Could Wilson win NFC OPOW? Update: No.

Erebus

Reaction score
Is there a rule, written or unwritten, that says only players on winning teams can win a Player of the Week award? If not, Wilson absolutely deserves it. Of all NFC QBs, only Brees had more passing yards, but he lost too and had less total yards than Wilson.

If it has to be a winner, it's between Rodgers and Tate. Rodgers was the only NFC QB with good stats and a win, but had far less total yards than Wilson. Tate had 10 catches, 150+ yards, and a TD.

Update: Aaron Rodgers won with inferior stats and a win. So that answers that question.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Yes losing players can win and I think he does. He set a record today after all.

dbmack

Reaction score
Russell would rather have the win than the stat but I hope he does get it.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/523943136499097600[/tweet]

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would much rather have the win but it would still be cool if Wilson won. Why shouldn't we care? Great performance by Wilson and I hope he gets it.

lobohawk

Reaction score
It obviously doesn't matter that he did something no other QB has ever done. It's being ignored because they lost, Manning gets his record TDs, Harvin drama, and his name isn't Luck.

zhawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":k8fjpnuz said:
It obviously doesn't matter that he did something no other QB has ever done. It's being ignored because they lost, Manning gets his record TDs, Harvin drama, and his name isn't Luck.

it'll go to manning. :pukeface:

Steve2222

Reaction score
austinslater25":34bxxf7i said:
I would much rather have the win but it would still be cool if Wilson won. Why shouldn't we care? Great performance by Wilson and I hope he gets it.

Well winning the game is no longer possible so **** it, let's hope he wins the player of the week.

Rat

Reaction score
Demarco Murray also set a record, and his team won. I'm not saying he deserves it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's who gets it.

OP
OP
E

Erebus

Reaction score
zhawk":1jgw9tgl said:
lobohawk":1jgw9tgl said:

it'll go to manning. :pukeface:
Eli? He didn't do squat. And Peyton, being in the AFC, is ineligible to win NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

Obviously everyone would rather have the win, but it's still nice to see our players recognized with awards.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Too many of the golden boys were slobbered on this week. You might find Wilson's record-setting performance hidden somewhere in fine print. No bigz...it was a losing effort.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Murray gets it. What he just did is pretty note-worthy as well as Wilson, plus he did it for a 6-1 team. This is a QB-driven league so that could sway the folks making the selection. I give him a 30% chance.

Cartire

Reaction score
Doubtful. Ive seen no article on his performance. Only articles about our downfall. Harvins Trade. and The Rams brilliant ST play (which was brilliant). Ive seen nothing written about RW being the first QB to ever hit 300/100 with 2 Passing and 1 Rushing TD and zero INT for the icing on the cake.

I saw just the few tweets about it and thats it, so no, I dont think he'll get it.