I don't uunderstand those so upset about no replay?

cboom

Reaction score
Even if they did it wouldn't have changed a thing. There wasn't anything that could completely confirm Sherm had control. And they did come out of the pile with the ball. So replay or not it would have been the exact same result.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
cboom":39qr57ri said:
Even if they did I wouldn't have changed a thing. There wasn't anything that could completely confirm Sherm had control. And they did come out of the pile with the ball. So replay or not it would have been the exact same result.

I agree. It also shouldn't have come down to that.

Cartire

Reaction score
cboom":khipif0l said:
Even if they did it wouldn't have changed a thing. There wasn't anything that could completely confirm Sherm had control. And they did come out of the pile with the ball. So replay or not it would have been the exact same result.

Ive heard 2 others who dont think it matters say this. And yet I have heard zero official statement or seen zero angles at who gave the ball to the ref.

On top of which, they made the call before they even got the ball from someone.

On top of which, you're right that the replay would most likely not had changed anything, but I believe they made the wrong call on the field to fast, and therefor didnt want to show their mistake, so they just continued to run with it sense the replay wouldnt have overturned it anyway.

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":tfygxy0t said:
cboom":tfygxy0t said:
Even if they did I wouldn't have changed a thing. There wasn't anything that could completely confirm Sherm had control. And they did come out of the pile with the ball. So replay or not it would have been the exact same result.

I agree. It also shouldn't have come down to that.

When people say this what do they mean? A game is 60mins, every min counts no matter what happened in the first 59mins. No team in the NFL is world beaters NONE. It seems like some expect us to come into everyones house and just blow them away because we are the mighty Seahawks.

Are team is Human and they are struggling with injuries, Trades and who knows what else.

Either way with One of those critical minutes left in the game are Defense got us the ball back and the refs couldn't take 30 seconds to verify? I mean seriously. I had to listen for WEEKS about how unfair it was peyton didn't get a chance in OT against us which is a rule that has been in affect forever, But yet they cant take a look at the most critical play of the game?

drrew

Reaction score
Cartire":2dml4aw5 said:
Ive heard 2 others who dont think it matters say this. And yet I have heard zero official statement or seen zero angles at who gave the ball to the ref.

If you watch the video linked in the other thread from NFL.com, it appears that it is Harkey who somehow managed to get his hands back on the ball and is who handed it to the ref. It's right around the 45 second mark, the ref takes the ball, and then from that exact spot someone helps Harkey up.

Cartire

Reaction score
drrew":a2bh5a99 said:
Cartire":a2bh5a99 said:

If you watch the video linked in the other thread from NFL.com, it appears that it is Harkey who somehow managed to get his hands back on the ball and is who handed it to the ref. It's right around the 45 second mark, the ref takes the ball, and then from that exact spot someone helps Harkey up.

I just rewatched the game twice. On gamerewind. So I dont need the nfl.com clips. Never saw any of what you just said.

Basis4day

Reaction score
So you don't think that was the worst call the Seahawks have ever had, and you've been around long enough to see them all?

chawx

Reaction score
drrew":15umti8f said:
Cartire":15umti8f said:

Yeah, you can clearly see in this red circle here, that a Rams guy, CLEARLY hands the ball to the ref... see, it's crystal clear, right there. Can we drop this now that we've seen 100% for sure that the ball was given to the official by a Rams player.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2014-10-20-at-11.26.03-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2014-10-20-at-11.26.03-AM.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,426

drrew

Reaction score
Cartire":2fxp4lp6 said:
drrew":2fxp4lp6 said:
Cartire":2fxp4lp6 said:

I just rewatched the game twice. On gamerewind. So I dont need the nfl.com clips. Never saw any of what you just said.

Sorry, they helped Harkey up at 51 seconds.

The other telling piece is the Seahawks player reactions. Have you ever seen a defender come out of the pile with the ball and not have several of his teammates gesticulating wildly about a change of possession? Not one Seahawk appeared to have any sort of reaction as the ball was retrieved by the officials.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I've looked hard at that picture. Where can you CLEARLY see a Rams player hand the ball to the ref?

drrew

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2co97t3y said:
I've looked hard at that picture. Where can you CLEARLY see a Rams player hand the ball to the ref?

Nothing is clear, and I don't mean to infer that it is. However, in looking at where the ref got the ball from, where Harkey got up from, where Sherman is laying when he comes into view, the direction Sherman is laying when he comes into view, and lastly, the complete absence of any sort of positive reaction by a single Seahawk, I believe that the Rams somehow came out of that pile with the football.

Abach

Reaction score
Oh my goodness. The seahawks failed in epic proportions by failing to defend the fake punt. Any other factor deciding the outcome of the game is trumped by the inability to defend a *mod edit* fake punt pass within the ram's own 30.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Even if they went to replay, there would have had to be irrefutable evidence that Sherman had complete control of the ball, which all the video and pics I've seen doesn't show that.

The ball was definitely UNDER Sherman, but it doesn't appear that he ever had complete control. So it wouldn't have mattered, wouldn't have been overturned.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
drrew":2qdac2y2 said:
dumbrabbit":2qdac2y2 said:

the complete absence of any sort of positive reaction by a single Seahawk, I believe that the Rams somehow came out of that pile with the football.

I seem to recall that a a few Hawks players had pointed Seahawks had the ball. Care to explain why you didn't see that?

jdblack

Reaction score
chawx":198ap442 said:
Yeah, you can clearly see in this red circle here, that a Rams guy, CLEARLY hands the ball to the ref... see, it's crystal clear, right there. Can we drop this now that we've seen 100% for sure that the ball was given to the official by a Rams player.

Whoever made that circle fails hard. It's not much better than if the circle enclosed the entire picture.

drrew

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2sd7qjep said:
drrew":2sd7qjep said:
dumbrabbit":2sd7qjep said:

the complete absence of any sort of positive reaction by a single Seahawk, I believe that the Rams somehow came out of that pile with the football.

I seem to recall that a a few Hawks players had pointed Seahawks had the ball. Care to explain why you didn't see that?

Irvin pointed at the very beginning before the pile really started, Kevin Williams pointed a few seconds later but he wasn't in the pile, he was way off to the side, Mebane pointed and again was way off to the side. All of these happened several seconds before the ball came out of the pile.

The ball is retrieved by the official, and not one single Seahawk makes any sort of movement to indicate it is their ball. Bennett wanders over to where the ball is being spotted, and the rest of the team looks completely dejected as they stand around or lie around where the pile was.

Would you care to explain why you seem to think the Seahawks recovered the ball based on the video available and any other evidence?

It sucks, because if they do recover it, with how Wilson was playing, this team gets into FG range and we're celebrating a game winning field goal, but it just didn't work out.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
jdblack":2eb8xeyp said:
chawx":2eb8xeyp said:

Whoever made that circle fails hard. It's not much better than if the circle enclosed the entire picture.
I give internet sarcasm lessons for $5. PM for details.

On a serious note, I believe people are upset based on the principal of lack of review. At a minimum, the fumble should have been reviewed. I can understand bad or missed calls during plays, when action is going full speed. There was no reason to not take two minutes to review that, regardless of what the result may have been.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
drrew":23l3hkbm said:
dumbrabbit":23l3hkbm said:
drrew":23l3hkbm said:
dumbrabbit":23l3hkbm said:

Irvin pointed at the very beginning before the pile really started, Kevin Williams pointed a few seconds later but he wasn't in the pile, he was way off to the side, Mebane pointed and again was way off to the side. All of these happened several seconds before the ball came out of the pile.

The ball is retrieved by the official, and not one single Seahawk makes any sort of movement to indicate it is their ball. Bennett wanders over to where the ball is being spotted, and the rest of the team looks completely dejected as they stand around or lie around where the pile was.

Would you care to explain why you seem to think the Seahawks recovered the ball based on the video available and any other evidence?

It sucks, because if they do recover it, with how Wilson was playing, this team gets into FG range and we're celebrating a game winning field goal, but it just didn't work out.

I didnt see any Rams jumping around either. No one knew what was going on. The refs were running around, grabbing the ball, spotting it.......it was confusion.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Crabhawk":34t4mlam said:
jdblack":34t4mlam said:
chawx":34t4mlam said:

I give internet sarcasm lessons for $5. PM for details.

On a serious note, I believe people are upset based on the principal of lack of review. At a minimum, the fumble should have been reviewed. I can understand bad or missed calls during plays, when action is going full speed. There was no reason to not take two minutes to review that, regardless of what the result may have been.

Very true.

It all happened so fast, and so much happened on the play, that at least had they slowed down to look at it, explain what they were calling, we would have known what was happening.

As it was, no one saw anything, explained anything, the clock was started, and everyone ran off the field.

The rest of us are left saying, what just happened??? It gave the impression of being rushed and quite frankly, wrong.

what was the hurry???