Fisher should call fake FG on 1st downs (we'd fall for it)

nanomoz

Reaction score
(Or fake punt.) I'm pretty sure it's the third time the Rams have nailed us with a fake in three years.

Absolutely inexcusable to not play it safe there.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At some point they will realize you only need to be in base defense on a punt if you don't have a chance at a return.

Maybe seven years from now.

Either way, it wouldn't have mattered because we would have lost to other teams along the way anyway.

You cannot count on the defense. They gutted it, and the rest is injured.

Special teams won some games last year, I guess they are focused on giving it back.

rjdriver

Reaction score
The way RW was moving the ball, the punt return was of zero consequence. You have to put priority on just getting the ball back and letting the hot hand move you a few yards into FG range.

OP
OP
nanomoz

nanomoz

Reaction score
rjdriver":21kbm6bs said:
The way RW was moving the ball, the punt return was of zero consequence. You have to put priority on just getting the ball back and letting the hot hand move you a few yards into FG range.

This is absolutely right. How you even risk on losing from fake punt to a team that's pulled off fakes a couple of times recently blows my mind.

It reeks of absolute incompetence and a lack of awareness. "OH! OH! We stopped them on 3rd down! We get the ball back!"

OP
OP
nanomoz

nanomoz

Reaction score
Mods: any chance these three threads can be combined (with the "learning disability" title)?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99169

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99150

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99168

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
stupid-idiot-gif.gif

Don't know how they let them get away with that crap year after year, haha.

Hell, they got duped bad TWICE that game. Silly.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
How in the world do we come out of a timeout without coaches in EVERY GUY'S FACE repeating like an enlightenment-attaining mantra: WATCH THE FAKE! WATCH THE FAKE! WATCH THE FAKE!

???

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Who watching at home DIDN'T scream "watch out for the effing fake" on that call!!! That one really hurt. JEEZE!

el capitan

Reaction score
To be fair Jeff Fisher's only called 27 fake punts in his coaching career

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Guess this coaching staff needs to always compete. These mistakes have been here all through Pete's tenure.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seriously, I said after the last fake: I'm surprised the Rams don't call a trick play on every Special Teams play. They would convert it every single time.