would our record be any different

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
So the Seahawks had been looking for trade partners for Harvin. It was pretty obvious based on today, that they were trying to showcase Harvin's talents to get people to bite. If we hadn't been playing so cute from the start of the season, would our record be any different or do you think our record would be the same?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The guy was pulling himself out of crucial plays late in two losses. Who even knows what kind of effort we were getting from him when he chose to play? I'm also pretty convinced that forcing Russell to involve him had a disruptive effect on his own rhythm, which carried over into the first half of this game.

Not making excuses, but the Harvin mess is a legit factor in how this season has turned out thus far. "Harvin Effect" indeed.

Nevertheless, I remain hopeful going forward.

Jville

Reaction score
The "Harvin Effect". It's a shame a trade wasn't arranged earlier in the season ....... like after the Oakland preseason game. Still ..... if the mistake serves as a powerful object lesson ..... maybe there will be a hidden return.

Steve2222

Reaction score
How does the Percy effect explain how shitty our defense has looked this year?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Remember when people were questioning why we drafted two wide receivers, then kept seven? I think Pete was looking at dumping PH all the way back at the draft. His only goal was to recoup as much as he could from the trade.

The scuffle in training camp with Doug Baldwin only confirmed for Pete and John what they needed to do. So they put him on display and the team, being very perceptive probably knew or suspected what was up.

I think you've got a great point DavidSeven as to it carrying over in to this game. We may have lost today, but we can take some positives from it and a team that will stick together now that the rot from the middle has been removed.

PEople can bemoan the fact that we gave up a lot in that trade, but we dumped this year's salary, and we still have the Lombardi. And we have our franchise QB.

With Russell at the helm, this team will only get stronger.

sc85sis

Reaction score
None of us knows the timeline involved for sure. It seems likely they've been trying to find a suitor for a while before their old buddy Idzik decided to take a flyer on Harvin (with the full knowledge of what he was inheriting on and off the field).

In the meantime they were trying to make the best of it. Russell reportedly wanted to keep trying to work with Percy, and I have no doubt Pete took that into account as well.

Whatever did or didn't happen, he's gone now. It's pretty obvious that Baldwin is relieved about that. I suspect he's not alone, or as someone on the Hawks radio crew said after the game, he doubted Percy would be getting too many Christmas cards from the Seahawks players.