I hope the FO/head coach are done

Hawkfish

Reaction score
with 'tilt the playing field' skill positions. Time to start building this team up again from front to back. Need impact offensive and defensive LINE players.

Time to move on from Carpenter, Okung, Avril, and the like. Use that money for better, younger players.

Abach

Reaction score
Hawkfish":2aahhnff said:
with 'tilt the playing field' skill positions. Time to start building this team up again from front to back. Need impact offensive and defensive LINE players.

Time to move on from Carpenter, Okung, Avril, and the like. Use that money for better, younger players.

I agree 100%.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Two seasons ago Phil Rivers was just about run out of the NFL. The Bolts new GM did just as you have suggested and they have turned things around. We need to draft LT, inside pass rush, and center and every one knows it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Agree. We've got our tilt the field player in Wilson. That's all we need. Time to get back to basics at the other positions and get some traditional talent.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Most here loved the original Harvin deal and were clamoring for the Seahawks to burn a 1st rounder on a WR this year. Building an NFL roster is tough.

Yes, we do need better talent in the trenches. Paul Richardson also looks good.

hawk45

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2quwziek said:
Most here loved the original Harvin deal and were clamoring for the Seahawks to burn a 1st rounder on a WR this year. Building an NFL roster is tough.

There has been a chorus of fans pleading for OL help for years. That has been a consistent refrain.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Honest question that might sound a little silly. Am I the only one who read the title as if this was a fire Pete Carroll/John Schneider thread?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The Harvin trade will haunt this team.

Stopped them potentially keeping hold of Tate, McDonald, Bryant, Clemons etc.

Robbed them of two cheap potential starters with a first an third.

Forced them (because they lost Tate) to look at similar wide outs early this year.

It's OK saying they need to rebuild the trenches now... but there are other possible needs too. Corner certainly. Wide out maybe... Richardson and Norwood have to prove themselves, Kearse is a prospective free agent.

Lot's of need areas. Good job they have a ton of picks coming and some cap room.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawk45":1qrzco5i said:
DavidSeven":1qrzco5i said:

There has been a chorus of fans pleading for OL help for years. That has been a consistent refrain.

I also wanted OL with the first pick. They used their second. Not bad. Britt looks okay. People weren't expecting Max to get hurt and for Okung to look like a shell of himself. No pick in the late 1st round would've addressed those issues.

Let's not pretend the vast majority of this fanbase hasn't been screaming for WRs over the last two years.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Purchasing flashy wheels is a cool luxury. Even cooler if you actually own a car.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Who should we have drafted then?

Who were people calling for in 2013 and 2014 that would dramatically improve this offensive line?

Seattle is fielding a top ten pick, a top-25 pick and two second round picks on its offensive line.

Simply spending high draft picks on the OL isn't the answer.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
But the problem is that you usually do not build sustainable models by bringing in the problems from other organizations and expecting you can fix them.

There is no pretty enough for crazy. You have to sometimes be aware that sometimes when someone that seems amazing is available there is a REASON they are available.

Bringing lazy, low work ethic people into an organization runs a large risk of introducing that behavior into the organization in a way that it spreads or creates friction. BOTH of those happened with Harvin.

Harvin was lazy, a liar, and a fraud. Don't be shocked if you find that this behavior vanishes when getting rid of one cockroach. Cockroaches tend to multiply, so do bad attitudes.

Worse, we lost almost all the leadership from last year - so there is nobody to right the ship.

HawkWow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1wykwzqc said:
hawk45":1wykwzqc said:
DavidSeven":1wykwzqc said:

I also wanted OL with the first pick. They used their second. Not bad. Britt looks okay. People weren't expecting Max to get hurt and for Okung to look like a shell of himself. No pick in the late 1st round would've addressed those issues.

Let's not pretend the vast majority of this fanbase hasn't been screaming for WRs over the last two years.

Agreed. And this why the vast majority seldom agree with my posts and I will start changing my perspectives when they do.

Perhaps the oldest football related adage: "the game is won and lost in the trenches" still rings true. it was that mentality that won Pete a Natty. Watching Wilson get hammered (in Stl, etc) last year should have been all the FO, or anyone, needed to see to fully understand the importance of OL over WR.

Putting this into perspective, I do now understand why the FO felt they needed a new Harvin, but still, you don't put the cart before the horse. Richardson should be a nice complement, but we were also more than fine with the WRs we had.

HawkWow

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":35829veh said:
Who should we have drafted then?

Who were people calling for in 2013 and 2014 that would dramatically improve this offensive line?

Seattle is fielding a top ten pick, a top-25 pick and two second round picks on its offensive line.

Simply spending high draft picks on the OL isn't the answer.

Right. Sometimes good coaching is also required.

themunn

Reaction score
I thought the O-Line played well against Dallas and again played well in the second half against the Rams.

We don't need talent, we need execution. They have shown flashes of it over the past couple of seasons. It's time to turn those flashes into sustained impact

hawk45

Reaction score
DavidSeven":8f9p3uj0 said:
hawk45":8f9p3uj0 said:
DavidSeven":8f9p3uj0 said:

The majority have been wondering wtf we have been doing with luxury skill position picks when the OL has been a position of need. After Harvin there was no tidal wave of sentiment to draft WR.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
We just need to reload this offseason with some defensive lineman depth. Percy Harvin cost us depth.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
themunn":2037go92 said:
I thought the O-Line played well against Dallas and again played well in the second half against the Rams.

We don't need talent, we need execution. They have shown flashes of it over the past couple of seasons. It's time to turn those flashes into sustained impact
Disagree, I want a lot of O lineman drafted next year. Your QB shouldn't have to run for his life every play.