Offense played great, defense and ST stank

kmedic

Reaction score
If you want to be a championship team, you can't be giving up 25-30 points per game. It's happened in all our losses this year and it points directly to a flawed defense. In my opinion, special teams is a direct offshoot of defense, so they go hand in hand. Three ST blunders today and in general, another bad defensive outing on third down. Very surprising, since defense first has always been Pete's philosophy. I'm very curious as to how the Pete Carroll the supposed defensive guru is going to fix this major issue.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't miss Percy Harvin one bit. I have NO DOUBT that RW and our offense would have scored if we had gotten the ball back at the end of the game. Same bad holding calls IMO on the O-line but for the most part I thought they played admirably considering we were playing with back ups at C, TE, and FB.

As for the defense, once again NO sacks, little production from Avril or Bennett, no hits on any of our blitzes, missed tackles by our LB's, and horrible play by Burley. That guy is a major liability by the way. Simon looks more the part but some really stupid penalties on him considering it was his debut. You'd think he'd play smarter.

SIGH (and frustrated)

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Lack of pass rush and right-side DBs is killing this defense.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Reaneypark":3kt3hfmv said:
Lack of pass rush and right-side DBs is killing this defense.

How many times did whiff on the QB or nearly shoestring tackle him only to have him complete a pass ala Romo with 3rd and 20. Excruciating...

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Defense played fine for the road. They only gave up 270 yards. Definitely good enough to win. 2 of the scores were mostly or all on the special teams.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
As far as stink, ST was a skunk getting a perm in a New Orleans sewer while wearing a dirty diaper.

D was past-due milk that you might still risk one last good swig out of. Not fresh, but certainly not rancid.

and O line was mostly a flaming bag of dog poop.

Anthony!

Reaction score
marko358":mykvod97 said:
Offense played good for one half against a terrible team.

Agreed right after they got past the scripted plays, this happens a lot the scripted play thing holds the offense back to much and with this line that is not good.

firebee

Reaction score
If you think our offense played well, you didn't watch the first half of the game. Our O-Line needs to get their crap together. Our skill players played extremely well today, but that's a moot point if our offensive line lets the entire front 7 get in the backfield before Wilson and Lynch can even make a read.

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
Smellyman":3ks56v7l said:
offense did not play great. Luckily RW is the QB

25 first downs

463 total yards

177 yards rushing

RW 313 passing yards

No turnovers

The offense didn't play well??

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
firebee":35tclmra said:
If you think our offense played well, you didn't watch the first half of the game. Our O-Line needs to get their crap together. Our skill players played extremely well today, but that's a moot point if our offensive line lets the entire front 7 get in the backfield before Wilson and Lynch can even make a read.

You can't expect the offense to steam roll over an opponent for 4 quarters. We put up 26 points and I have no doubt they would have scored again even if they had 30 more seconds. Today's game was lost on defense and ST.