Does nobody remember 2011?

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
In 2011, baldwin's rookie season, he was permanently in the #1 receiver spot after rice's injury. That team was much worse than this team, and he still had 51 receptions on 85 targets for 788 yards. That was with Jackson at quarterback, and a rookie Baldwin! We can all agree that this years Baldwin is far superior to rookie Baldwin, and Wilson is far better than Jackson was. He may not have the right build for a #1, but I feel like he can still take over a game, very similar to the way Steve smith has done for the past decade. On top of that, it is easier for receivers like Baldwin to get open due to the new rules. I think he will have a big second half of the season.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm glad you found the time to say "I told you" so within moments of one of the most painful losses in recent memory. Kudos.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You may be misunderstanding what some people mean by a #1 receiver, it gets thrown around a lot and seems to mean different things each time. I would be surprised if any Seahawks fan dislikes Baldwin as a receiver or does not think he is capable of finding holes in zone coverage out of the slot.

Any talk I have seen about Baldwin is about our decision to play him on the outside, where 2011 is not relevant. Rice and BMW were the outside receivers in the 9 games that Rice played, and Obo/Tate and BMW were the outside receivers in the 7 games that Rice didn't play.

The reason why people get hyped up about outside receivers is that they will often be in a position to get single coverage and win or lose those individual battles based on their size, strength and quickness. Rice and BMW were big strong targets that TJack felt comfortable throwing open when they were being draped by a smaller opposing CB. It's not a disservice to Baldwin to say that RW would benefit from having a big guy on the outside who he could throw jump balls to.