Officially resetting expectations

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
After today, this team has shown me that who they were in 2013 is M.I.A. Now I know there is roster turnover and we got new faces but the core remains.

I am officially putting 2013 in the scrapbook and closing it. We have to considering resetting our expectations of this team. The dynasty talk can take a flying leap For what its worth. What we are seeing is not a super bowl caliber team this season.

We are watching a team battle for a potential wildcard berth. If you put that into perspective you know every game will be a struggle and nothing is automatic like it was last year. This team can be beaten by anyone right now we have to face that realization. They could get hot at some point though that is highly unlikely. What I am seeing is all the classic markings of a downward spiral starting.

This team is damaged mentally. Our defense cannot be trusted to get the job done at any point. I don't even want to hear the word defending champs anymore. I am proud of last year it was amazing. However in order to not go crazy we need to be real and know this team is not dominant in any phase this year.

I hope this helps others keep things logical and here is to hoping the hawks can prove to us all that they are not falling down and will stay there

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I expect 10-6 or 9-7, but will be pleasantly surprised with 11-5 or 12-4.

W @ Carolina
W vs Oakland
W vs New York
L @Kansas City
W vs Arizona
L @ San Francisco
L @ Philadelphia
W vs San Francisco
W @ Arizona
W vs St. Louis

We would finish with a 10-6 record and likely finish 2nd in the NFC West. If we can pull off the W at SF then we could be 11-5 and hold the tie breaker for the division.

el capitan

Reaction score
I'm tired of resetting my expectations, I've had to do it three times already this year.

Abach

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1jiq8m8s said:
I expect 10-6 or 9-7, but will be pleasantly surprised with 11-5 or 12-4.

W @ Carolina
W vs Oakland
W vs New York
L @Kansas City
W vs Arizona
L @ San Francisco
L @ Philadelphia
W vs San Francisco
W @ Arizona
W vs St. Louis

We would finish with a 10-6 record and likely finish 2nd in the NFC West. If we can pull off the W at SF then we could be 11-5 and hold the tie breaker for the division.

I don't see us going 3-3 in the division. Also don't see us beating the panthers next week. 8-8

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Everybody panic. Let's be like all those other fan bases and implode after 6 games. Let's forget that it wasn't even two full season ago that we turned 6-5 into 11-5 and nearly a trip to the Championship game.

There are some major concerns, sure. Penalties, defensive intensity, turnover margin, offensive weapons, OL play. But, I think it's too soon to panic.

Let's see how this whole thing shakes up. We'll get a better picture after tonight's 9ers/Broncos game and in the next several weeks to come.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
indyhawk1984":22emw73r said:
After today, this team has shown me that who they were in 2013 is M.I.A. Now I know there is roster turnover and we got new faces but the core remains.

I am officially putting 2013 in the scrapbook and closing it. We have to considering resetting our expectations of this team. The dynasty talk can take a flying @#@&*! For what its worth. What we are seeing is not a super bowl caliber team this season.

We are watching a team battle for a potential wildcard berth. If you put that into perspective you know every game will be a struggle and nothing is automatic like it was last year. This team can be beaten by anyone right now we have to face that realization. They could get hot at some point though that is highly unlikely. What I am seeing is all the classic markings of a downward spiral starting.

This team is damaged mentally. Our defense cannot be trusted to get the job done at any point. I don't even want to hear the word defending champs anymore. I am proud of last year it was amazing. However in order to not go crazy we need to be real and know this team is not dominant in any phase this year.

I hope this helps others keep things logical and here is to hoping the hawks can prove to us all that they are not falling down and will stay there

They can still be the 2012 type of Seahawks if not the 2013 Seahawks. That team won 11 games. SF is playing Denver tonight. Arizona lost to Denver and it wasn't even close. Lot of games still to be played. This team has shown it can be resilient the past two years.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
Don't think so...losing Giacomini, Clemons, Red etcetera. Has gutted both lines and wrecked the chemistry. ...hey, it happens. Team chemistry is a fragile thing...will take some
Time to rebuild it...back to the everyone competes philosophy in camp...

bmorepunk

Reaction score
My expectation this year was the hope that they would get a playoff berth. All that 16-0 and dynasty crap was pretty annoying. Week by week we'll see where they're at.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'm withholding my predictions until after next week. Carolina is going to be huge for this team.

hoxrox

Reaction score
MeanBlueGreen":2hxmcs7t said:
Don't think so...losing Giacomini, Clemons, Red etcetera. Has gutted both lines and wrecked the chemistry. ...hey, it happens. Team chemistry is a fragile thing...will take some
Time to rebuild it...back to the everyone competes philosophy in camp...

Yeap.

bandiger

Reaction score
Once you have your bonafide QB, building a playoff team is much easier to do. Invest in that O-line, hire a new O-line coach. Look at Chargers/Cowboys at the resurgence of both QBs on those teams, they had shit O-line for years till they actually drafted some blue-chip lineman.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I don't even think 10-6 right now.

L @ Carolina
W vs Oakland
W vs New York
L @ Kansas City
W vs Arizona
L @ San Francisco
L @ Philadelphia
W vs San Francisco
L @ Arizona
W vs St. Louis

8-8 and out of the playoffs.

ObePwnD

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":bd6ah696 said:
Everybody panic. Let's be like all those other fan bases and implode after 6 games. Let's forget that it wasn't even two full season ago that we turned 6-5 into 11-5 and nearly a trip to the Championship game.

There are some major concerns, sure. Penalties, defensive intensity, turnover margin, offensive weapons, OL play. But, I think it's too soon to panic.

Let's see how this whole thing shakes up. We'll get a better picture after tonight's 9ers/Broncos game and in the next several weeks to come.

All fan bases go through this thought process; it's human nature and this forum is no different.

Wagon12

Reaction score
el capitan":100mtgg5 said:
I'm tired of resetting my expectations, I've had to do it three times already this year.

lol..... pretty much right on...... this is poop!

Wisconsinhawk28

Reaction score
We are still winning the division. Arizona let a bad Wash and Oak team stay with them most of the game. They got pounded by Denver. While I agree Seattle still has some clean up to do, we play AZ and SF both twice yet and AZ has Phil, Dal and Det 3 of the next 4 weeks.

Biggest thing for me is this team needs to start creating turnovers. Great teams run the ball well, which we mostly do and win the turnover battle. We are not giving much up but need to get more.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sadly we are spotting AZ a big lead to have overcome which won't be easy with our schedule. Moving on in playoffs is far easier if you win your division, moving on as a wildcard is tough.

Something needs to happen in the locker room to get these guys playing together as a team. I hope that ditching Percy was the first step?

Still think 11-5 is possible.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
My preseason expectation was 12-4 +/- 1 in either direction.

I will say now it's 11-5 +/- in either direction, 12-4 being the absolute best record we can get at this point. I just can't fathom of the Hawks going the rest of the season without at least 1 more loss especially with this schedule.

Sadly 11-5 will not win this division, and could quite possibly still miss playoffs depending on how the conference plays out. 10-6 is not gonna make it.