Trade Cliff Avril

Chawks1

Reaction score
Where is he??? $7 million??? Come on man! He's a FA next year lets call the jets and get another 6th round pick for him.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Chawks1":172bzqw4 said:
Where is he??? $7 million??? Come on man! He's a FA next year lets call the jets and get another 6th round pick for him.

Yep, I don't know what havppened to him but he turned out to be a waste. Get rid of him.

bandiger

Reaction score
This is his last year here anyways, he should be putting up numbers. Oh well he can either stay for a bargain or we move on.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He really is pretty useless. All he can do is bull rush and it's not working

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I don't put it on Avril. When was the last time one of our defensive tackles got within 5 yards of the QB?

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
While we're at it, why don't we trade Thomas too? Maybe Chancellor, Carpenter and Wagner. We suck anyway, just a rebuilding season. I wouldn't mind trading Sherman too.

:sarcasm_off:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
can't pin it on avril. last year we had a rotation to get rested and keep offenses guessing, this year we don't have any depth.

Ray12man

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2ecxx1hi said:
I miss quality depth allowing our guys to get rest....
That has been the issue for my armchair coach eyes. Last year we had a lot of combinations we could run. I don't know if we have been able to get Avril and Bennett next to each other.

kearly

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1igxh7hq said:
I miss Chris Clemons

Clemons has four sacks so far. Jared Allen has 1.5. Who'd have thunk it?

I'm guessing Seattle lands Cameron Wake this next offseason.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":yi80qdtu said:
I don't think he's really that good

Yeah, he was never that good to begin with...just an overhyped player that benefitted from playing with the Lions Dline. Lions Dline can make Gregg Scruggs look like an all-Pro.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One wonders if some of the underperforming guys this year got Harvin syndrome?

But I think more of it is that last year we rotated heavily and that allowed them to ball out, come out, get rested and come back again and attack.

Avril was stellar last year and won us games. So it is that he is working less hard this year or is it that they are working him too hard and he is just worn out almost immediately? Remember that most of our guys are undersized, that means they tire quickly too.

Not sure what you could get for an underperforming DE in a trade though.

HansGruber

Reaction score
kearly":3iwroqyl said:
CALIHAWK1":3iwroqyl said:
I miss Chris Clemons

Clemons has four sacks so far. Jared Allen has 1.5. Who'd have thunk it?

I'm guessing Seattle lands Cameron Wake this next offseason.

Cameron Wake? He's 32. I dunno. Carroll and Schneider typically don't like the older free agents.

Wake would be a downgrade from Avril, IMHO.

lukerguy

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Cliff, he's just not big or good enough to play LEO. Put him back as a fresh situational rusher.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Why couldn't we move up to draft Aaron Donald?? He is looking like a possessed beast already as a rookie. He was chasing even the receivers today.

HawkWow

Reaction score
lukerguy":3cbsun59 said:
There's nothing wrong with Cliff, he's just not big or good enough to play LEO. Put him back as a fresh situational rusher.

Agreed, and he's been big for us in that role, but I don't see us re-signing him at his current rate of pay.