As I see it,.........that's our 3 losses this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
I agree there's no reason to panic. But, I'm not quite as optimistic as you. There are some definite concerns to consider. OL play has been bad. Turnover rate is abysmal compared to last season. Rushing game inconsistent. Pass rush lacking...

All said. I still think this team makes the playoffs at 10-6. Maybe 11-5 with some luck.

Polaris

Reaction score
I don't know, Maybe it's too soon to panic, but I am officially reserving a spot on the ledge. The Rams are a BAD team. Let's not mince words and Seattle has played poorly for three straight games. San Fran is playing well....and we still have five division games to go including two vs San Fran and we'll probably lose at least one of those, and we need to play Philly as well and right now we lose that one as well (it's in Philly).

Not seeing much reason to be optimistic right now.

droop828

Reaction score
I think we may lose 2 or 3 more but make the playoffs. This team will get hot and get on a roll at some point. There is too much talent on this team not to. Just a lot of things going against us right now.

Jville

Reaction score
Paschtorian":1jx50262 said:
....to equal last year's loss total.

I (for one) am NOT worried.

That's the spirit!

Our offense rediscovered itself.

The defense will readjust and get healthier.

And, special teams will rebound from the biggest wake up call in many many years.

Go Hawks!

themunn

Reaction score
Polaris":3nboiw0t said:
I don't know, Maybe it's too soon to panic, but I am officially reserving a spot on the ledge. The Rams are a BAD team.

Almost had a massive comeback to beat the Eagles and dropped 21 point and 14 point leads to the Cowboys and Niners - almost did the same today against us with an 18 point lead.

That's arguably the 4 best teams in the NFC that they've had good spells against, they just need to complete games. Crazy to think they're a "BAD" team

Steve2222

Reaction score
droop828":vlyz8kzo said:
I think we may lose 2 or 3 more but make the playoffs. This team will get hot and get on a roll at some point. There is too much talent on this team not to. Just a lot of things going against us right now.

The catch is there's not that much talent on the team. Just look at the offense outside of Wilson and Lynch.

By far the worst OL in the league. It's historically bad.

Miller and Willson who aren't world beaters in their own right are out for a substantial amount of time.

Wagoners probably gone for 6-8 weeks
Kam is obviously nowhere near 100%
Outside of Sherm, our CBs are camp fodder

This is legitimately a 7-8 win team were currently looking at. Cold hard truth.

However, there is hope. Russell Wilson is an absolute baller.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
In Schneider and Carroll we trust,............

.............come on,.........REALLY,...........it's "next man up" time,....

....and I'll take Schneider's judgement over ANYBODY,...........ANY day.

This team can muster a "full" season (I guarantee) with the "deepest roster in the NFL".

I s%#t you (not).

Rainger

Reaction score
If we make 10 & 6 it will be a great. But we are looking like a 9 and 7 team. The o line just does not know how to pass block. Yea I know there are injuries. The D is not the same as last year. Be prepared for 3 maybe 4 more losses unfortunately.

chet380

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":1l7oxx6t said:
I agree there's no reason to panic. But, I'm not quite as optimistic as you. There are some definite concerns to consider. OL play has been bad. Turnover rate is abysmal compared to last season. Rushing game inconsistent. Pass rush lacking...

All said. I still think this team makes the playoffs at 10-6. Maybe 11-5 with some luck.

10 - 6 -- not likely: SF, Philly and Ariz on the road. If those are losses, we have to run the table at home.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So you honestly think we can beat SF? On the road?

Or even SF at home?

Or Philly?

We MIGHT be able to beat Carolina and even that looks iffy.

This is a team that is going to have more losses. There is no way you can see this pass defense and think it isn't going to lose more games.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The #1 issue in all our games is our D-Line and pass rush not getting home in crucial situations.
Chris Clemons & Tony McDaniel are the most obvious missing pieces. We simply aren't getting pressure, and when we do, we let the QB escape. Romo last week, Austin Davis this week. Malcolm has him, then suddenly he doesn't.
Save thing with Philip Rivers.

With every other weakness this year, but with last year's pass rush, we are 6-0 right now.

Polaris

Reaction score
themunn":z8ohw9u3 said:
Polaris":z8ohw9u3 said:
I don't know, Maybe it's too soon to panic, but I am officially reserving a spot on the ledge. The Rams are a BAD team.

Almost had a massive comeback to beat the Eagles and dropped 21 point and 14 point leads to the Cowboys and Niners - almost did the same today against us with an 18 point lead.

That's arguably the 4 best teams in the NFC that they've had good spells against, they just need to complete games. Crazy to think they're a "BAD" team

Look up St Louis' DVOA. They are a bad team.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
You know,........

......I can smell a "Bandwagoneer"-at-100-paces,............

......and this is just sad.

Really?.............

............we are the defending World Champions.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Don't call them the "Defending SuperBowl Champions".

Call them Last Year's SuperBowl Champions or Former SuperBowl Champions or even Previous SuperBowl Champions.

There are a lot of things you can call the Seahawks.

"Defending" is not one of them.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I have been a Hawk fan since 78' and held season tickets for 8 seasons so there is no way I am a bandwagon fan. And right now we pretty much suck. I think that except for maybe a game or two this season so far we have looked bad, very bad.

The Oline and defense (including the secondary) are just not putting it together. I don't think anyone could possibly compare this year's team to last year's.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Like I said,..... sadness.

I've never see so many "bailers" since Kelly Stouffer and Dan McQuire were the "future of the Seahawks' franchise".

Status
Not open for further replies.