Reason the fumble wasn't reviewed and no national outcry

RunTheBall

Reaction score
We aren't a national darling team, that's why there is no media fuss about the fumble not being reviewed. If it were Patriots/Broncos or Packers/Bears or Cowboys/(Insert team name here) it would have been reviewed, or else the media would have lynched the refs. Remember the last time we faced a certain team with a HUGE national fanbase and a controversial call went against them to end the game? The media was literally demanding the outcome be reversed.

gargantual

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3lax7x6z said:
We aren't a national darling team, that's why there is no media fuss about the fumble not being reviewed. If it were Patriots/Broncos or Packers/Bears or Cowboys/(Insert team name here) it would have been reviewed, or else the media would have lynched the refs. Remember the last time we faced a certain team with a HUGE national fanbase and a controversial call went against them to end the game? The media was literally demanding the outcome be reversed.
.........and still bitching about it 2 years later. I've literally seen articles where it is stated as FACT that we didn't really win that game, with NO mention of anything about controversy.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
gargantual":9e7ihvlb said:
RunTheBall":9e7ihvlb said:
.........and still bitching about it 2 years later. I've literally seen articles where it is stated as FACT that we didn't really win that game, with NO mention of anything about controversy.
Yep, it's absurd. The Packers can do no wrong in a certain part of the media's eyes. Also remember last year when the media threw a huge hissy fit over the 8-8 Steelers being "robbed" because apparently the Chargers had too many players on one side of the ball on a Chiefs missed FG Attempt? Or how Peyton Manning was "robbed of a chance to score" in OT against us because of "unfair OT rules"? It's like these media favorite teams should have their own special section of the rule book.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":32h1pp6e said:
God I'm sick of reading crap like this.
Maybe you should watch another sport then, there are teams with huge followings that get special treatment by the media. It's not even debatable. We heard OVER AND OVER AND OVER again about how our win vs. the Packers was "tainted", why is this game not tainted as well?

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
The media and NFL hate Seattle, there's no question. We have to blow teams out or the refs will keep it close. We have the same record as the 9ers (yes I know we had a bye) and that's what the media and people want, drama.. MNF was a prime example.... 3 TDs called back cuz they wanted to keep it close. They tried today everytime Lynch ran the ball. I had to wait 15 seconds to celebrate cuz I'm waiting for flags

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2m8yo0py said:
The media and NFL hate Seattle, there's no question. We have to blow teams out or the refs will keep it close. We have the same record as the 9ers (yes I know we had a bye) and that's what the media and people want, drama.. MNF was a prime example.... 3 TDs called back cuz they wanted to keep it close. They tried today everytime Lynch ran the ball. I had to wait 15 seconds to celebrate cuz I'm waiting for flags
I wouldn't go so far as saying they hate us, many picked us to repeat. Some dislike us, some like us. But their is this unwritten tier of "sainthood" teams that will always be in the right no matter what. The Packers are one of those teams, the Seahawks are not.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RunTheBall":16lf1yuh said:
gargantual":16lf1yuh said:
RunTheBall":16lf1yuh said:
Yep, it's absurd. The Packers can do no wrong in a certain part of the media's eyes. Also remember last year when the media threw a huge hissy fit over the 8-8 Steelers being "robbed" because apparently the Chargers had too many players on one side of the ball on a Chiefs missed FG Attempt? Or how Peyton Manning was "robbed of a chance to score" in OT against us because of "unfair OT rules"? It's like these media favorite teams should have their own special section of the rule book.

LOL ya...in some media writings it is just a given we actually lost but the refs made the wrong call, but they credit us as losing the game

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
davidonmi":3lzw9xw3 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3lzw9xw3 said:
seriously...
Oh so we can't talk about a horrible call the same day of the game? But we have to put up with 2+ years about hearing about the "Fail Mary"... come on, we will obviously get over this game but it just happened so why not talk about it?

Steve2222

Reaction score
The reason there's not a huge outcry is because it really wasn't that controversial. Should it have been reviewed? Sure. Would it have been overturned? Not a chance. There was no clear evidence we had possession of the fumble. And guess what? A Ram came out of the pile with the ball.

Suck it up and accept the loss. This is getting embarrassing.

Rat

Reaction score
The media hates Seattle? What teams have been given more press this season? They seem to like us plenty.

Steve2222

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2lpvrpi0 said:
davidonmi":2lpvrpi0 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2lpvrpi0 said:
seriously...
Oh so we can't talk about a horrible call the same day of the game? But we have to put up with 2+ years about hearing about the "Fail Mary"... come on, we will obviously get over this game but it just happened so why not talk about it?

Dude I hardly ever hear about the failmary anymore and that could have possibly been the most controversial call ever

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Steve2222":3cjnyrzt said:
The reason there's not a huge outcry is because it really wasn't that controversial. Should it have been reviewed? Sure. Would it have been overturned? Not a chance. There was no clear evidence we had possession of the fumble. And guess what? A Ram came out of the pile with the ball.

Plearse provide proof that a Ram came out of the pile with the ball

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Steve2222":avnbf6lp said:
RunTheBall":avnbf6lp said:
davidonmi":avnbf6lp said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":avnbf6lp said:
seriously...

Dude I hardly ever hear about the failmary anymore and that could have possibly been the most controversial call ever
Most controversial ever? LOL, wow are you even a Seahawks fan?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Steve2222":1797jpsp said:

A Ram did not come out of the pile with the ball.

Rat

Reaction score
This is the same kind of crap I've been seeing since the offseason where every article on ESPN gets bombed with Seahawks fans complaining about not getting enough respect. No wonder fans of other teams have become nauseated by Seahawks fans.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawkpower":td1o7i49 said:
Steve2222":td1o7i49 said:

A Ram did not come out of the pile with the ball.

Yes a Ram handed the ref the ball out of the scrum