Bryan Walters

seabowl

Reaction score
I think Walters is a serviceable (not great) punt returner but as a kickoff returner I see no shot at him ever returning a kickoff for a TD or even long yardage. He is just not that fast or elusive. Why in the world doesn't Lockette return kicks? He looks to be a perfect fit for this. I would even try Paul Richardson out there too. Walters on KO's is just a wasted opportunity to change the field position in our favor. Thoughts?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
seabowl":103pkar0 said:
I think Walters is a serviceable (not great) punt returner but as a kickoff returner I see no shot at him ever returning a kickoff for a TD or even long yardage. He is just not that fast or elusive. Why in the world doesn't Lockette return kicks? He looks to be a perfect fit for this. I would even try Paul Richardson out there too. Walters on KO's is just a wasted opportunity to change the field position in our favor. Thoughts?

None of his returns amount to much punt or kickoffs. As long as he's back there, the Seahawks will always lose that battle. He got 10 yards on a punt return that Baldwin or Tate would have taken for at least 30+ yards.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
At least he wasn't involved in the offense other than returns...thankfully. Don't need his 1 yard catches.

redeye81

Reaction score
Walter is not NFL caliber.. i am sorry I wish he was.. We need to put someone else back there and use the roster spot for depth on DL.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Steve2222":9fzyl0z3 said:
dbsn2420":9fzyl0z3 said:
I guess you missed Walters return a kickoff for 6 against us a couple years ago on Monday Night Football while he played for SD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGzayJnYux0

Walters is just fine as long as he holds on to the ball!

When the hell have we played SD on MNF?

Are you talking preseason?

I believe you are correct that it was preseason. Hell even Whitehurst looks good in preseason.

He seems like a nice guy but Walters must go.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If they can't even trust Christine Michael in year two to return kicks with all his explosive potential... let's just call him a bust right now.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
They had a reading comprehension test between Bruce Irvin and Christine Michael.

The following (according to my sources) are the results;

Q: a train leaves Denver at 10:04 am traveling at a rate of 72 mph. What time does it arrive in Portland?

A: Irvin: I don't know dat, but when it get dare it better be goin to Seahawk.

A; Michael; will we have ketchup with our rabbits?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1013xlv1 said:
At least he wasn't involved in the offense other than returns...thankfully. Don't need his 1 yard catches.
LOL, At least he got some positive Yardage in that game, and to be fair?, Wilson dumped it off to him with a swarm of defenders standing right there, AND, here's the kicker....He had more positive Yardage than the highly touted and Talked up Percy Harvin did for that game.
But, I do agree that we really need to find someone to take his place, because he's just not cutting it.