Marcus Burley is a horrendous football player

Abach

Reaction score
Just re watched the end of the game. It was Burley who was manning up the gunner on that fake punt... He sees the receiver run RIGHT past him and didn't do shit. He's continuously burned in coverage, and goofs up the game winning play. Cut his ass

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Burley wasn't even on the field. He's #28. #26, Terrell, was manned up on the gunner. And like you said, he was manned up on the gunner. It looks like Shead was responsible for the up back that caught the pass.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That was on the coach, not the player.

They should have been in base D anticipating the Rams were going for it on 4th down.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Definitely should've just played base DEF there.

Let the punt hit the turf. Who cares. You get two minutes with a hot offense needing a FG.

Don't even risk the fake.

pehawk

Reaction score
I really, really like Burley's long term potential at nickel. He's playing out of position.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's not a great idea to cut people based on a single play, especially if you haven't figured out for sure what happened during that play. You don't get take-backs if it turns out that you got the number wrong and cut the wrong guy, and if you don't like how a certain guy is playing then you would probably dislike the guy behind on the depth chart even more.

I agree with TH and english on this one; it's on the coaching staff. Shead is doing a nice PR job after the fact but there is no way that the group was on high alert for a fake punt there. It's just completely obvious by their slow reactions that the fake took them off guard when it should have been expected.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Lets be honest here.....with the game on the line 4th down and deep on our side of the field who would of thought they were gonna go for it. Instead of blaming anyone blame the Jeff Fisher or the Rams special teams coach for having the guts to dial up that play..Let's not act like we seen it coming cause I didn't.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Should have went all out for the block. They could have destroyed Hankey at the LOS. I dont know why they even bother to block for Walters. He's definitely not taken any advantage of their blocking.

marko358

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2l2rt88r said:
Lets be honest here.....with the game on the line 4th down and deep on our side of the field who would of thought they were gonna go for it. Instead of blaming anyone blame the Jeff Fisher or the Rams special teams coach for having the guts to dial up that play..Let's not act like we seen it coming cause I didn't.

Pretty much everyone saw that coming. Fisher is known for special teams trick plays. Our offense was gashing them left and right for the entire 2nd half and scoring at will. No way he puts it back in our hands with plenty of time left, needing only a FG to win.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Let's be more honest here.

First, Burley is some guy off the street and he looks to solve our issue with having effective slot corners.

He isn't to blame.

2nd EVERYONE SAW THIS COMING

EVERYONE. If you didn't see it coming, I am sure you did and it was just a mental block. Fish always pulls BS like this and makes idiotic gambles that loses his team important games. In this case, the idiotic gamble worked out because we never bothered to notice he did this to us in almost every game he played us the past few years.

The fake KR should have been a warning, to be offguard for weird trick behavior. I expected this on the 1st punt, the 2nd and every punt thereafter. The truly surprising thing was he went for it when he did but think about it - the Hawks scored the last 3 TDs on the last 3 possessions. Based on how the game was going you KNEW that if Wilson got the ball he would come in and score a TD in under 2 min.

So did the Rams so their coach made a ridiculous gamble that shouldn't have worked save for the braindead job of coaching today (Pete included).

Stop pretending nobody saw this coming. Everyone did because the Rams are well known for these types of chuck and duck type of coaching moves. It was the equivalent of a Hail Mary and us not coming on the field with any CBs.

It was beyond stupid, and the single biggest reason I am not upset about us having the fumble go against us was that we deserved to lose because of such stupidity.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
He especially wasn't to blame because he wasn't even on the field.

pehawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1uya381w said:
He especially wasn't to blame because he wasn't even on the field.

I think you're missing the point. Point being he should've been in on the play, so he could've shown us he sucks.

sturg78

Reaction score
Everyone may have thought watch the fake but no one really thought they were going for it. If they did think that then they don't understand football. It was absolutely insane. Like hammering your manhood to a wall socket insane. Running such a high risk play with the game on the line in your own field is just.... insane! Bad teams with nothing to lose get lucky tossing that stuff out there but Jeff Fisher would have been fired on his way to the locker room if that had failed. Everyone thought about it, NO ONE expected it.

INSANE

dopeboy206

Reaction score
marko358":322ddnri said:
dopeboy206":322ddnri said:

Pretty much everyone saw that coming. Fisher is known for special teams trick plays. Our offense was gashing them left and right for the entire 2nd half and scoring at will. No way he puts it back in our hands with plenty of time left, needing only a FG to win.

Although it didn't surprised me because I know about his past and how he likes to do trick plays but with the game on the line and deep in our territory you saw it coming? I didn't. I thought it was too much of a gamble for anyone to risk running that trick play..

pehawk

Reaction score
sturg78":60umv9st said:
Everyone may have thought watch the fake but no one really thought they were going for it. If they did think that then they don't understand football. It was absolutely insane. Like hammering your manhood to a wall socket insane. Running such a high risk play with the game on the line in your own field is just.... insane! Bad teams with nothing to lose get lucky tossing that stuff out there but Jeff Fisher would have been fired on his way to the locker room if that had failed. Everyone thought about it, NO ONE expected it.

INSANE

I know, right? Fisher's NEVER done that, ever. I bet even if you looked last year you wouldn't see it.

strohmin

Reaction score
marko358":3e13lc9h said:
dopeboy206":3e13lc9h said:

Yup. I even called that play as they were lining up. Watching every St. Louis vs Seattle gam, you had to know that was coming.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1vn3i895 said:
As God and my Wife as my witnesses, I knew that they were going to do that trick play, and said as much, only I thought that Pete was going to catch them with their pants down this time, but....fisher knew that his chances for that play to be successful were pretty damned good because of the way they were lined up for the punt.
Fisher was probably laughing his ass off at the whole Seahawks Coaching staff, saying something like Y'all are dumber than a bag of bent double pry-bars.

mikeak

Reaction score
I knew it as surely as I know that the late hit with a knee to Wilsons head is going to happen when Fisher coaches.

You know he has the balls to do it, you know they were desperate - they just couldn't lose yet another game after a big lead.

Either way - would never cut a player based on one play. If there is someone better - sure sign them

dopeboy206

Reaction score
The right words I should of used was I didn't expect it. Am I surprised? No but I just thought no coach would be dumb enough. Like an earlier poster said that's the kind of gutsy call that could get a coach fired if it failed...im sure the players aren't surprised but many didn't expect it and if they did they would've lined up differently. In this situation it was easier said as fans than react as a player when u dont expect it