well no one will convince me the offense didn't play better.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I guess no Harvin=Seahawks playing a vertical game.

ADB was 10 yards short of Harvin's production through 5 games.

No Bubble Screens I can remember, no jet sweeps

Seemed to move the ball when the o-line held their blocks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Called a couple screen passes but they were called at good times (when Rams were bringing heat up the middle) and they produced about 5 yards each time.

That's how they should be used: to evade pressure.

Not as Plan A.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The offense played much better. RW passed to many different receivers. Baldwin caught 7 for 123, Kearse had a couple, and Helfet had some key ones too. Richardson caught 4 passes for positive yards. All seemed to work nicely in the 2nd half. The 1st half was as abysmal as you can have.

drdiags

Reaction score
Was a more professional looking offense, even had a few shots into the middle of the field. Figured the Rams would not go without a sack and we didn't disappoint. No longer the hunted but rather just another guy needing to put up a consistent game week-in and week-out.

I am not shocked with the loss but I am disappointed to see the defense is starting to leak due to injuries and other issues. If the offense can keep up what they did today, at least it will not be so disjointed.

Offense looked better in the second half. The young WRs didn't handcuff the offense much and Michael made small positive yards. Something to build on.

hawk45

Reaction score
The offense did play better today. As far as whether it is something to build on, I have to reserve judgment.

The Rams had been preparing for a horizontal Percy Harvin game all week. Also, as we saw last year, the passing offense cannot succeed despite its o line, which is exactly what happened in the 2nd half. Even the running game mainly had success despite the line.

That's not sustainable. Like last year, teams will figure out we have no pocket passing game and Russell will just have to curl up into the fetal position for 3.5 quarters and then hope he can emerge for a pivotal play or two late in the game.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Ive said it from day 1, percy harvin is not a good football player and the percy harvin offense sucks.

Im just surprised it took so long for so many to realize it.

Until we traded harvin, most people on here were asking for MORE harvin. The "problem" was that we weren't using Harvin deep even though that's never been part of his game.

I hope more people start to fully understand what our offense is about and why someone like Harvin will never fit.

We needed another wr, and instead we added a rb/wr hybrid and ended up losing our best REAL wr (tate).

I'll take Bryan Walters over Harvin any day of the week and twice on Sunday

Seafan

Reaction score
I wasn't happy when the rumors about trading for PH were happening but I hoped Pete and JS knew what they were doing since Bevell was his OC. I'm sure all of them regret the trade and have learned something from it.

The play calling was better but there will always be problems with a short QB. Short QBs need tall WRs. Tate was no more the answer than Harvin. We will always have a gimmicky passing offense as long as RW is the QB and that means a long time. Of course the offense looks better when the receivers catch the passes that hit their hands. Receivers who can get open help RW that's why ADB should be the leading receiver. He's had his share of drops but he stepped it up today and he needs to continue that.

Leaving Helfet alone to block Quinn is stupid. The OL is beat up they are still making too many stupid mental errors too.

Pandionidae

Reaction score
O-line held up in the second half when the rams went prevent. When the Rams were in their normal defense the o-line looked like the crap they are and have been for the last three years. The defensive backfield isn't holding up because there isn't a pass rush. Austin's completion rate was ridicules. He was setting up back there and throwing to a spot in the zone. Our pass d is predicated on rushing the passer which we suck at without Red and company that had to be sacrificed to cover Harvins salary.