ADB speaks on the Trade...

redeye81

Reaction score
I am not buying it. Sure the offense was better today against a bad team but our lack of pass rush is killing us. At some point Pete is going to have to realize we can't just rush 4 or 5 and get home. It sucks since that is his style of play but we don't have the rushers in base defense. We may need to get creative and that opens up to giving up big plays. Double edge sword. Austin Davis was their 4 string QB going into the season. How do we not rattle him?

davidonmi

Reaction score
We were outcoached by Jeff fisher, again. That's why we lost

HawkWow

Reaction score
redeye81":3shay130 said:
I am not buying it. Sure the offense was better today against a bad team but our lack of pass rush is killing us. At some point Pete is going to have to realize we can't just rush 4 or 5 and get home. It sucks since that is his style of play but we don't have the rushers in base defense. We may need to get creative and that opens up to giving up big plays. Double edge sword. Austin Davis was their 4 string QB going into the season. How do we not rattle him?

I could be wrong, but I think ADB was most referring to the offense. And reading between the lines, it looks to me like he's simply saying "the Harvin situation was a rollercoaster and we are better off now that the ride is over". Which should go without saying.

Not attempting to diminish your excellent post. We are in complete agreement on the D. SF managed to rattle Davis the whole 2nd half last week. Happy feet that we failed to see today.

gremlin

Reaction score
Does anybody think, with all the Harvin and Tate stuff coming to light, that Tate would still be here is Harvin had not punched him before the SB? Do you guys think that Tate thought that he couldn't deal with 4 more years of Harvin? So he bolted....

seabowl

Reaction score
gremlin":6b4rbq4s said:
Does anybody think, with all the Harvin and Tate stuff coming to light, that Tate would still be here is Harvin had not punched him before the SB? Do you guys think that Tate thought that he couldn't deal with 4 more years of Harvin? So he bolted....

Maybe Harvin punched Tate on the Mrs. Wilson rumor and we chose Harvin knowing he and Tate could not get along. Maybe?

gremlin

Reaction score
I guess Im not familiar with the Mrs Wilson rumor, but if your saying Tate was after Russels wife, then I guess maybe Russ should have punched him...

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
It kind of felt to me like it took a while for our O to get back in tune with the NFL style play calling after playing the college gimmick O for several games. Offense has a ton to do with rhythm and timing; and we seemed to be all out of whack. Once we got that straightened out, the O played much better and improved steadily as the game progressed.

kobebryant

Reaction score
gremlin":1yjzdcqp said:

No I don't. Tate was offered an opportunity to play for a pass heavy offense on a contract larger than what the Hawks were willing to match. Better opportunity + more money ; I think most of us would go for that. Rooting for him though, fun guy to watch play.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Considering we had just made a deal with the devil himself, we would have had too much money in the position to keep Tate. Similar to when our Sonics broke the bank on McIlvane instead of Kemp. Quite similar.