Some concerns some positives...

pehawk

Reaction score
The biggest take away from this game for me is that the Seahawks offense NEEDS the Zone Read mixed in. It just does, I think that's obvious.

I'm not sure what it does from a specific X's and O's standpoint, but in simple terms it loosens up apparent mismatches across the Oline in pass protection and the type of WR's the Seahawks starts. The WR, the OL (and sometimes even the QB) needs that extra second a threat of the ZR buys them.

On the line, I'm tired of hearing the whining about it, really. This is a running team that prefers wrestlers and grapplers over all else. They'll never be a great pass pro unit, and will ALWAYS need the benefit of illusion (be it play-action or zone read). Bitching about pass protection makes about as much sense about bitching about Wilson's height. Focus on pass protection and you get Mike Holmgren teams whose toughness doesn't travel (yes, 2005 excluded, but that was with two top 13 picks).

I think the Seahawks realized this today...and good things will come of it.

The defensive line really, really missed Marsh today in their pass rush. He doesn't get home, but his hustle would've broke someone else, IMO. That's a tough loss. Same goes for Hill. Bummer.

What more does Richardson have to do to get some more run? Dude is polished and seems just ready. What gives there? And, Christine Michael would've ABSOLUTELY destroyed it against the Rams today. Wiliams blitzes like Rainman with a headset, he stinks, any speed at all would've destroyed them. It was there, all day long. The stubbornness over young players is aggravating at times, but I don't know all the details.

Malcolm Smith was a flat liability today. He stunk on ice. Wow...just wow.

Last week Bevell's incompetence was inexcusable...this week its on Pete. I tip the cap on the Bailey PR for a TD. But how in the world are the Seahawks NOT in punt-safe in that situation? That's just, wow, wow, wow. Negligent all the way around.

Over all I'm not worried too much the team is 3-3 playing through brutal injuries at key spots. I believe Bevell may've given up on resume filling and we may see the Seahawks offense, as it should be, from here on out.

endzorn

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of this. There were things that could have been done differently that would have kept the game more manageable early without a doubt.

I'm definitely not in panic mode, I just think my expectations are lowered.

kmedic

Reaction score
Not too worried about the offense, they looked good today overall and will only get better IMO. Defense looked like the 2012 defense though. Average against the run, no pass rush, and horrible on third down. The lack of interior pass rush is the key IMO why this defense looks more like the 2012 defense and not 2013. Clinton McDonald could end up being the biggest loss of the offseason. Unfortunately, until we actually get better players, the problem won't get fixed (ie at least until next year).

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Bitter irony is Percy would've gone highlight reel today. That Rams defense is talented but run by the dude from half-life. And when I say "dude" I actually mean the cover for the game. The Rams have an inanimate object selecting "random blitz" every play. Even better put, Seahawks.net would combust if by some miracle Williams and Bevell we're our DC and OC. Each of them operate and call plays for games they're not even at.

I'm pretty sure Williams was calling blitzes for a 1999 Titans playoff game. I mean, it had the situational awareness of a hermit crab.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
kmedic":17wctz7p said:
Not too worried about the offense, they looked good today overall and will only get better IMO. Defense looked like the 2012 defense though. Average against the run, no pass rush, and horrible on third down. The lack of interior pass rush is the key IMO why this defense looks more like the 2012 defense and not 2013. Clinton McDonald could end up being the biggest loss of the offseason. Unfortunately, until we actually get better players, the problem won't get fixed (ie at least until next year).

Hill was playing very well. I mean the mouth breathers don't notice, but, he was.