Bigger offseason need, offensive or defensive line?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I say offensive line needs the most attention, but the defensive line, especially defensive tackle, needs to be addressed as well.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Damn, I just said the same thing out loud. But I think the defensive line is weak. We definitely miss Red and McDonald. We need another run plugger.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We need FIVE offensive linemen and an offensive lines coach. I think we can hire a new offensive lines coach IMMEDIATELY, so that's not really an offseason need. But FIVE offensive linesmen means we pretty much devote the entire draft to that.

xgeoff

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3al5uiz5 said:
We need FIVE offensive linemen and an offensive lines coach. I think we can hire a new offensive lines coach IMMEDIATELY, so that's not really an offseason need. But FIVE offensive linesmen means we pretty much devote the entire draft to that.

I don't have a problem with Center. But the rest, yeah, we could devote the whole draft to replacing them. I'd be good with Cable leaving town as well.

CarolinaSeahawk03

Reaction score
Offensive line is biggest need! they get no push. No time for Russell in the back field and no holes for lynch.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I don't like what Tony McDaniel gives us.

bandiger

Reaction score
I think we protect Wilson better? If not just trade him to a team that values a rare talent QB. I'm done with how badly the O-line does every game. Fire Cable, he's the one in charge of this mess.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm wondering if we paid the wrong DL last off season. On OL we need a healthy center and LT. Britt, Carp, and Sweezy can get it done if they have tallent at Center and LT

firebee

Reaction score
O-Line.... Fix the frickin O-Line. We got young guys coming up that will mold themselves into the defensive line... I like Marsh and I like Hill. Maybe draft a big slugger and cut ties with Jesse Williams since he can't stay healthy. He was supposed to be the young guy to take over for Red Bryant, but that's clearly not going to happen. We need to address offensive line though... Our guys can't get out of the backfield with this offensive line, unless they cutback and change direction. Wilson is scrambling before he can get through his first read because our guys are getting physically beat off the snap and pushed into the backfield or they're letting someone blow through untouched because they whiff on an assignment. This offensive line is horrible.

Also... If I see us sign one more player from Minnesota, I'm going to puke. Mr. Schneider... Just tell Bevell to STFU if he starts talking about how great a player was in Minnesota when he was coaching there.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I hate on the O line constantly but they were mostly alright in the second half. The D line though? WOW. They are absolutely terrible. No pressure at all. Unacceptable

hoxrox

Reaction score
O-line round 1. D-line or RB round 2.

kmedic

Reaction score
What?? This is a no brainier guys. Defensive line all the way. Particularly at tackle. Any chance of us signing Suh, or perhaps drafting Danny Shelton? We have ZERO interior pass rush. If you can't force the QB to one side of the pocket you'll never be able to sack him. Clinton McDonald was that guy last season. We have no one close to his production this year. Offensive line is inconsistent but at least there are times (the entire second half today) when they play well.

hawk45

Reaction score
OL was better in the second half but we also gave up somewhat on them protecting Wilson, putting him on the move a lot.

el capitan

Reaction score
Forget the defense, the League is desperate to make every game a shoot out, just look at all the rule changes and "points of emphasis" over the last few years, there is no point in sinking high draft picks and big chunks of salary cap space into the D. We need an Offense that can keep pace which won't happen without some decent offensive linemen and coaching.

The 2013 Seahawks may have had the last truly great defense, the way it's going in a few years having a good D will mean keeping your opponent to just 3 or 4 touchdowns.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
BOTH.

However, the Dline can be fixed through coaching and perserverance. The pressure is there, problem is no one is finishing. Maybe they need to work in tandem more? I have no clue, but Pete is too good a defensive mind to not get these issues resolved by the time a playoff push starts to heat up.

daveca5150

Reaction score
Keep in mind the injuries on o-line/blocking with Unger and Miller out. I'm not saying that's not a huge need for the team, they have issues at full strength too. Okung is playing through some injury and pain too, but I don't see much hope in his future with all the penalties and injuries.

I think we need a(n) LT more than anything.