Trust broken?

jake206

Reaction score
Got the feeling, some of the players thought Percy situation was salvagable, but coach/management disagreed. And some of them have got to be thinking if they can trade a talent like Percy...like that, what's to stop them from trading me. Doug alluded to the sudden trade impacting the teams effort somewhat.

HawkWow

Reaction score
They shouldn't just think that, they should know that. No player is bigger than team.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Some thinking it was salvageable just goes to show you how divided the locker room had become. This move had to happen.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1nszj7fo said:
Some thinking it was salvageable just goes to show you how divided the locker room had become. This move had to happen.

Yeah, if anyone in that locker room thought any of his fights or refusal to play would lead to being "salvageable" then i say cut them right now. They obviously weren't "All-in".

RiverDog

Reaction score
Chawks1":1vft7mmr said:
Tech Worlds":1vft7mmr said:

Yeah, if anyone in that locker room thought any of his fights or refusal to play would lead to being "salvageable" then i say cut them right now. They obviously weren't "All-in".

Agreed, although such a cut would include Beast and most likely Irvin and Avril.

Pete treated Percy with kid gloves. The DUI arrest, the decision to have surgery on his hip rather than follow the advice of team doctors, the mysterious return from that surgery, and now all these revelations of altercations with teammates indicates to me that Harvin should have been dealt with far earlier than he was.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Did anyone see Baldwin do his boxing celebration after scoring? I think more people were for the trade than against it in that locker room. Most of the people speaking out played on the opposite side of the ball and don't see a lot of what Baldwin, Wilson etc see. The guy quit on his team by refusing to go back into the game. I promise more than a handful of players would find that unacceptable. I hope.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, can any realistic thinking person think that a player who was physically fighting with fellow teammates while fomenting discord on a young team was salvageable? Uber talented or not, a player who thinks he is biggereven more supportive m than the team he needs to be moved along.

This negativity will pass and Pete will find a way or ways to have the team get it's mojo back, at present the injuries are not helping much.

We faithful need to be even more supportive until the crisis passes.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Chawks1":261vzx49 said:
Tech Worlds":261vzx49 said:

You mean like Russell Wilson?

blkhwk

Reaction score
Of course all the players are going to say the situation was salvageable or they "didn't see it coming" or even "we wish Percy well" even if they hated Percy's guts. Has anyone seen a tweet or post of any kind where a player said they were glad someone was traded?

RW's "none of your business" during his press conference pretty much summed it up for me. Read between the lines...... he's gone were happy he's gone and we're not talking about it...... that is what I took from that.

Players have to be careful what they say about other players/coaches etc. In the NFL you may be teammates again

A

Anonymous

blkhwk":fx1ymay2 said:
Of course all the players are going to say the situation was salvageable or they "didn't see it coming" or even "we wish Percy well" even if they hated Percy's guts. Has anyone seen a tweet or post of any kind where a player said they were glad someone was traded?

RW's "none of your business" during his press conference pretty much summed it up for me. Read between the lines...... he's gone were happy he's gone and we're not talking about it...... that is what I took from that.

Players have to be careful what they say about other players/coaches etc. In the NFL you may be teammates again

I think this is key. We're never going to get the absolute truth so why worry about who said what to who and who punched who. I don't really care, as the problem has been solved. It's all about the landing now.

At least we saw some very encouraging stepping-up of some key players yesterday. It took trickery to beat us.

suppaball

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2dq0i7sk said:
blkhwk":2dq0i7sk said:

I think this is key. We're never going to get the absolute truth so why worry about who said what to who and who punched who. I don't really care, as the problem has been solved. It's all about the landing now.

At least we saw some very encouraging stepping-up of some key players yesterday. It took trickery to beat us.
Trickery and a coke bottle treatment from the refs. Don't forget the coke bottle that's the big one.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If the players didn't like the trade, then they should have kicked Percy's ass when he got out of line in the locker room, and got in his face when he refused to play like a spoiled brat.

Players can't have it both ways, and it sounds like Pete did give the players time to deal with Harvin on their own.........and it didn't work out.

I don't blame Pete, you can't allow a player to challenge your authority by refusing to play like that. That's a no brainer to me. Either you're all in or you're gone.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Just like ADB wanted to send a message to the locker room with his post Dallas game interview. Maybe this was the FO sending a message back to the players as well being "always compete" or you're gone.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
blkhwk":18lr1wjg said:

Wilson's per-percy quote that was also telling: "I hope he finds peace somewere"
That makes it sound like Harvin was out of control and dealing with some pscychological issues (anger-management at least).

lukerguy

Reaction score
If trust were broken, it would have been broken by them trading a 1st, 3rd, and 7th and paying him more than guys who had contributed since the beginning. Trading him builds more trust as it shows they stick with their principals.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
lukerguy":3g6jodcw said:
If trust were broken, it would have been broken by them trading a 1st, 3rd, and 7th and paying him more than guys who had contributed since the beginning. Trading him builds more trust as it shows they stick with their principals.
Especially for Golden Tate, who played the same position and was a warrior for the team.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
When you practice all off-season and pre-season and go into the season using a game plan focused quite a bit around one guy, of course it's going to impact the team when you take that guy away two days before a game.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1yp7faze said:
Did anyone see Baldwin do his boxing celebration after scoring? I think more people were for the trade than against it in that locker room. Most of the people speaking out played on the opposite side of the ball and don't see a lot of what Baldwin, Wilson etc see. The guy quit on his team by refusing to go back into the game. I promise more than a handful of players would find that unacceptable. I hope.

nopunch.0.gif

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2,408

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3v4n2ypj said:
When you practice all off-season and pre-season and go into the season using a game plan focused quite a bit around one guy, of course it's going to impact the team when you take that guy away two days before a game.

Wasn't this the best our offense has performed all year? Russell broke a record, first QB to pass for 300 and run for 100.

I liked that our offense actually looked like an offense yesterday, with actual NFL passes..........and not the Oregon Ducks of the NFL.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":t2puf2g8 said:
If the players didn't like the trade, then they should have kicked Percy's ass when he got out of line in the locker room, and got in his face when he refused to play like a spoiled brat.

Players can't have it both ways, and it sounds like Pete did give the players time to deal with Harvin on their own.........and it didn't work out.

I don't blame Pete, you can't allow a player to challenge your authority by refusing to play like that. That's a no brainer to me. Either you're all in or you're gone.

How do you know that the players didn't get in Harvin's face and try to deal with Harvin? I'm pretty sure that some at least tried. We know that Russell Wilson tried and couldn't.

But I am disappointed in Beast, Avril, and Irvin in taking sides with Harvin. If even half the stuff we've heard about Harvin's behavior is true, they should have been 4 square behind the team and their decision to part ways with him. Do they think that it's OK to refuse to go into a game? What the heck was Pete supposed to do? What would anyone in a position of authority do when blatantly challenged with an insubordinate act?