Some bad luck but still a contender.....

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
As critical as we are (which is fine), we are a miraculous 3rd and 20 and some special teams blunders from being 5-1 (not to mention a couple of fumble recoveries from being 6-0). Not to say we should be satisfied with 3-3 or that the "what if?" 5-1 silver lining is enough but just to say, we have been in every game and some of the games that went our way last year (@Houston, @Carolina, @St. Louis) just didn't roll that way this year. Turnovers were a big part of those wins and we just don't seem to be getting the bounces (or making them for ourselves).

Regardless, I still see this team being at least 10-6 and in the play-offs, and if we do make it - who are you really scared of?

There isn't a team in the NFC we can't beat.

Moreover, though Percy robbed a ton of value from us, we still have a franchise QB and some major defensive pieces signed long term.

Lastly, nothing can be worse than the 2007-2010 stretch. Remember Jim Mora Jr.? Bleh....

Steve2222

Reaction score
Well playing the stupid what if game....were also a few plays away from being 1-5 as well.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You think we can beat SF?

A team in our own division? When we cannot beat the Rams, a team that could only beat one other team this year?

We aren't dead but I would not call us contenders.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was looking through how SB Champs fared the following season. The 2011 NY Giants finished 9-7 and 2012 Baltimore Ravens finished 8-8 the season after their Superbowl victories. Teams gear up to play their best against the defending world champs. The Seahawks are one of the youngest teams in the league, they are going through growing pains. While it's not ideal, it's better to deal with this while its relatively early in the season. Now they have to start playing better as the early card is now wearing out. It will be halfway through soon.

kearly

Reaction score
I think they need to win their next five straight before I put them back in the contender category. This is the soft part of their schedule, these are must win games.

The crazy thing is that I think they might just do it. The road game at KC is the only game in the next five that gives me bad vibes.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":350w208z said:

A team in our own division? When we cannot beat the Rams, a team that could only beat one other team this year?

They are quite many games to play before they face SF so it doesn't matter if they can beat them now. Who's to say they can't get back on track before they play SF or even Arizona? The Cards were 3-3 at this point last year too and they had an arguably easier schedule than the Seahawks have thus far. As long as they hold up against SF and Arizona, the division is still up for grabs. Last I checked a season isn't over after 6 games.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":dy9agr5m said:
I think they need to win their next five straight before I put them back in the contender category. This is the soft part of their schedule, these are must win games.

The crazy thing is that I think they might just do it. The road game at KC is the only game in the next five that gives me bad vibes.

If Muhammed himself was asked to craft a QB to face the Seahawks, he'd be hard pressed to build better than check-down, pocket sliding, Alex Smith. Smith's liable to finish; 28-32 for 142 yards.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Just fix the damn pass rush and we are probably 6-0.

what is a sack? what is a turnover. 6-0.

ps. I didn't know Austin Davis was an Elite qb...damn! :sarcasm_on:

davidonmi

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":38badd7e said:

What has SF done that makes them look so unbeatable. Just curious?

minormillikin

Reaction score
Steve2222":qroxawzv said:
Well playing the stupid what if game....were also a few plays away from being 1-5 as well.

I don't actually remember individual flukey plays at the end of Denver or Washington games that would have flipped wins to losses.

At least, nothing like the 3rd and 20,and the fake punt. On the third and 20, his foot was one blade of artificial grass from being out of bounds. And most coaches would not have called a fake punt so deep in their own territory.

Your 1-5 argument seems to be missing the op's point, or you're just overcome with cynicism today (which I totally get).