Now that I have downed a beer and calmed down...

sturg78

Reaction score
I think this could be a good thing. LOSING is never good, but the changes that come from it can be. Let's be honest, this is as low as we have been for awhile, record aside. Harvin being a bully, losing a game against a divisional opponent due to trickery and ineptitude, our QB being beatin to the point of actually expressing emotion. It is bad.

Those things aside, there are some positives. I saw men being turned to leaders. Leaders this team needs. Russell talking to people in a non robot way, Earl getting Lynchs mind right after the bazillionth bs holding call, ADB being productively angry Doug Baldwin. This team bought into its own hype and got punched in the mouth for it and that beating may have tempered the iron.

The media will be against us again and the refs are not going to be giving us any breaks. It will be them against the world soon and we all know how that worked out last time.

Bandwagon fans will fall and tried and true fans will raise their voices in their stead. Talent has begun to emerge from the injury graveyard we were forced into with potentially our BB replacement giving the hard nose attitude to opposing receivers. Bevel is forced to feed the beast and the beast is starting to get angry and even the most paid off ref can't take all of his yards away. ADB has a new chip: to make us all say Percy Who?

Today stung. A lot. Victory was dangled and removed multiple times in front of our face and the Cards and the 9ers have jumped ahead. Things are starting to pile up against us but the heart and motto of the team is going to flourish... We all We got, We all We need.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Was that a long way of saying, "we needed a wakeup call?"

San Diego and Dallas should have been all they needed. . That said, you make a lot of reasonable points, especially about new leaders emerging.

I look forward to cheaper tickets as the bandwagoners start bailing.

SoCalHawk

Reaction score
Awesome post. Great points. I disagree about the "wake up call" part, as last week should have done it. But clearly this team is reverting in the direction of its old identity. That is only a good thing. Too much media hype, etc, and the chip on the shoulder goes away. We need people to dismiss us. Then the party starts.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am more optimistic about the Offense now. That 2nd half offense was what we've been waiting to see all year.

The slow start could be chalked up to the 10am start. This was our first one this year and we always start out slow offensively in those games. Once they woke up, we saw what the Offense could do EVEN WITH all the injuries.

kmedic

Reaction score
This defense reminds me of the 2012 defense. Very poor on third down and very poor late in close games. We went 11-5 that year but no one really cared about us then, plus it was a much softer schedule. I don't see us getting more than 9 or 10 wins this year realistically and maybe a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs. It is ironic IMO that this team won't repeat not because the offense couldn't hold its own (even with the loss of Percy Harvin) but because the vaunted defense and Legion of Boom took a major step backwards.

endzorn

Reaction score
How many times will we say a loss is a good thing? 8? This team is average right now. Not saying it can't get turned around but I haven't seen any indication that this team is better than 9-7.

Jbo

Reaction score
minormillikin":3j9j49kg said:
Was that a long way of saying, "we needed a wakeup call?"

San Diego and Dallas should have been all they needed. . That said, you make a lot of reasonable points, especially about new leaders emerging.

I look forward to cheaper tickets as the bandwagoners start bailing.
Let me know when ticket prices start falling, I would love to fly out to Seattle for a game and hang out with some of the .net forum members!!

OP
OP
sturg78

sturg78

Reaction score
endzorn":14g1udqd said:
How many times will we say a loss is a good thing? 8? This team is average right now. Not saying it can't get turned around but I haven't seen any indication that this team is better than 9-7.
You could argue that losing to a good cowboys and good chargers team with the percy distraction could leave a little wiggle room in the players mind excuse wise. Percy has been purged and we got beat by a bad team. Doesn't get more clear then that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is very exciting how many of these wake up calls the team needs.

Do we have the football equivalent of a snooze alarm then? Or do they just really like napping during the season?

We had wake up calls. This was a game that was lost because the coaches failed to prepare (likely because of the Harvin distraction which makes me wonder if we even should have traded him away...given the distraction THAT caused).

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3a45w1a3 said:
I am more optimistic about the Offense now. That 2nd half offense was what we've been waiting to see all year.

The slow start could be chalked up to the 10am start. This was our first one this year and we always start out slow offensively in those games. Once they woke up, we saw what the Offense could do EVEN WITH all the injuries.

Chalking the slow start up to, in part, rookies being part of the gameplan and return to Seahawks brand of offense after several weeks of trying to force Harvin in. Seems presence of Harvin created some bad chemistry from the get go.

hawk45

Reaction score
Spinning pukeworthy losses as good things is so last week.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Well done. I still have hard time even giving any credit to the offence. To me it was just the Rams being bad and letting us drive downfield as we liked...

I dont want to rationalize this as anything good. Yet.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
endzorn":2bvyql1m said:

This. The team had a wake up call last week too. Enough spinning losses into a good thing. This team is mediocre. The offense finally looked decent and then the defense turned to crap. If we miss the playoffs this year it is our defense's fault. This season feels like 2012 all over again. Especially the losing to inferior teams part.

sam1313

Reaction score
In 2012 we started 4-4. We have some issues, but we played a dynamite second half. This team isn't done yet.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkFan72":39ddwe0o said:

The slow start is the scripted plays that hardly ever work

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I hope they are wide ass awake because 10-6 might not be good enough for the playoffs this year in the NFC West and we can't dig ourselves a big hole before the season is halfway over.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I feel better going forward after this loss than I did after the wins against Dallas and Washington.

For the first time this year, we saw a return to Seahawks football (once we pulled our heads out of our <not outside the shack> )

Yes we got fooled on special teams and yes we are going to need a lot of help to get to the playoffs, but I think we saw the the re-emergence of Wilson as the team leader and a return to Seahawks football for the first time this year.

I think the distraction of Harvin played heavily into our slow start. We certainly need to get healthy on defense and get some pressure, but for the first time in a long time Wilson had an occasional pocket and time. The O-line is getting better and Wilson is playing with more confidence.

We looked way better than we did in the wins against the NFCE and I actually feel better about this team going forward.

Go Hawks.

-bsd

Anthony!

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2cm3p9cz said:
I feel better going forward after this loss than I did after the wins against Dallas and Washington.

For the first time this year, we saw a return to Seahawks football (once we pulled our heads out of our <not outside the shack> )

Yes we got fooled on special teams and yes we are going to need a lot of help to get to the playoffs, but I think we saw the the re-emergence of Wilson as the team leader and a return to Seahawks football for the first time this year.

I think the distraction of Harvin played heavily into our slow start. We certainly need to get healthy on defense and get some pressure, but for the first time in a long time Wilson had an occasional pocket and time. The O-line is getting better and Wilson is playing with more confidence.

We looked way better than we did in the wins against the NFCE and I actually feel better about this team going forward.

Go Hawks.

-bsd

mostly agree but lets not kid ourselves the oline sucks and we really need a #1 Wr and big target. I am hoping Norwood will be the big target but he only had 1 throw today which he caught and it was big so who knows. We also need our Defense to step up. You score 26 on the road you should win

Latest posts