Crazy pre-trade deadline idea

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Considering the state of the defense right now.. and the fact the Jaguars are relatively miserable.. would you offer a pick to the Jags to bring Chris Clemons back?

Exittium

Reaction score
i would offer a few picks for red and clemons... and i mean few picks + percy's money

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Before anyone suggests Vincent Jackson...

He's set to earn $12m every year until the end of 2016 and he turns 32 in January.

Great player, would be great in Seattle. But not at $12m per for the next three seasons.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
You should.change title to make this the official trade deadline thread.

I thought about the same thing but...

Cliff Avril + Gregg Scruggs + Conditional 4th Rounder* (TO JACKSONVILLE)

*4th Rounder turns into a 6th Rounder if JAX franchise tags or signs Avril after the season.

Seahawks get in return:

Red Bryant
Chris Clemons
Will Blackmon

D-Line:

LEO: Clemons, Schofield
3T: McDaniel, Hill
NT: Mebane, Williams
5T: Bryant, Bennett

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Gus Bradley is trying to win enough games this year to keep his job, so why would he potentially forfeit wins this year by dealing good players just to help out the Hawks? Only happens if the Jags GM overrules Gus.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle is getting QBs to move, the problem is finishing the deal.

Maybe as big a problem as any is that our only good blitzer on the team is injured. Seattle's blitzes have suuucked the past couple weeks in particular.

sam1313

Reaction score
It might also help if we used Irvin as Leo more. Give KPL playing time if that is what is necessary. Put Irvin back on the line.

pehawk

Reaction score
sam1313":2l047ibu said:
It might also help if we used Irvin as Leo more. Give KPL playing time if that is what is necessary. Put Irvin back on the line.

I'm with that. Smith played horrid today, absolutely horrid. KPL couldn't be worse.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
pehawk":7a5901z1 said:
sam1313":7a5901z1 said:

I'm with that. Smith played horrid today, absolutely horrid. KPL couldn't be worse.

Yes, he did. Think I saw 1 decent tackle when they ran right at him. Other than that it was, "Did you see frickin' Malcomb Smith on that play?"

Rat

Reaction score
The guy on that team I really want to trade for is Blackmon, although that doesn't help us right now, and I can't see our front office taking that kind of chance anyway.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":1raf366v said:
sam1313":1raf366v said:

He almost made up for it with that forced fumble at the end.. the one time I wish Earl was late getting to the carrier on the tackle.

But yeah.. the whiffed sack by Malcolm that Davis flipped to Kendricks basically gave them the yards for the fake punt.

KJ was arguably worse today than Malcolm though

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
The Bills have three good pass rushers in Hughes, Williams and Darreus, plus they've not got the greatest haul of draft picks. They might be the first place I'd go, just a shame they're 4-3.

In terms of other positions, I might also have a look at Arthur Brown at the Ravens. He's a linebacker (not a great need), but has some nice tools and was highly regarded coming out of the draft last year, I certainly wanted him. Apparently the Ravens are looking to get rid, and it's unlikely we'll be keeping both KJ and Malcolm if we sign Bobby.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'd rather trade for O-line players before bringing in any defense players.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3ko1g6yj said:
I'll be honest, I'd rather trade for O-line players before bringing in any defense players.

Not much out there though is there? Okung's probably the biggest issue, but it'll be hard to get a serviceable LT before next Tuesday.

Other than that it just seems to be injuries/coaching. Unger's a massive loss, I've come to appreciate him a lot more in his absence, we're clearly missing his ability to call the right protections as Carpenter and Sweezy have taken a step back since he's been out.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Yes, but I'd feel better trading for an O-lineman rather than drafting an offensive lineman. There's just too many variables with drafting Offensive Linemen. I'd rather trade for one with more experience. Our defense will be fine. They just got beat by some very good teams.

drrew

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ylwcb7s said:
Before anyone suggests Vincent Jackson...

He's set to earn $12m every year until the end of 2016 and he turns 32 in January.

Great player, would be great in Seattle. But not at $12m per for the next three seasons.

Part of that $12m is prorated signing bonus which wouldn't carry over to Seattle. The actual numbers would be a prorated amount of $10m this year and $9.78m in 2015 and 2016.

That's still too much money, but the Hawks could do what the Jets likely do with Percy, see what you get out of the players this season, then cut him after the season with no cap penalty.

White Devil

Reaction score
CANHawk":1eoqqa2d said:
So much lol in here. Not gonna happen...

The days of big name trades are over for this team. Pete & his entire staff are all in on the fact that they are a team that develops players and coaches. You guys need to understand the philosophy of this organization. Percy was a toy for Pete who was always fascinated with his on field potential, that sadly never materialized.

This team is built from the ground up to develop draft picks and teach them Seahawk football. I, for one, am totally behind the movement. There are other teams who have tried to ransom out their cap space and gamble on their future to hit paydirt now. And in the majority of times, it doesn't work. Redskins, Dolphins, Raiders...these are the teams who continuously try to make splashed in trades and Free Agency, and look where they are. This team is more in line with what Green Bay, Steelers, and Patriots are doing. They develop their young players, they keep who they can, and who they deem as cornerstones. That's it.

Get used to it. It will get better than the last 2 weeks. It's very difficult to repeat a season like this team had last year. The long term future of this organization is lightyears ahead of where it has been at any time in existence.

:les:

Cartire

Reaction score
I dont know what team you guys have been watching, but Clem and Red arent exactly lighting it up over in Jax. And theyre playing far worse teams then we are.

I think theres a lot of people wanting to make this trade with the idea that were getting 2012 Clem when we do it.