Norwood and Richardson

jake206

Reaction score
Any word on if they're going to be active for the game. Heard that Norwood is finally healthy. Might have a chance to contribute.

HawkWow

Reaction score
That's the good news in this mess. We have a couple very good young players that sat while Pete paraded Harvin in front of potential suiters.

I have always been very high on Norwood but Richardson's size continues to concern me. But he tracks the ball well, probably runs better routes than Harvin and is (even) faster. I don't see him being the LOS guy that we expected from Harvin, but that crap wasn't working for us and our suspect line anyway. Worse, it didn't appear our typically solid blocking WRs wanted to contribute much to Harvin's success, either. So with that, I won't be surprised if Rich's production supersedes Harvin's. Very excited to get these young guys onto the field.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkWow":1fh6f6r0 said:
That's the good news in this mess. We have a couple very good young players that sat while Pete paraded Harvin in front of potential suiters.

I have always been very high on Norwood but Richardson's size continues to concern me. But he tracks the ball well, probably runs better routes than Harvin and is (even) faster. I don't see him being the LOS guy that we expected from Harvin, but that crap wasn't working for us and our suspect line anyway. Worse, it didn't appear our typically solid blocking WRs wanted to contribute much to Harvin's success, either. So with that, I won't be surprised if Rich's production supersedes Harvin's. Very excited to get these young guys onto the field.

I didn't think about that, but it could be a very valid point. Every time Harvin got a screen, our WRs let him get blown up. That probably isn't coincidental.

I theorized in another thread that if we really wanted to run jet sweeps, Lockette would probably be good at it. He's got the speed and he's bigger than Harvin. He's steadily improved and I'd like to see the ball in his hands more.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If our receivers gave less than 100% blocking when Harvin got the ball, they can leave too as far as I'm concerned. Way to be team players guys, real middle school (girl) stuff right there.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawkWow":14129bjn said:

I don't believe this....if this is true, then they are not team players. A team player would never do something like this, whether they liked the guy or not. I believe they weren't purposely sabotaging plays so they could make a mockery of Harvin. It hurts them as much as Harvin. Ridiculous premise and statement.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawkfan68":25y01q9j said:
HawkWow":25y01q9j said:

I don't believe this....if this is true, then they are not team players. A team player would never do something like this, whether they liked the guy or not. I believe they weren't purposely sabotaging plays so they could make a mockery of Harvin. It hurts them as much as Harvin. Ridiculous premise and statement.
I don't believe it either.

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1emsrytm said:
HawkWow":1emsrytm said:

I'm not saying I believe it but I wouldn't discount it out of hand. If the player is going around punching teammates, I can absolutely see them taking a dive to let him get hit. It might also explain why Harvin didn't want to go back in. Perhaps he was pissed his teammates were taking a dive on him.

I gotta say, if the stories of punching teammates are true, I'm disappointed he stayed with the team this long.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I'm really hoping that Norwood gets on the field this weekend. It's time that we start developing him in real games, I think he's ready based on what we heard in pre-season. And looking at him from his College tape I expected him to have a huge year for us, seems perfect for Wilson with his ability to get good position on the defender for high percentage jump balls.

I think Norwood is the only guy who can really save our receiving core as a whole this year. We NEED to play him, he has the skill set to be our #1 in my opinion.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Toke I usually never agree with you but I think you're not totally offbase here.I see Norwood as being that Largent type Wilson absolutely needs to progress to that final elite level that's so obvious nobody sane will be able to question if he's top 5 currently and will be historical when all is said and done.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawkGA":23fgtp3k said:
hawkfan68":23fgtp3k said:
HawkWow":23fgtp3k said:

I'm not saying I believe it but I wouldn't discount it out of hand. If the player is going around punching teammates, I can absolutely see them taking a dive to let him get hit. It might also explain why Harvin didn't want to go back in. Perhaps he was pissed his teammates were taking a dive on him.

I gotta say, if the stories of punching teammates are true, I'm disappointed he stayed with the team this long.

This would show that these players have no integrity or character. I seriously doubt that is the case. Two wrongs don't make a right. That's why I believe they wouldn't do something so juvenile as what is descibed. If they did, like Seanhawk mentioned, they should be shown the exit door too.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawkfan68":215l02b9 said:
HawkWow":215l02b9 said:

I see your "ridiculous" and raise you naïve. Unsure how long you've been following the sport, I just saw in the NCAA thread that you were unfamiliar with the concept of trading up...but believe me, players let players get blown up much more frequently than most of us realize. If you find it ridiculous, that says more about your knowledge of such things than it does my statement.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ticgqix said:
If our receivers gave less than 100% blocking when Harvin got the ball, they can leave too as far as I'm concerned. Way to be team players guys, real middle school (girl) stuff right there.

So would you have shown the door to our entire 2007 team? That team definitely laid down to expedite the departure of Jim Mora. Again, it happens and it used to happen with regularity, especially to young, smart assed QBs. Piss the line off, or show them up, and you'd get the matador treatment.

I know these things from actual NFL players that joke about such things.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":11socwt7 said:
Toke I usually never agree with you but I think you're not totally offbase here.I see Norwood as being that Largent type Wilson absolutely needs to progress to that final elite level that's so obvious nobody sane will be able to question if he's top 5 currently and will be historical when all is said and done.

Totally HawkGal. Some, not necessarily in this thread, see Norwood as the guy that's going to replace Harvin. That's not his game. He's more the possession type guy with good length and great hands.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawkWow":1cfsfurt said:
Seanhawk":1cfsfurt said:

So would you have shown the door to our entire 2007 team? That team definitely laid down to expedite the departure of Jim Mora. Again, it happens and it used to happen with regularity, especially to young, smart assed QBs. Piss the line off, or show them up, and you'd get the matador treatment.

That plan to oust Mora sure worked since he still was an assistant coach in 2008 and then became the head coach in 2009. Interesting.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawkfan68":37uuslkx said:
HawkWow":37uuslkx said:
Seanhawk":37uuslkx said:

That plan to oust Mora sure worked since he still was an assistant coach in 2008 and then became the head coach in 2009. Interesting.

There you go grasshopper. Keep nipping at my heals, following me around the forum and you'd be bound to catch me on something, lol. I was going off the top of my head, I didn't look up Mora's actually departure date. But if it made you feel better, or smarter, it's a good thing you did. ; ) That aside, the actual date isn't the focus of the conversation, now is it?

I'm starting to be perturbed by your nit picking and lack of social skills. The better way to have challenged someone's statement might have went : Interesting thought but not one I adhere to myself. I'd be saddened to learn this if true.

Instead, you the unknowing, challenge the knowing with "Ridiculous premise and statement". Uh...who are you again? Disrespect, coming from the unknowing, then ticks me off and we proceed to burden the forum with silly stuff like your latest comment regarding Mora's actual departure date...as if that detracts from my point.

(this is the part where you spend the night scouring through my posts looking for something I may have been inaccurate about. Don't do it dude! Play with your cat or something, 'cuz when you deliver your next whopping revelation, you will realize you have been put on ignore)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawkWow":k1igvsi3 said:
hawkfan68":k1igvsi3 said:
HawkWow":k1igvsi3 said:
Seanhawk":k1igvsi3 said:

There you go grasshopper. Keep nipping at my heals, following me around the forum and you'd be bound to catch me on something, lol. I was going off the top of my head, I didn't look up Mora's actually departure date. But if it made you feel better, or smarter, it's a good thing you did. ; ) That aside, the actual date isn't the focus of the conversation, now is it?

I'm starting to be perturbed by your nit picking and lack of social skills. The better way to have challenged someone's statement might have went : Interesting thought but not one I adhere to myself. I'd be saddened to learn this if true.

Instead, you the unknowing, challenge the knowing with "Ridiculous premise and statement". Uh...who are you again? Disrespect, coming from the unknowing, then ticks me off and we proceed to burden the forum with silly stuff like your latest comment regarding Mora's actual departure date...as if that detracts from my point.

(this is the part where you spend the night scouring through my posts looking for something I may have been inaccurate about. Don't do it dude! Play with your cat or something, 'cuz when you deliver your next whopping revelation, you will realize you have been put on ignore)

Didn't mean to tick you off. Sorry you thought my statement was a personal attack. It wasn't intended that way. While some players may do what you state, these Seahawk players don't seem to be in that mold. That's all that I meant. Have a great night!

dunceface

Reaction score
CANHawk":3cqk6uxs said:
So much sexual tension in this thread.....

Someone's got NorWOOD on the mind...

It's me because I can't wait to see what he looks like in our offense

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkWow":8t02c14c said:
hawkfan68":8t02c14c said:
HawkWow":8t02c14c said:

I see your "ridiculous" and raise you naïve. Unsure how long you've been following the sport, I just saw in the NCAA thread that you were unfamiliar with the concept of trading up...but believe me, players let players get blown up much more frequently than most of us realize. If you find it ridiculous, that says more about your knowledge of such things than it does my statement.

Naïve??! Really? And exactly how many times have you suited up in an NFL or college FB uniform?? I'd say you are about as 'naïve' as the rest of us. Cyber NFL athletes, sheesh! :roll: I saw it in a movie and heard stories, so it must be true and must be happening all the time..... ROTFLMAO!