Hmm seems we had some bad Take out today

chris98251

Reaction score
First Fair weather fans I'm sure you will enjoy the Cowboy Forums.

Bandwagoners, the Bus will get better gas mileage now that your gone.

Trolls, enjoy today, it seems that you have been waiting for this and we are watching, the weed eater is fired up.

The 12th Man well .......

We have some that get emotionally ramped up.

We have some that need new remotes after a game.

We have some that spend many hours explaining the bad words said were not nice to say, and that daddy is washing his mouth out with soap under the watchful eye of his spouse :)

Then we have the turn it off fans only to peek later.

There are the many that know that as fans we knew that this was going to come at some point and weather it.

Then there are those that shouldn't Post under the Influence, I hope tomorrow you see things in a more balanced perspective.

Now that thats out of the way, taking into consideration the huge distraction and effect of preparation for this game I have to give our Seahawks a lot of credit.

First the offense,

They started bumpy, out of Sync, I think a lot of that had to do with running a different set of plays with different personal combinations, they got more in sync and comfortable as the game progressed and Wilson was doing what made us successful before Harvin, getting the ball to who was open instead of looking for a player. The running game was back and if not for the stupid penalties again the numbers would have been much better on paper. Off paper we made them respect it and that opened up the passing game.

I am discounting Wilsons runs, they would not have been needed if not for the penalties.

Having said that Wilson almost single handedly overcame those penalties by himself. He is the wild card and when all else fails makes teams pay.

Receivers were playing well, TE, Richardson,and Baldwin specifically, Kearse needs to elevate his game again and find ways to make himself more available.

Overall a very good game for the offense considering they were trying to find a new identity or reclaim one, it just took a half to get going.

Now lets look at the O line, the good Okung didn't have the penalties of the last few weeks, the bad someone else did. we are having way too many plays which always seem to be big ones negated because of our line, if we could run at will, or pass at will we may be able to overcome some of these, as it stands our QB is writing his last Will and Testament before each game.

Yes we have injuries, but we should be able to plow a hole for these guys given the focus we have on the run, Lynch is becoming more and more frustrated with them based on what I seen today. Needing ADB and ET to get his head straight during the game, then having his success called back.

Speaking of the scheme, a moving QB is great, but you can't expect him to bail out your line almost every play, I am hoping we re evaluate how the Line play scheme is implemented, Russell if given a pocket can drop and fire, he was doing it today in the second half, he needs a clean pocket at least half the time, whether it's lineman with better feet or smarter I don't know, but it needs to happen.

Succeeding in spite of ourselves can't keep happening. Sooner or later someone is going to get a shot on Wilson that will change his career.

Now to DEFENSE, again a huge amount of guys hurt, it's changing the rotation of the lineman and not putting us in the best situational conditions for what we want to do, it is having a effect on both run and pass defense concerning pass rushing.

Add that we have Wagner now injured and Kam is playing hurt the middle of the field is now being used as the go to area, the savvy of Wagner and his ability to stuff and drop into coverage is being much more appreciated, Kams a step slower and reacting slower, I have to think that ankle and bone spurs are really affecting his burst and leverage ability. The secondary is a medical ward as well.

Even with all that we were respectable today. yes Davis had a good rating, but we made him take what was given, he's not a bad QB and we have played against more established QB's that are not as good as this kid and as good as he is going to be.

What I really liked was the secondary playing more press and with attitude again, yes Simon had some dumb penalties, but he was not taking any crap, first game really for him and he had to set a line and gave back what he got, he will get smarter and better.

Overall the defense where not spectacular played better than the numbers show, they played well enough to win if not put in a bad situation by Special teams and Coaching.

Special teams, this was our achilles heal today, every Seahawk fan knows that Fisher loves the trick play, we were burned twice today, thats on preparation by the staff, also on the Punt return, you always stay in your lanes and don't cheat over, again bad coaching and preparation

Where the Harvin effect comes in in my opinion is focus in preparation by the staff and concentration of the players, at least the first half. I think they came out with a chip the second half and were much more focused.

Will we get things right? I think so, we can't overcome injuries some days, but we can overcome mental errors, we need to play cleaner and take advantage of circumstances going forward. A lot of things can happen between now and the end of the season.

It may be a bumpy season given the injuries, it may take a herculean coaching effort to make this season a success with less talented players, but team chemistry and hard work can go a long way. Post season may now be a hope versus an expectation, maybe we all needed to be a bit humbled to appreciate succes more.

Remember, we are the Seattle Seahawks, we don't do anything the easy way.

Oh and the Officiating, we can't control it, we can only bitch, best way to deal with it is to play well enough that even they can't screw us out of a win.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Way to start off a giant post by calling people bandwagoners, fairweather fans, and trolls.

D-

djb28

Reaction score
"Bad words" You aren't kidding. I had plenty of apologizing to do to my 2 1/2 year old and wife. He repeated every swear word from my mouth as I said it and I was so angry I didn't care to stop. I couldn't. That was as mad as I have ever been at a game in a long time. Tough way to go out. I know if we were awarded the ball it was not a sure thing we win, But deep down I feel we would have moved at will in to 3 point land! Season is young and there is time to re group!

Let's hope it can happen!

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm more than willing to take a step back if it ultimately means taking 2 steps forward. I am hopeful our staff now has their heads dislodged and I'm excited for the pending correction of a few things holding us back.

I love football. Boxing 10 x more. Most of my favorite fighters were no strangers to the canvas. Friends would comment..."why do you like Trinidad so much when he keeps getting knocked down"?

Because it pisses him off, he gets up then proceeds to knock the guy out.

For me, that's more fun than absolute, uncontested domination. Without losing, winning really wouldn't be winning.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
minormillikin":2l23tner said:
Way to start off a giant post by calling people bandwagoners, fairweather fans, and trolls.

D-

Obviously you missed it, the Fairweather fans, Bandwagoneers are more than likely gone, much less clutter, the Trolls as I stated have been identified and everyone here knows who they are, won't take long for them to be weeded out completely. The rest was addressed as 12th man.

Take a breath, have a drink or three unless your one that would get a PUI infraction.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
The offense lit it up in the 2nd half, the only thing keeping this game close was special teams and the refs. I think we can sweep Arizona and SF and take the division.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Special teams almost won us the game against Dallas. Singlehandedly.

Today, special teams gave up two big plays and cost us 14 points in a 2-point game. One that came down to a blown call to decide it.

It's not the end of the world. 3-3 is not insurmountable odds, not at all. A win next week will put us even with the 49ers, and waiting on the inevitable Cardinals collapse. It's sickening to think we're a handful of plays away from 6-0, and are looking at .500 instead, but there's a lot of bright side to that as well. As crappy as we've played, we've still been in every single game, with a chance to win every single game late. Good teams do that. This is a good team.

Threedee

Reaction score
Our ST has been our best piece of the triangle all season, It's crazy bad luck that it failed today, but that is a sobering fact.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
That's because... tdaaa, many of our spec teams standouts got pulled into the offense, so their practice reps emphasized the non-special teams plays. We are also missing Coleman, Miller and Wagner, who make significant contributions.

Torc

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2dywv2ta said:
As crappy as we've played, we've still been in every single game, with a chance to win every single game late. Good teams do that. This is a good team.

(It's so hard to know which of the several game reaction threads to post in! :) )

This is the saving grace, I think. In each of the losses we've had a shot to win at the end. As a fan you can't ask for more. (.....well, OK, yes we can! ;) ) Like anyone else I'd rather have the Hawks blowing people out, but they've lost to some good teams, not trap teams. (I guess the Rams might be called a trap team but it took a goal line stand to beat them in St. Louis last year. They're more solid than their record indicates.)

The problem is in where the Seahawks weaknesses lie - we know the O-line is questionable at best, and this year the defense doesn't seem to have the depth that they've had before. That was a strength last year - every time someone got hurt the next guy stepped up and there wasn't a drop-off. Those are things that won't get fixed during the year.

On the other hand, I'm with everyone else in celebrating the removal of the bubble screen and jet sweep. Loved Harvin, didn't love the plays designed for him. We have a power running game, and having so much of the offense initiated behind the line of scrimmage allowed the defense to cheat up. We've got to throw downfield to open up the run for Lynch, and the sweeps/screens weren't doing that. I was also stoked to see not only Richardson but also Norwood on the field. Richardson was a contributor and I look forward to seeing both of them more.

I also have to say, I'm giving Simon a pass on at least one of his penalties - on the hands to the face play, he was working to try to get off the receiver that had a death grip on his jersey. Could and should have been called holding, but the refs will make the player safety call every time.