No Harvin = No Superbowl Victory.

sam1313

Reaction score
I know this has been argued about a lot already, but I'm not saying that Percy won us the Superbowl. And, this isn't even my idea, but one I read in a comment from someone named John Spieker. I think it is worth repeating because it makes the Harvin thing a lot easier to swallow:

"As I recall (Danny and other insiders can confirm or deny this) one of the reasons the price to obtain Harvin from Minnesota was so high was there was another party bidding for Percy Harvin --the San Francisco 49ers.

Seattle got Harvin party so San Francisco would not.

Remember, no one at the time knew about Harvin's hip injury. Even if San Francisco only had Harvin for the NFC championship game we still win the game?

That alone would make the whole transaction ok in my book.

Why else would we be hot to add a 3rd slot receiver?"

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2626508/Perc ... neider-era

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Yup, I also remember this. Didn't say anything about it though.

Same thing with the CBJ trade, ARZ was also going after him hard.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Although watching Harvin and Harbaugh/Kaepernick square off would have been pretty entertaining.

OP
OP
sam1313

sam1313

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2hoqencq said:
Although watching Harvin and Harbaugh/Kaepernick square off would have been pretty entertaining.

True, but it wouldn't have taken much to swing that NFCCC game the wrong way, and we would be here listening to Niner Fans talk about their 6 rings for the rest of our lives....

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lombardi makes it all worthwhile. I don't care what the Front Office did last year, we won a SuperB Owl and no one can take that away.

We also have Russell Wilson, the man that makes UDFA receivers look great. Let's see what he can do with 2 draftable receivers.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
We're supposed to assume Harvin would have been on the field for SF in that game when he wasn't for us? Meh.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Right? The NFL isn't a plug n play system as evidenced by this Harvin fiasco here

sturg78

Reaction score
Percy got hurt being hit by that sloppy saint safety. He would have died against kam last year.

OP
OP
sam1313

sam1313

Reaction score
You don't have to assume anything. But if you want to go back and play "what if" we didn't trade for Harvin, there should be more variables to that equation that just saying we could have kept Tate, Red and Clem.

nanomoz

Reaction score
There's at least a decent chance that the player drafted with that first round draft pick could have played just as big of a role (Coradelle Patterson, perhaps). Don't ignore the impact that was lost by trading away the first round pick.

hawks509

Reaction score
Don't think Harvin won us the SB, our defense was going to decimate Denver either way. That being said, maybe (probably) don't win by the margin that we did, but I think we still would have handled Denver. And Sturg also makes a good point, one shot from Kam or Earl would have split Percy in half. Maybe that's why he always sat out practices for us haha

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
You're asking us to go with an alternate universe reality? Yikes, this could be a long thread.

<now where is that tea sippin' emoji...?> ahh...this'll do... :snack:

seahawks187

Reaction score
Harvin basically didn't play all year.. and was knocked out in the divisional playoff round and was out for the NFC championship game.. he had a cpl nice runs and a kickoff return for a TD.. lol give me a break saying he won us a superbowl.. u could of put him on the broncos vs us in the SB and we still would of won

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ivotuk":1kfs6iw1 said:
Lombardi makes it all worthwhile. I don't care what the Front Office did last year, we won a SuperB Owl and no one can take that away.

We also have Russell Wilson, the man that makes UDFA receivers look great. Let's see what he can do with 2 draftable receivers.
This. I'm excited to see what Wilson does with receivers drafted specifically meant for his unique skillset and meant for him to tutor. Norwood with his huge catch radius and Richardson having all the speed needed to be a DeSean Jackson type without the unwillingness to actually ran beyond 5 yards or demand the whole offense run through him? Orgasmic methinks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":4by13m0p said:
You're asking us to go with an alternate universe reality? Yikes, this could be a long thread.

<now where is that tea sippin' emoji...?> ahh...this'll do... :snack:
This one is better....:thcoffee:....

Tokadub

Reaction score
sturg78":2p1nyu6v said:
Percy got hurt being hit by that sloppy saint safety. He would have died against kam last year.

For real, Harvin would of been out all season from just one good hit from Kam. I don't think Harvin would of been that effective with the 49ers the way Kaepernick stares down receivers.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean I get the OP's point, that there's a butterfly effect that maybe disrupts our Super Bowl win if we do anything different, but by that token a team could always justify a bad acquisition if they win the Super Bowl that year, and it seems flawed to say the least to basically put a "good enough" blanket on every single personnel move in the football year that led into a championship.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Harvin didn't win jack shit for us.

Bust from day 1, we would have been better off letting him go to the niners.

For those of you who don't remember, instead of getting Harvin the niners got boldin who went for over 1000 yards.

Remember that?

The niners "missed out" on Harvin and got boldin instead.

Not only do the Seahawks still win the Super Bowl if Harvin was on the niners, our path would have been easier because instead of having a 1000 yard wr they would have Mr. 1 catch for 17 yards.

The Harvin trade hurt the hawks, and the boldin trade helped the Niners.

In no universe did the Harvin trade help us win anything. He was dead weight that we overcame.

evergreen

Reaction score
Think about the nepotism trade too. Anquan Boldin to your brother for a 6th? We paid so much for Harvin that w/o the Super Bowl it would really suck. But come on, we all know that Super Bowl was worth every player and dollar lost on this deal. Just that kick off alone was freakin' priceless. The jet sweep really put the fear of God in the Broncos. I think that sparked the win. I agree we win without him but it wouldn't have been as awesome. Always compete or you're out of here.