manager, and his drive to see his fellow players succeed is going to be a major part of this team's ongoing success. Carroll and Schneider just made it clear to every person on that team who they see as the future, who they see as the leader.

Everyone just saw what happened with Percy the Bum, and that message will be loud and clear now. When Russell Wilson tells you to get your butt in the film room with him, you do it. When Russell Wilson says you need to practice that route 5-6 more times to get in sync, you do it. And if you question the captain? Adios, muchacho!

Oh, you're a media darling? You have a 95 score in Madden? You got a huge contract last year? Have fun playing for the lousy stinking Jets, you bum!

You want that Superbowl bling on your hand? You want that NEXT contract? See that guy over there with the #3 jersey? You do what he says, you live up to his standards, you play to his expectations. That guy is the future of this organization, and if you can't hang with his standards, then you aren't up to the Seahawk Standard.

I can't wait to see what Russell Wilson does with this team now. I can't wait to see how the WRs respond. Your chance has arrived, Walters, Richardson and Norwood. Better get with #3 and get your game up.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wilson is an inspiring human being. He'll keep the team churning.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Wilson is a great player and Seahawk, but I can clearly see how he comes off as corny/irks people. If you don't, you're willingly blind.

With that being said, if it is true that Harvin simply didn't want to work hard enough or up to Wilson's standard, that isn't a legitimate gripe and good riddance.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Hans. Been saying it for some time now, first ballot HOFer, franchise QB, leader, etc. Will he have tough days like last Sun.? Of course he will. As he said in one of the championship vids, some times you just go oh for four. I think the FO will continue to commit more draft resources to the o-line (Britt was the start) so his game continues to trend upward. That will keep the Hawks in the championship hunt for the next 10 years.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Last time I looked, we still have the Lombardi :D

Russell Wilson is not corny, he's a man true to his word who puts his integrity first. If he wasn't, people would spot it right away.

There's a reason Russell can go through a celebrity divorce, ask for privacy, and get it. Because of who he is. If he was a phony, TMZ would be all over it.

He's the real deal, but it's so rare in this day and age that people don't know what to make of it. Ask the Children's Hospital if he's the real thing.

His team mates realize it too, no matter what the press might try to conjure up. His team mates were there in Houston, they were there down 21-0 to Tampa, and they were there in Chicago. If any of them that don't realize who the King of Seattle is, they will soon find themselves on the next train out of Dodge.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":32bffw8l said:
Wilson is a great player and Seahawk, but I can clearly see how he comes off as corny/irks people. If you don't, you're willingly blind.

With that being said, if it is true that Harvin simply didn't want to work hard enough or up to Wilson's standard, that isn't a legitimate gripe and good riddance.
Look up "Self Actualization" in the dictionary. Right next to the definition is a picture of Russell Wilson. Anyone who has a problem with how he conducts himself only reveals their own insecurities.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is the next level for Wilson, if Manning or Brady had Harvin and he pulled that crap nobody would have said a word when the F.O. would have traded him, those two have that same ability, Elway and Belichick would have done the same thing.

I mean said a word as far as questioning whether Wilson is the leader of this team or a WR. Manning and Brady are without question, now so is Wilson.

Good post Hans!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Great post. This is something I've always questioned with Wilson. If he is just too nice to get in guys faces when they need it. I guess I was wrong. Can't wait to see how they respond tomorrow, hopefully they play inspired me against the world football. My guess is they do, led by #3.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
austinslater25":1c235pog said:
Great post. This is something I've always questioned with Wilson. If he is just too nice to get in guys faces when they need it. I guess I was wrong. Can't wait to see how they respond tomorrow, hopefully they play inspired me against the world football. My guess is they do, led by #3.
Yeah, I'm with ya. Just have this feeling that the team is going to come out focused and rejuvenated.

If the rumors are true, and there's no reason to believe they're not, then Harvin has been a real drain. It'll be interesting to see what happens when you lose the interruption of focus.

chris98251

Reaction score
Most of us have been wondering whats going on, why the TEAM seems so out of sync and lacking something, maybe the carry over from the Super Bowl week and continued strife created enough stress and toxicity that it effected things on a level that carried over in multiple aspects.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Thank you Hans for such a positive and sane post. We got rid of the ball and chain that has been choking the life out of us literally and not figuratively it seems and because of that I won't be surprised if we shock and awe the NFL 12 hours 11 minutes from now.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":lsr47okp said:

I doubt he comes off as corny in the locker room. RW is the Seahawks at this point. Either step up or step off. He puts in more effort than any other Seahawk and soon he will be paid more than any other Seahawk.

dunceface

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":xoi2q456 said:
CodeWarrior":xoi2q456 said:

Look up "Self Actualization" in the dictionary. Right next to the definition is a picture of Russell Wilson. Anyone who has a problem with how he conducts himself only reveals their own insecurities.

THE TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUTH

Status
Not open for further replies.