Pete's Monday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
Video: [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Audio usually aired simultaneously on KIRO here: [urltargetblank]http://player.liquidcompass.net/KIROAM[/urltargetblank]

I'm mostly interested to see if he's got any information on injured players, but I'll recap as best I can while it's happening

EDIT: Video is now on .com for those who want to hear for themselves

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-8-Monday-Press-Conference/52c10cd4-4b57-421a-a345-4e0e9a67b9a8[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said after a really poor start, he was glad to see the offense really come together in that second half. There were a lot of positives later in the game. Said this game is a reminder how vital the kicking game is.

Said he thought Turbin and Helfet did a good job in their first starts and that will help us going down the road

Said defensively we need to make some changes to be able to get to the quarterback. (as is being discussed in other threads now) but no specifics.

On the return he said guys followed the returners and not the ball and it was played beautifully by them

Also said on the 75 yard return, they assumed he'd take a knee so they relaxed and then he came out.

Reiterated that we need to adjust to be able to get to the quarterback.

Said he's looking at least 6 weeks for Coleman's injury but he doesn't know.

asked about Turbin at FB and said "he made it through" said Turbin has NEVER taken a snap as a FB ever in his life, but he was able to do the job.

On M-Rob possibly coming back...he said that he's doing a very good job in the media right now (in other words he didn't really answer)

Simon and Maxwell both have a chance to get back this week.

Schilling has a big bruise but he's ok

Unger is "working at it". He's doing some stuff this week and we'll see how he progresses

Zach is still a bit away.

Sounds like Willson should be back to practice by Thursday and play next weekend. He was close for the Rams but they played it safe.

On adjusting for the game without Harvin...he said that it wasn't an issue because he wasn't practicing early in the week anyway

Says the team handled the trade well and he doesn't think there's any fallout. Said obviously they are human and there will be reactions but they are all fine.

More details on the pass rushing, seems they are going to adjust the rotation to get them better chances to get to the qb.

Gave props to PRich and Norwood, saying that Norwood is doing fine but PRich is ahead as he wasn't out the time that Norwood was.

On the fumble at the end of the game, said the NFL called and said they looked at it and didn't see anything to change it so they didn't call for a replay. Pete said he pointed out to them that at such a crucial point at the end of the game that they don't need to rush through and they should take the time to be sure they got it right.

Hill should be back to practice this week.

On LB play, said there were a few issues where they didn't quite hit it like they should on the edge but they played pretty well.

No idea on how long Wagner might be out.

Lane will practice this week but still has 2 more weeks before he can be active for a game.

Said there was a hit on Wilson where he can't believe there wasn't something called and said it was the hardest hit he took all day and that we want him to not have to take those kinds of hits.

Said Lynch ran well, but had a few called back that would have improved his stats.

On Baldwin's Day. Said he's been effective in the slot. Said he plays ok on the outside but his chemistry in the slot with Wilson is very good.

Said Baldwin gets to play inside more with Harvin gone.

Asked why Harvin didn't want to go in at the end of the Dallas game his answer was "He's a Jet".

That's it for today. Next presser is Wednesday. When I see a link to the recorded version I'll get it posted here.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Sounded like Wagner's injury is pretty severe. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was out for six weeks or more.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I loved the "He's a Jet" response. Thanks for the recap.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wilson took a lot of dirty hits from the Rams in that game. I couldn't believe they were never called for it. They were giving cheap shots left and right. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since they have proven to be a dirty team since Fisher got there and the refs were turning a blind eye to everything Rams related in this game.

White Devil

Reaction score
Thanks for the recap Kidhawk

The hit on Wilson would have been flagged for any other QB. Lucky for us we had a rookie crew and they blew a couple of calls. I honestly don't know how a flag wasn't thrown for that though. Russ looked dazed for a couple of plays after. They only showed a very quick replay and I don't think anybody realized just how bad it was.

Which brings up another point...both teams had problems staying on top of the play clock. I'm surprised nobody asked Pete about that.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
White Devil":8d5pz49l said:

The hit on Wilson would have been flagged for any other QB. Lucky for us we had a rookie crew and they blew a couple of calls. I honestly don't know how a flag wasn't thrown for that though. Russ looked dazed for a couple of plays after. They only showed a very quick replay and I don't think anybody realized just how bad it was.

Which brings up another point...both teams had problems staying on top of the play clock. I'm surprised nobody asked Pete about that.

one of the more egregious misses by the crew. Brady gets that call if the defender even thinks about making contact at that point.

The play clock was an issue as well. Not sure what it was, but you are right, something was amiss there.

Better stop now, someone will soon angrily point out that this isnt the reason Seattle lost. 8)

Cartire

Reaction score
White Devil":1w1ge01g said:

I was noticing the play clock issues, and I have to think some of that is on the ref's not resetting it at the proper times. There was 1 time for both teams where my initial reaction was "Wait, how the hell has time expired already, they just got out of the huddle."

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2fse3aay said:
Wilson took a lot of dirty hits from the Rams in that game. I couldn't believe they were never called for it. They were giving cheap shots left and right. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since they have proven to be a dirty team since Fisher got there and the refs were turning a blind eye to everything Rams related in this game.

Well, let's not forget about their DC...that squeaky clean, super-standup guy, Greg Williams. None of that low brow shiznit surprised me...just wish the refs would have thrown some flags, so that he didn't run amok with, but alas, lets kick the Seahawks while their down.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2ou78k3k said:

I think that was my favorite part of the presser. I thought 'oh no!' and SMFH in disbelief when the question was asked, but Pete nipped that in the bud like a boss! "That's it; he's a Jet," haaa! Immediately following that was "anything else," and down comes the curtain! More like a steel door slamming closed. 8)

sutz

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":4zx00aoy said:
Seahawkfan80":4zx00aoy said:

I think that was my favorite part of the presser. I thought 'oh no!' and SMFH in disbelief when the question was asked, but Pete nipped that in the bud like a boss! "That's it; he's a Jet," haaa! Immediately following that was "anything else," and down comes the curtain! More like a steel door slamming closed. 8)
We need some more of that attitude around here. I'm a bit tired of the PH threads, in all their permutations for or against.
I've moved on.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I can't believe the NFL said they looked at that fumble and didn't see a reason to even look at it further.

In trying to cover for their terrible officials, they are perpetuating a lot of the folks' conspiracy theories. And how can you blame the conspiracy theorists in that case ?