A lot of positives from this game

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks lost but they were within winning another game. Playing the Rams in St. Louis is always tough. They got down early but made an amazing comeback it fell short. Wilson threw for 313 yards folks and ran for another 106. Lynch got 18 carries for 53 yards. So they were feeding the ball to the Beast. Baldwin got 7 catches for 123 yards. The first 100+ yard game by Seahawk receiver this season. The defense only gave up 272 yards total to the Rams. They dominated the Rams in the 2nd half. If not for a few stellar ST plays by the Rams, the Seahawks would have won and won easily. 3-3 after six games is not bad. The last two days have been a major distraction. It showed early. It was also the first early game for the Seahawks. Another early game next week, I have a feeling the Seahawks will play better next week. Go Hawks!!!

Polaris

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm seeing nothing positive about what happened today. Maybe in a few weeks I might, but not right now. Right now the Seahawks are Mediocre to quote a certain world famous cornerback.

Abach

Reaction score
hawkfan68":h7mlg6q8 said:
Seahawks lost but they were within winning another game. Playing the Rams in St. Louis is always tough. They got down early but made an amazing comeback it fell short. Wilson threw for 313 yards folks and ran for another 106. Lynch got 18 carries for 53 yards. So they were feeding the ballto the Beast. Baldwin got 7 catches for 123 yards. The first 100+ yard game by Seahawk receiver this season. The defense only gave up 272 yards total to the Rams. They dominated the Rams in the 2nd half. If not for a few stellar ST plays by the Rams, the Seahawks would have won and won easily. 3-3 after six games is not bad. The last two days has been a major distraction. It showed early. It was also the first early game for the Seahawks. Another early game next week, I have a feeling the Seahawks will play better next week. Go Hawks!!!

We always have a feeling that our hawks will play better the next week. Truth is they haven't. It's okay to realize that we are a fringe borderline playoff team. We're just not dominant at anything this year, which won't carry anyone far in the NFL. Case in point is the 49ers smacking the Rams' ass last week on the road. We didn't do that today, or come close. Truth hurts, but 49ers > Cards > Rams > Seahawks ... Don't agree with me? Then prove me wrong.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well one positive.

I am positive they won't be winning a SB this year.

Or beating SF, likely not the Eagles either.

But I watched those 2-14 Seahawks with Dennis as the coach. So it is just a matter of perspective. We had our time on stage, now someone else is going to get theirs.

We have some really good players on our team. We have great players. We just don't have a great team. We have a very good team with some huge massive gaps. Many of which are attributable to the gutting of the team because of money Harvin was going to cost (Clemons, Red, etc.) and many are just a tendency to think we can pull guys off the UDFA list and or get 56th tier FAs to man the OL.

I have to vent. It is frustrating but it was also kind of expected. They have some pieces and can come back next year, maybe they can take the crown from SF like SF took it from them this year?

Chawks1

Reaction score
Abach":r9mvuzhq said:
hawkfan68":r9mvuzhq said:
Seahawks lost but they were within winning another game. Playing the Rams in St. Louis is always tough. They got down early but made an amazing comeback it fell short. Wilson threw for 313 yards folks and ran for another 106. Lynch got 18 carries for 53 yards. So they were feeding the ballto the Beast. Baldwin got 7 catches for 123 yards. The first 100+ yard game by Seahawk receiver this season. The defense only gave up 272 yards total to the Rams. They dominated the Rams in the 2nd half. If not for a few stellar ST plays by the Rams, the Seahawks would have won and won easily. 3-3 after six games is not bad. The last two days has been a major distraction. It showed early. It was also the first early game for the Seahawks. Another early game next week, I have a feeling the Seahawks will play better next week. Go Hawks!!!

We always have a feeling that our hawks will play better the next week. Truth is they haven't. It's okay to realize that we are a fringe borderline playoff team. We're just not dominant at anything this year, which won't carry anyone far in the NFL. Case in point is the 49ers smacking the Rams' ass last week on the road. We didn't do that today, or come close. Truth hurts, but 49ers > Cards > Rams > Seahawks ... Don't agree with me? Then prove me wrong.

I agree. The D has never gotten going this year. That is how we won the close games last yaer, Big plays at big moments. The lack of sacks, turnovers and big hits is really hurting us this year. That is how we will turn this season around. With the Rams beating us today we are effectively worse than they are. No one can argue differently. Painful to say and painful to watch.

endzorn

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3moajr6m said:
Well one positive.

I am positive they won't be winning a SB this year.

Or beating SF, likely not the Eagles either.

But I watched those 2-14 Seahawks with Dennis as the coach. So it is just a matter of perspective. We had our time on stage, now someone else is going to get theirs.

We have some really good players on our team. We have great players. We just don't have a great team. We have a very good team with some huge massive gaps. Many of which are attributable to the gutting of the team because of money Harvin was going to cost (Clemons, Red, etc.) and many are just a tendency to think we can pull guys off the UDFA list and or get 56th tier FAs to man the OL.

I have to vent. It is frustrating but it was also kind of expected. They have some pieces and can come back next year, maybe they can take the crown from SF like SF took it from them this year?
Dennis coaches the 2-14 team. He looked a lot different that year.

bandiger

Reaction score
Not much of a positive when the 49ers basically owned this team in the second half while our own defense/special teams couldn't do shit to win this game despite the QB doing all he can to change it.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bandiger":n3ekqifx said:
Not much of a positive when the 49ers basically owned this team in the second half while our own defense/special teams couldn't do shit to win this game despite the QB doing all he can to change it.

True. But the 49ers weren't down by 18 points either. 49ers played a night game not an early west coast morning (time wise) game. The difference in this game is the failed 2 point conversion (points wise) and special teams. The Seahawks outscored the Rams 20 - 7 in the second half.