Let's look at this rationally...kinda

ManBunts

Reaction score
We can all agree some of the calls were bad. Not just the fumble, but throughout the game. When you get a 10 vs 2 call disparity, especially against a Jeff Fisher team which last game against has had something like 6 personal fouls alone for the BS they tried to pull, then there's reason to cry wolf.

But let's try and look at this in some context.

First the Rams: Frankly I think the big shock for me this year was that they WEREN'T this defensive monster. This game they finally came out and are we that surprised? Our o-line needed help before Unger went out. They had something like 19 sacks against Wilson before this game. They know us on offense. And this is a Jeff Fisher team. They play hard. Sometimes dirty, but always hard, and they're tricky. This was never going to be easy.

Second the Seahawks: Offensively we cut Harvin, we lost Unger, Miller is still out and Coleman broke his foot in warmups. Those are some huge wrenches to throw into an offensive gameplan, facing a defense like this. All of a sudden we have to activate Michael, Turbin becomes a true fullback, and we work in two rookie WRs. On defense we're out Simon, Marsh, but more importantly Wagner. So we're operating a defensive unit that has been underperforming already, minus our MLB. As much credit as the LOB be gets, MLB is a clutch position for organizing the defense, and there was clearly some disarray there, because we got beat by a 3rd string QB and a backup RB.

Frankly, I think there are some positives to take from this. Richardson looked great. Wish we'd seen more from Norwood, but I'm excited he's back. Doug really stepped up as our #1 WR, a spot I think he earned and I'm glad to give him. Helfet was awesome. If he can get to Miller's level as a pass blocker I'll feel way better about the future.

I think we get healthy, we get our heads right, and we're back in this easy. The Cardinals are in first by a few, but with the Niners losing, we're still in the middle of the pack. Panthers, Raiders, Giants, Chiefs, that's who we get next. We need to win all of them, because the end of the season is going to be brutal, but we can.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I was ten times more worried about our offence for the rest of the season on Saturday than I am today.

I think we have a good chance to win 4 of the next 5 and put us in a great position to make the playoffs with a strong run in the final few games that get much tougher.

We need Arizona to start losing some games and some of the other NFC contenders like either one of Dallas/Philly and GB/Detriot so that it doesn't take a full 11 wins to get the Wild Card (in case we're unable to win the NFC West)

By far to me the biggest concern is the lack of pass rush, as almost every other problem should at least partially be solved by getting currently injured players healthy