I think the real problem is...

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Inability to reliably stop or slow the run. Our offense can roll, our pass rush can still work and we still got a great secondary. All that said if you can't shut down the run, you can't force the kind of passing game our D thrives on, and we lose. Now our offense can step up a notch or we can fix that, but unless one or both happen, we are going nowhere this year. I think it's a make or break loss, the guys can use it to fuel an awesome end and playoff run, or they can let it take us into mediocrity, but I have a lot of faith in Pete's ability to fuel their fire.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Run defense isn't this team's problem, it's pass defense. They aren't getting the sacks and turnovers like they did last year and opposing QBs are carving us up.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I think teams have figured out our defense a bit and are adjusting . It seams the middle of our defense it routinely open .

northseahawk

Reaction score
Remember when we were the best Running defense a couple weeks ago?? That was the most fraud stat ever!

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
That plays into exactly what I just said. Teams run on us when they need to run, they are not forced to rely as heavily on the pass game, and the QB can be more selective about throwing. When you stop the run as an option you force a team into passing more than they are comfortable with, and a D like ours is built to capitalize on it, but it starts with the run stopping that we aren't getting done.

kmedic

Reaction score
Disagree to an extent. We're still forcing a lot of passing third down situations but we're not getting off the field. I'm seeing QBs with a lot of time to throw in these situations. There is no pass rush, specifically up the middle. I think the biggest loss of from last season has been Clinton McDonald.

sam1313

Reaction score
Seriously? The Rams had 101 yards total rushing. 150 yards of passing. Well under 300 yards of total offense. What the hell do you expect from our defense? One of the Rams touchdowns was on special teams, and the other was on a very short field after a 75 yard kick return.

Could we have played better? Sure, but I thought the D stepped up pretty well.

irocdave

Reaction score
Reasons we lost are many. Players getting paid, draft picks that are reaches and luxuries when you have most your players on cheap rookie deals and not addressing weaknesses (left tackle..) all the drama in the locker room, piss poor play calling last week, RW not performing well consistently ( horrible first half by RW) and Jeff F^&&*&#( trolling the Hawks again and the players falling for it again).

Every person on this board clamoring about RW being elite and thinking he is worth 20 + million a year, get used to this type team build. He has yet to prove he can consistently get it done as a legit passing first NFL QB. Paul R is supposed to be the fastest guy on the team yet he had to go to the ground to catch his first two passes. RW wasn't pressured and PR was open as you can get in the NFL consistently.

As I mentioned in other threads, the Hawks have a huge decision to make at the end of this year depending on what RW asks for. If he gets paid what he more than likely wants this teams fortune will ride on his shoulders with guys on their rookie deals and select high priced defensive players. Kinda like what we are seeing now.